Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nothing like waiting for the call...

Sgt93
Sgt93 Posts: 728
edited August 2012 in Off Topic
from the hospital with a reporting time for shoulder surgery #2 tomorrow. My first was in Jan and it's still jacked up. :( Nervous to say the least. 

WARNING: IIf I post anything crazy over the next few weeks it's the drugs and not me :))
XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93

Comments

• Prayers for a speedy recovery! Hope you can egg one handed or one shouldered!
  • Sgt93
    Prayers for a speedy recovery! Hope you can egg one handed or one shouldered!
    Thank you Lizzie. It may be a few days before Egging, but I will figure it out! :))
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Good luck hope all goes well
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    I had 2 spinal surgeries in the last 9 months so i understand the nervousness.  Hopefully you are comfortable with the doctor.  It makes alot of difference.  Wishing you a speedy and COMPLETE recovery.

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Sgt93
    Good luck hope all goes well
    Thank you
    I had 2 spinal surgeries in the last 9 months so i understand the nervousness.  Hopefully you are comfortable with the doctor.  It makes alot of difference.  Wishing you a speedy and COMPLETE recovery.
    My surgeon is awesome and lives by me as well (nicer house of course :)) ). He actually called me up at work a few days ago to let me know what he was thinking about the surgery etc. A great guy and well respected by all. Thanks for the thoughts and hope you are feeling better yourself. 
  • He's calling to butter you up for some BGE goodies!!! Good luck.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Good luck and hoping for a speedy and full recovery.
    Thanks all, I was called and am going in at 0800. 
  • Good luck Sgt93. Here's to a speedy recovery so you can get back to Eggin'!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Sgt93
    Thank you :)
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501

Best of luck.I feel for ya!

I had a torn rotator cuff. 2 weeks later I retore it. Anyway after 3 months of lay up during the winter I did not grill (pre egg). After getting off the vicoden I had a taste for a Manhattan.Which in turn led to the grill. My daughter with big sad eyes said Dad can you grill some chicken.I think we were all going through withdrawls. Longest I ever went in 20 years without grillin'.

Now 3 years later and coming up on a year with an egg I gained 25#'s

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Sgt93

Best of luck.I feel for ya!

I had a torn rotator cuff. 2 weeks later I retore it. Anyway after 3 months of lay up during the winter I did not grill (pre egg). After getting off the vicoden I had a taste for a Manhattan.Which in turn led to the grill. My daughter with big sad eyes said Dad can you grill some chicken.I think we were all going through withdrawls. Longest I ever went in 20 years without grillin'.

Now 3 years later and coming up on a year with an egg I gained 25#'s

I had a torn rotator, labrum (which is screwed and cannot heal) and they found a "pothole" in my shoulder. Doc is going in to fracture the pothole in hopes of scar tissue buildup. If this doesn't work, a replacement shoulder at 37 years old. Ugh. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Sgt93 - speedy and full recovery, given the circumstances. If you need someone to babysit your big green baby, let me know, I really don't mind......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 - speedy and full recovery, given the circumstances. If you need someone to babysit your big green baby, let me know, I really don't mind......
    :)) thanks, I think. 
  • Godspeed, Sarge!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Best of luck to you, glad to hear that you are in good hands
  • Sgt93
    Thanks all :)
  • do not let them check your temp with your thermapen... :)

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• Eller
    Eller Posts: 56
    I hope you have a quick recovery. Posting on pain meds should be interesting.
  • Sgt93

do not let them check your temp with your thermapen... :)

:))
    Eller said:

I hope you have a quick recovery. Posting on pain meds should be interesting.

We will see :)

To bed, later all.
  • You'll be able to Egg with one hand. I had to do it from January till May this year. I was hit/ran over by a semi truck...not stealing your thunder I promise. It's tough and can get very aggravating. Best of luck!
  • Sgt93

You'll be able to Egg with one hand. I had to do it from January till May this year. I was hit/ran over by a semi truck...not stealing your thunder I promise. It's tough and can get very aggravating. Best of luck!

Whoa! Glad you are ok. My first surgery was in January. I hope this is it but doc said no matter what, a shoulder replacement is in my future. Leaving for the surgery center in a few. Nerves are kicking in.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Good luck! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Sgt93 said:

You'll be able to Egg with one hand. I had to do it from January till May this year. I was hit/ran over by a semi truck...not stealing your thunder I promise. It's tough and can get very aggravating. Best of luck!

Whoa! Glad you are ok. My first surgery was in January. I hope this is it but doc said no matter what, a shoulder replacement is in my future. Leaving for the surgery center in a few. Nerves are kicking in.
    Thanks! I hope the best for you too. You'll be fine though.
  • RJR
    RJR Posts: 5
    Good Luck and a speedy recovery
    Retired. Took delivery of my large BGE on 12-31-11
  • Sgt93
    Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers, they mean a lot!

Pain, pain, pain! Once again there was a lot more damage than what showed. I was under the knife for about 3 hours. The doc cut muscles to re-wrap areas and removed damaged bone to include a marble size piece. I don't even start physical therapy for 4 weeks! One handed typing is dandy! Thanks again for the thoughts :)
  • Fliehigh
    Fliehigh Posts: 76

I am 36 and this past Feb I had a Hemi- Arthorplasty (Half shoulder replacement). They tried the micro fracture on me, the Feb prior, and it didn't work. They say it is 50/50 if it will work or not.

I have been in your seat and although it isn't fun right now, it will get better. I am right handed, had my right shoulder done, and I just finished siding my cottage, building a new step for house and my BGE table.

It will get better.

• Sgt93
    Fliehigh said:

I am 36 and this past Feb I had a Hemi- Arthorplasty (Half shoulder replacement). They tried the micro fracture on me, the Feb prior, and it didn't work. They say it is 50/50 if it will work or not.

I have been in your seat and although it isn't fun right now, it will get better. I am right handed, had my right shoulder done, and I just finished siding my cottage, building a new step for house and my BGE table.

It will get better.

Thanks for the inspiration, I had the micro fractures as well as a lot of other crap done for the 2nd time. I'm trying to stay hopeful. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Glad to hear you are through it. Best wishes for your recovery, and the offer still stands to help with baby sitting the green baby..........
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Sgt93
    Glad to hear you are through it. Best wishes for your recovery, and the offer still stands to help with baby sitting the green baby..........
    :)) thank you