Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bread

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just made zucchini bread in the Big Green Egg. It came out great.
We have been using it only to cook meat. Now I am inspired to try to
make Italian bread. I saw recipies for bread using a bread machine and I do not have one. I would like to see a recipe for bread without using a bread machine. Thanks.

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    molly,[p]A while back, Nature Boy post a picture of a French or Italial bread loaf. Looked yummy! Please keep experimenting and tell us of your results (picture are a big plus)![p]Smokey
  • newsense
    Options
    molly,
    Bread machines are simply clever devices that keep bakers from getting their fingers messy. Mix whatever dough the recipe calls for and put it in big bowl covered with plastic wrap. You will get you the same results. If you want thick, hearty bread, take the dough out of the bowl a couple of times as it rises and fold it (just like you fold a piece of paper). This process usually takes a couple of hours. Then, shape the bread, let it rise again and bake it. I've made plenty of bread on the egg, and the egg provides a great crusty finish. Just be careful not to burn the bottom of the bread. I use a place-setter and a pizza stone together to shield the bottom of the bread from the high heat.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    FrenchBread.jpg
    <p />Smokey,
    Here is that picture. Kinda looks like a croissant, since I had to curl it to fit on the pizza stone![p]I did this quite some time ago, and have not had the time to go at it again. I got the recipe from Dr. Chicken, and it is buried somewhere. It works great on a pizza stone. I think I remember cooking in the 400-425 range.[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Timothy M2
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    What are the advantages of cooking bread in the egg over a conventional oven. Oops, you all may not remember what a conventional oven is (grin, I am new to this egg stuff).[p]Hey, how do you get pictures in your messages?

• MrTGT
    Options

I was at the supermarket today & got a bag of pizza dough. I threw it in a cake pan let it rise about an inch. Then spread olive oil on top, some kosher salt and chopped garlic. Threw it on the egg at 325 for 25 minutes. (till it was brown on top)We then sat down with this Foccacia like bread and a bowl of fresh garden tomatoes with basil & olive oil. A great end of summer treat!!!!

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Wow 19 yrs later...
    Joined two months ago.
    0 discussions.
    Five spams.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    edited November 2020
    Options
    For the record, I was referring to  spammer who resurrected this zombie thread to promote his site. It appears Buffalo removed his post.
    canuckland
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Just think, they are a week away from one of the most awful moments in America's history, discussing making bread in their Big Green Eggs. 

Times were simpler, then.  They could still have flown with full sized bottles of shampoo.  
    Clinton, Iowa
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Was lectricity even discovered back then?
    Options
    Not a soul mentioned rectum 🤔 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,975
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Just put it together that after 9/11, people here stopped posting in bold font.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just put it together that after 9/11, people here stopped posting in bold font.  

Do you think that might have had anything to do with a data import from some other forum?