Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your BGE "unicorn"?

Options
I can't be the only one that's a sucker for anything BGE related.  I find myself constantly on the hunt for random BGE items.  Currently my "unicorn" is the small 6" BGE platter.  Or of course the obvious Blue Chiminea, or Egg.  But then again, I probably wouldn't want to pay up for the blue guys.  (I know my lovely wife would not) shh, don't tell her!!

So... what's your unicorn?  Or, what else should I be looking for? Ha!

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    The Blue BGE Chiminea is a mith...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Don't ask me. I haven't seen the inside of an egg dealership since 2009 when I bought the thing. Bought a platesetter, an ash tool, a CI grid and a pizza stone. That's it. And I haven't used the last two of those in at least a couple of years, maybe more.

While you're looking, don't forget the Kool Aid pitcher. :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,221
    Options
    miniMAXd said:
    I can't be the only one that's a sucker for anything BGE related.  I find myself constantly on the hunt for random BGE items.  Currently my "unicorn" is the small 6" BGE platter.  Or of course the obvious Blue Chiminea, or Egg.  But then again, I probably wouldn't want to pay up for the blue guys.  (I know my lovely wife would not) shh, don't tell her!!

That is a very cool BGE accessory collection!  I would like the 12' BGE blowup guy.  @Pgprescott has one he got from a member, who had since past on.  I would like BGE ambulance too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,927
    Options
    I know this is NOT what you were asking about - but some of my cherished BGE branded items - that I may NEVER even use - came from a dear sweet niece of mine who lives and teaches in Holland. While these objects can - or at least used to be available in the US these are special! Why? Well they were made in China for BGE in Atlanta where they were shipped and then re-shipped to Holland - where my niece bought them and returned them in her luggage for a special Christmas gift to me! 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Cool. I didn't know this stuff existed.  Hope you find what you're looking for.

Phoenix 
  • RRP
    Options
    miniMAXd said:

Oh boy...I have that 6" platter you are seeking. It was a thank you gift from the BGE dealer in 2006 in Oswego, IL for attending. However I honestly do use it daily and don't want to give it up. Sorry...
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @JRWhitee would just like a dome that stays in the bands!  Good times.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Not really a unicorn, but I would like one of these:

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    Options
    Then back several years ago corporate gave alway these Christmas ornaments to attendees at their Octoberfest. Shortly thereafter they offered them for free to anyone who was willing to pay the shipping cost. I bought 10 of them and over the years have given them as gifts. If you really want one I might still have one left. Email me if this interests you.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Found my Unicorn.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,370
    Options
    RRP said:
    I know this is NOT what you were asking about - but some of my cherished BGE branded items - that I may NEVER even use - came from a dear sweet niece of mine who lives and teaches in Holland. While these objects can - or at least used to be available in the US these are special! Why? Well they were made in China for BGE in Atlanta where they were shipped and then re-shipped to Holland - where my niece bought them and returned them in her luggage for a special Christmas gift to me! 

There is a new deck of those cards on ebay right now for just $11 if someone else wants to add to their BGE swag - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Green-Egg-Playing-Cards-Mr-EGGhead-Design-New-BGE-Accessories-Playing-Cards-/122143944780?hash=item1c7058b04c:g:HXsAAOSwCGVX4Y0s
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    Options

Two of those available on ebay right now for $22 apiece if anybody wants one - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Green-Egg-Wall-Mountable-Bottle-Opener-BGE-BGEBO-114822-/122452728495?hash=item1c82c05aaf:g:lU4AAOSwVm5Y9nVK

Those are kinda neat. If I had a wooden table I'd snag one real quick for myself.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Found my Unicorn.

I could have traded your dad! 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Found my Unicorn.

I could have traded your dad! 
    You have a set!  Dang.  He asked if I wanted the chopping block, but I said no.  Should have said yes, then traded!
  • camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Two of those available on ebay right now for $22 apiece if anybody wants one - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Green-Egg-Wall-Mountable-Bottle-Opener-BGE-BGEBO-114822-/122452728495?hash=item1c82c05aaf:g:lU4AAOSwVm5Y9nVK

Those are kinda neat. If I had a wooden table I'd snag one real quick for myself.
    Those are 9.99 each at my dealer.
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    I need one of those bottle openers
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Would love on of these. Not a unicorn but still nice. 
    McKinney, TX
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @Lmidkiff they had that clock at the mothership when I was there in August.  Thought about it for my patio, but already was spending a lot of money there and didn't pull the trigger.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• miniMAXd
    miniMAXd Posts: 22
    Options
    RRP said:
    Oh boy...I have that 6" platter you are seeking. It was a thank you gift from the BGE dealer in 2006 in Oswego, IL for attending. However I honestly do use it daily and don't want to give it up. Sorry...
    Super cool and probably one of the reasons I've had a difficult time tracking down the little guy.  I'm in Seattle and have a feeling not many wondered over to my neck of the woods.  Got any pictures? My local Eggfest had been a good source for my impulse novelty egg buys, but after 10 straight years they have decided to not have a fest this year.
  • RRP
    Options
    miniMAXd said:
    RRP said:
    Super cool and probably one of the reasons I've had a difficult time tracking down the little guy.  I'm in Seattle and have a feeling not many wondered over to my neck of the woods.  Got any pictures? My local Eggfest had been a good source for my impulse novelty egg buys, but after 10 straight years they have decided to not have a fest this year.
    Here you go...

• HeavyG
    Options
    camofreak said:
    HeavyG said:

Those are 9.99 each at my dealer.
    Ahhh....for some reason I had the impression that they were a rare, out of production item, kinda like the chiminea.

Hardly a "unicorn item" if one can just wander in to their dealer and pick one up.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lmidkiff said:
    Cool, what's the price on that bad boy?
    One of the local bars has an LED Revolution Brew sign I want so damn bad, my favorite beers in the Shy, if not period.  Found it at $300 or so on fleabay.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,080
    Options
    Could also be some kind of exercise equipment.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I would like a dome that stays aligned and internal parts that don't crack. 

Ditto!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Lmidkiff said:
    One of the local bars has an LED Revolution Brew sign I want so damn bad, my favorite beers in the Shy, if not period.  Found it at $300 or so on fleabay.
    $125

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Focker said:
    Lmidkiff said:
    $125

I like the table in the middle back right of your picture.