Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dos Huevos Grande!!

Options
They are both Green...I may need to see a Dr about that. It took 15 months of wearing my dad down, but I finally convinced him his brand new Egg sitting in his garage would be happier (and actually used) at my house. Seriously. Just sat for 15 months. 

Table is probably a month out from being built. 

And before one of yall starts smarting off about having @RRP money, I'll have you know I didn't pay for either of them. (Yeah, I heard you mutter lucky SOB) Sometimes it pays to know people with $$$ that like to drink at fundraising auctions. 

(Just messing with ya Ron, my other Rutland is going on the new one tomorrow)

Its almost a shame to get her all dirty. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,823
    Options
    Nice
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    I got my large from my dad too. His store was discontinuing their dealership and had it on his floor (demo). Pretty great college graduation present!
    Las Vegas, NV

• PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• TN_Sister_State
    Options
    Dammit man! 

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    Lucky Ba$$$$tard!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    lucky GIF
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Welcome to the club!!!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Image result for nice gif
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Score!  Congrats!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,990
    Options
    You are now elevated to procurement officer for the forum. Your negotiating skills have not gone unnoticed.
    Your first order of the day is getting me an SRF gold brisket, 17-20 pounds, for free. Otherwise if you can't then we will recognize that you are a very fortunate individual.
    Great score dude, you will enjoy both of them.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,325
    Options
    Is he going to take weekly payments in pulled pork?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,513
    Options
    The tops don't match, so I'm Offended!  

Seriousry, nice score, and anxious to see your new double-barrel table!  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice brother!  What's in the small glass?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @TN_Sister_State you're like 15 minutes away if you ever need to borrow some space. 

@botch I got my shipping notification from the Ceramic Store today. New goodies on the way (lesson learned. Nothing is free.)

@YukonRon I need me a Procurement Seal of Approval. You should have seen me when I was an XO in the military. I "found" an Armored Personnel Carrier one day. I repurposed more equipment than a stage hand at Woodstock. I'll put the brisket on the list!

@bgebrent a little Basil Hayden's (full disclosure...I "repurposed" it as well. One should not go to D.C. and expect his bourbon to be fully stocked after moving their stuff for 2 days)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    lucky GIF
    Amen!!

South of Nashville, TN

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    That's awesome. Congrats. Not sure of what kind of table you had in mind, but you may want to check out Brian Alan Tables. They are pricey, but top quality and they will build to your specs. Check out the link in my signature to my table that I had them build.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    That's awesome. Congrats. Not sure of what kind of table you had in mind, but you may want to check out Brian Alan Tables. They are pricey, but top quality and they will build to your specs. Check out the link in my signature to my table that I had them build.
    Great looking table but shouldn't you be worrying about how the Jets are gonna mess up tonight rather than being on here????
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

Had to get an inaugural burn eventually. Been out of town.

figured I would use it as an excuse to go sit outside all night for no reason.

New PSWoo and Kick Ash needed a burn to get that funk off of it anyways.  

South of Nashville, TN

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    So....after basically 15 months of holding your old man captive with regular waterboarding sessions you were able to procure his like new Egg. Who needs @RRP money when alternative money saving tactics are so effective :wink:
    Enjoy your egg. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL