Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very Dissappointed!

Options
I recently discovered a crack in my large BGE. It runs from the bottom vent under it almost to the center. I've had my BGE for over 15yrs and love it. I wrote BGE customer service and explained. That was almost a month ago. I have yet to get a single response. I have put a lot of time and money maintaining this BGE for many years and now I may lose it because of poor customer service.  I have turned several people on to The BGE over the years. I guess I expected to at least get a damn response! 

Let me add, I contacted BGE directly because the store I purchased from is no longer in business. 

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Any dealer can handle your warranty claim. 
  • Robm24
    Robm24 Posts: 2
    Options
    Contact any dealer.......you need to take a picture, find the lot number stamped in the base if you can, & submit the receipt.  That's it.  BGE would have told you to do the same--that's what the dealership network is for.

When your new car breaks down, you don't call the HQ in Detroit and expect them to send you the parts and a mechanic......you go to the ANY dealer and they fix it (doesn't have be the one you bought it from).

Once again… OVER 15 YEARS OLD. You can't even read the receipt. Which is why I contacted them to get some direction. But thanks for the smart a$$ response. 
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Tell me more about the rigorous maintenance schedule. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just call them. They don't answer emails. We can debate the finer points of that all day long but they will take care of you if you call. Any dealer should be able to help as well. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nice job joining the board and making friends. You're off to a nice start. Buckle up

Like mentioned above, you're local dealer can handle. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I was thinking troll account
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Dude you couldn't have posted this Friday night??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Robm24 said:
    Contact any dealer.......you need to take a picture, find the lot number stamped in the base if you can, & submit the receipt.  That's it.  BGE would have told you to do the same--that's what the dealership network is for.

When your new car breaks down, you don't call the HQ in Detroit and expect them to send you the parts and a mechanic......you go to the ANY dealer and they fix it (doesn't have be the one you bought it from).

Once again… OVER 15 YEARS OLD. You can't even read the receipt. Which is why I contacted them to get some direction. But thanks for the smart a$$ response. 
    How old the egg is is not relevant to the warranty, even if you type it in all caps. Being able to read the receipt is not relevant either. I lost my receipt years ago and local dealer took care of warranty issue (not dealer egg was purchased from). If the purchase is registered, they have records. The poster you claimed was being a s.a. was trying to help you and you get snarky for some reason. Confusing.
    If you are unhappy with BGE response and you don't want to go through a dealer, which would have already had this issue resolved, get proactive and get on the phone. Call them, email them, call then some more.
    Or come back here and complain some more. Good luck with whichever approach you choose.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Robm24 said:

Wait a minute, you have ONLY 2 posts here - you don't even know @stlcharcoal .. quite a few of us have interacted AND done business with him, he's one of the good guys here. That being said his comment is not *Smart *** ... it's true.

Now MY response ... it's *Smart A** ... oh, Happy Fathers Day!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Hard to believe someone has had an egg for 15 years and never posted here. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Well, now he needs something apparently, so forum to gripe.  FB better for griping.

Sad we didn't meet his expectations in the initial responses.  Doesn't someone has a spare base they can just ship him?
  • Beavercreek_Smoker
    Options
    I had a cracked fire ring. Called my place of purchase just to find out they no longer sell  them and couldn't help me. I was referred to another dealer and they took care of me with just a verbal of when I bought it and an emailed pic of the crack.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Robm24 said:
    I recently discovered a crack in my large BGE. It runs from the bottom vent under it almost to the center. I've had my BGE for over 15yrs and love it. I wrote BGE customer service and explained. That was almost a month ago. I have yet to get a single response. I have put a lot of time and money maintaining this BGE for many years and now I may lose it because of poor customer service.  I have turned several people on to The BGE over the years. I guess I expected to at least get a damn response! 

Let me add, I contacted BGE directly because the store I purchased from is no longer in business. 
    I am thinking if @Robm24 could have a "do over," this would be it.
    Find a dealer. It will be taken care of.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Two posts in and you're already calling the respected forum members smart asses. Don't expect any help at this point.  Have a good time trying to get your egg fixed. 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    My base cracked a couple years ago, egg was 10 years old and I could not find my receipt. The dealer I bought it from was out of business, called another local dealer told them what happened they asked for photo's, Friday of that week they called and said come pick up a new base...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    Robm24 said:
     I have put a lot of time and money maintaining this BGE for many years 
    Now I know what I've been doing wrong. 
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Thomasc18
    Thomasc18 Posts: 197
    Options
    I just have to laugh at this. 
    Madison, AL
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Must be slow(er) on the kj forum such that they have to troll us. 

Little Rock, AR

• SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    edited June 2017
    Options
    OhioEgger said:
    Robm24 said:
     I have put a lot of time and money maintaining this BGE for many years 
    Now I know what I've been doing wrong. 
    Me too. I've been squandering my time and maintenance money on Eggcessories.

Tip: make a copy of your receipt or better yet, take a photo of it with your cell phone.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Robm24 said:

I processed two cracked base warranties last month.........both 10+ yrs old, couldn't read the lot numbers, and only one had a receipt.  The other was from a closed dealer (no records), but I was easily able to get it approved when I explained the situation.  Both were approved and shipped to our warehouse within 48 hrs.  Pretty good customer/dealer service when you go through the right channels.

If you're in St. Louis, we can submit this for you and get it approved......or if you think it's a lost cause, then we can just sell you a new base for $475.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    I'm guessing the percentage of Egg owners that actually are aware of this forum is pretty small.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Man what a bunch of judgy people. Have a ltitle respect for this guy. He used caps and bold dang it. 

I'm disappointed in this crowd. 

#whereisBruce? 

:smiley:
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site