Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed pizza,

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BGEFociaBread1_07002.jpg
<p />I baked bread a few days ago and while the egg was still hot, I cut some dough out to make a stuffed pizza , something I never made before. I saw the recipe and thought it was worth a try. Simple enough with two crusts and a light stuffing of Genoa sausage, roasted red peppers, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and caramelized onion in two tablespoons of olive oil, all added in that order. The top dough had fresh rosemary folded in. A sprinkle of sea salt and it was ready for the egg.

BGEFociaBread1_07003.jpg

I liked this and will try again to tweak the crust for more crispness. This would make a nice hearty antipasto for a dinner party. Have a great weekend.
Clay

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    ClayQ,
    beautiful just simply beautiful
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• SmokeyBear
    Options
    That looks great. Did you make the dough for the crust?
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    ClayQ,
    I make this as a calzone pizza. Create your round base, put your filling on one half, leaving about half an inch around the edge. Fold over the clear half, and seal the edges. i like to use ham, tomotoes, without the seeds, basil leaves, grated mozzerella, and freshly ground pepper.
    I cook inthe Egg for 8/10 minutes at 450 and then sprinkle with good EVOO.

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    ClayQ,
    Wow, that looks soooooo good. I'll need to work some of that into my schedule. Being a rookie and so many things to cook. LOL Enjoy, AZ