Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Another School Shooting reported OT

Options
This time close to home. Marshall County High School, KSP reports at least 5 wounded, 1 dead. Air evac has been called in for two of the injured. The shooter is in custody.
Hug your children.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Crazy world we live in.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    My heart breaks every time these stories arise. Such senseless and unexplainable loss for the families. 

I cant imagine...
    Greensboro, NC
  • kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    Very, very sad to hear this. Difficult times...

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Went early this morning to catch some fish. Had to get out of the water because my phone wouldn't stop ringing over this thing. 

This stuff has got to stop. We are going in tonight to train a group of teachers on Active Shooter training. 

Get your educators educated on how to deal with this, y'all. Minutes can save lives.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    We started teaching our kids how to bum rush shooters.  My six year old son is getting pretty good at it.  His older step sister gets a lil scared when I bring my Glock out of the closet but she'll get over it eventually.  She is not my spawn an her dad is kind of a chickenshit. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Jesus.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    Crazy world we live in.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

Many of todays problems are linked to your writings found above and what everyone's true rights are.  The world will long debate this by far more learned people than me but the simple approach may turn out to be the best.

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I think they'll look back on these times, in the distant future, and find it hard to believe kids were allowed on devices and social media unfettered.  They are having a profound effect on mental and social development.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    'Murica!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    The toll has climbed to 2 dead, 19 injured, and 1 more is hanging on by a thread.

The journalists covering this said it was a 15 year old male with a hand gun that started shooting in a common area before classes.

Benton, Kentucky is a small tight knit community. I know people there. It is close to LBL, one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Social media? Probably. Access to weapons, definately.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    What a scary world we live in. Makes me glad that I don't have children to raise. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    So sorry to hear this happened
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Social media? Probably. Access to weapons, definately.
    History of prescription meds for depression, ADHD, hyperactivity.......probably.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We started teaching our kids how to bum rush shooters.  My six year old son is getting pretty good at it.  His older step sister gets a lil scared when I bring my Glock out of the closet but she'll get over it eventually.  She is not my spawn an her dad is kind of a chickenshit. 
    Sounds like a good plan.  What could possibly go wrong?
    Options
    History of prescription meds for depression, ADHD, hyperactivity.......probably.
    Hey @stlcharcoal... that sounds like a large number of Eggheaders as well if you would have added OLD! :)

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I don’t know who you are or who’s troll account you are, but using a situation like this to try and be funny or garner some kind of reaction is the height of tastelessness. Take it elsewhere. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    This is always horrible news.  One of my best friend's went to school there and has many friends on the faculty. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    I don’t know who you are or who’s troll account you are, but using a situation like this to try and be funny or garner some kind of reaction is the height of tastelessness. Take it elsewhere. 
    Not trying to be a troll or funny at all.  I don know what your teaching your own kids but mine are gonna be ready.  If it was up to me they both be packing already.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    As part of the school curriculum, the children at Marshall County High School have had some previous training on reaction, and what to do when gun violence occurs.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    My in laws have a very close friend who taught at that school. Since retired. On of the girls who was killed is their daughters friends niece.  Sad day in that community. So senseless. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    Yesterday it was Texas, today it was Kentucky. Tomorrow?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk