Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pocket Cleaver give-away.

Options
gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
I have been making knives. I have a lot of knives now. 

So I am doing a give-a-way. The pocket cleaver below that I am making is going to be given away to the person that you all vote on as the most helpful, the most willing to assist, the person that this forum couldn't live without. 
So please vote below.

I will continue to add pictures as I finish the knife and I have to sew a sheath before I pass it along. 

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

In the most helpful way possible, allow me to bump this thread.

Seriously, nice of you to do this.  There are many I'd nominate from the forum.

Phoenix 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited April 2017
    Options
    gmac said:
    I have been making knives. I have a lot of knives now. 

So I am doing a give-a-way. The pocket cleaver below that I am making is going to be given away to the person that you all vote on as the most helpful, the most willing to assist, the person that this forum couldn't live without. 
    So please vote below.

I will continue to add pictures as I finish the knife and I have to sew a sheath before I pass it along. 

. . .
    Most helpful, most willing to assist?

SGH, hands down.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Wow!  That would be nice, however I'm not even remotly in the running.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• gmac
    Options
    So that's one for @SGH. Sorry the picture is so bad. I was worried Coleman would sue me but since it's upside down. 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Congrats to @SGH Scottie!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

SGH comes quickly to my mind.  He puts a lot of time into his answers. 

I think this forum is amazing though.  Despite all the banter, there are scores of members who will go out of their way to help.  So kudos to most.

Phoenix 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    And another vote for @SGH
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @RRP -  Is @SGH buying votes with your $$?  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    This is most definitely an unfair question. I think you should pass out about 20 of them  =)  There are a lot of people here that are always eager to help. Trying to only select one just is not possible in my eyes. But whoever the winner is will have a sweet knife if it looks anything like your past products. 
    Snellville, GA

• gmac
    Options
    Yeah. Not doing 20. But I get your point. 
  • gmac
    Options
    Ok. I'm voting @cazzy
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Great idea!  My vote is @tarheelmatt .
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    gmac said:
    Ok. I'm voting @cazzy
    Well If it doesn't have to be someone active I would say Stike and his many names has offered as much or more than anyone I know of over the many years there has been an egg forum. If you look back through the years of posts he has offered a lot. Mostly the same questions over and over again.

Snellville, GA

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Thank you fellows. It means a lot to me to be considered helpful. However on that note, I have not been very helpful the past few months due to work. But with a little luck, I hope to be back in full force over the summer. Again, thanks for the very kind and thoughtful words my friends.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I put in another vote for SGH. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Has to be Scottie if we are using current contributors. 

Agree on the stike thing. He did it for years before the forum  blew up. He must have answered "help my fire went out is this safe to eat"????? Like 400 times. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    @lousubcap has my vote. @The Cen-Tex Smoker would be my second. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    Options
    With the benefit of a late night and cruising around in LEO (waiting to land a brisket) I would offer that anyone here who answers a question is trying to help in the best way they can.  The more run-time you have with Q rigs including the BGE, the more experience you have acquired at how not to do things as well as how to do it right.  Remember, "judgement comes from experience, experience comes from poor judgement."
    I can't recall a responder intentionally steering someone down a dirt-road with a cooking question.
    Appreciate the acknowledgement about trying to help but all the folks here do that in one way or another.  (Politics excepted... =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I can't recall a responder intentionally steering someone down a dirt-road with a cooking question.
    Appreciate the acknowledgement about trying to help but all the folks here do that in one way or another.  (Politics excepted... =)
    Who's keeping track, but I did see one video on here about how to slice a brisket that could lead someone astray and maybe another thread about brisket prep and how somebody does it that might not be the right method for everyone. (-:

All kidding aside. This forum is awesome. Thanks to the many who are so generous with their time, knowledge and experience.
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Must have blocked out the rogue posts but there are some for sure.  Hopefully at the end of day they are seen for what they are.  In the context of a serious question I think they are in the great minority.  
  • the_crease
    the_crease Posts: 132
    Options
    @lousubcap gets my vote.  Brisket and beef rib expert.  As well as one of the first to welcome new members to the forum. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @nolaegghead  The guy hosts Brisket Camp each year out of his pocket. Without the concept and success there likely wouldn't have been a Butt Blast either.  He always is willing to help someone on the forum and has done so for many years regardless of the topic. A modern day Davinci if you will. He's been helping others long before many of us were on here. He's Mr. New Orleans and he opens his home to fellow eggheads. Who else around here gets his own grassroots movement? #freenola 

• gmac
    Options
    I'm almost starting to feel guilty for suggesting just one. Everyone is right, there are so many. But I couldn't think of another criteria so I'm sticking to it. Other option would be to put all the nominations in a hat and draw one if folks think that would be fairer.

I'm surprised no one has suggested The Buffalo yet. What would this place be like without him or her.
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    I haven't come across any a$$holes in here. Everyone has different opinions, especially when it comes to politics, but no one has been an outright jerk. 
    Everyone is here for a good cook or a good laugh (mostly due to a smartazz comment). 
    Too many good people to only put one name out there. 
    Thank you for passing on your kindness. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    My vote goes to Focker.  The one person, this forum couldn't live without.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• gmac
    Options
    Hmmm. Not sure about that one. 

Here's where we are now. Decided to do a forced patina so I'm playing around with some phosphoric acid right now with some test pieces. 
    Because I'm gonna patina I'm not gonna sweat hand sanding this to 400. This is at 150 on the flats and that likely enough for what I'm doing. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Nice looking piece and nice gesture.  I say send it to Lou (or whatever his real name is) for his service and his ongoing helpfulness.

or Travis.  No telling how many have been helped by that boiled brisket thread.