Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kobe Top Sirloin

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357
I've been working in Naples, FL lately and found a great place called Jimmy P's butcher shop that had some (as in 3) great looking ribeye caps on Wednesday.   So being the nice guy that I am I says to myself, "Self, your gonna be by here again tomorrow, sos just get 'em den!"   Unfortunately I went by on a Thursday, and they were out.   Damn!!!
As a consolation, I picked up a nice looking top sirloin.  No before pics, but I hope the afters look good enough for ya.  
Thanks for looking!!!

=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I'd crush that man!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    Options
    That looks amazing. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

you killed it

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Yes sir... I would!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,367
    Options
    We vacation in Naples quite a bit. Jimmy p's is a great place. My brother just ate a Waygu A5 strip loin from there last night (says it was insanely good).   Make sure you try the Berkshire pork chops, they are fantastic!  I will be buying meat at Jimmy P's next week!
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,850
    Options
    Wow.  I know I'm in the minority, but I'd take that over a ribeye every day.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dbennett561
    Options
    Jimmy P's is great- and so is the cook on that steak. Nice work

Tampa, FL
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Count me in on that minority. The only way the hubby will eat meat medium rare is if there is very limited fat. Those meet that-and then some! Look great!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • thetrim
    Options
    GlennM said:
    We vacation in Naples quite a bit. Jimmy p's is a great place. My brother just ate a Waygu A5 strip loin from there last night (says it was insanely good).   Make sure you try the Berkshire pork chops, they are fantastic!  I will be buying meat at Jimmy P's next week!
    Wow!  I think that's the $99/lb cut????   It looks amazing!   They did have rib eye cap today, so I bought two and will posting some questions about it tonight looking for feedback prior to a possible cook tomorrow night.   
    I also have a Berkshire Pork belly from them, but I haven't been able to cook that yet.  
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Foghorn said:
    Thanks, Fog!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice audible and rebound.  That is excellent execution right there.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    Beautiful cook.
    If I could ask, how does Kobe Sirloin compare to something like a prime ribeye? does it cost more per pound than the prime ribeye? 
    If it does cost more than the prime ribeye, does it taste better?

Thanks
    Greg
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,367
    Options
    thetrim said:
    GlennM said:
    Wow!  I think that's the $99/lb cut????   It looks amazing!   They did have rib eye cap today, so I bought two and will posting some questions about it tonight looking for feedback prior to a possible cook tomorrow night.   
    I also have a Berkshire Pork belly from them, but I haven't been able to cook that yet.  
    Make sure you try the Berkshire chops,  they are really special!  I get them quite often and they are extremely tender and moist!  Here is a pick of that strip

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    That looks great man. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• thetrim
    edited March 2017
    Options
    GregW said:
    Beautiful cook.
    If I could ask, how does Kobe Sirloin compare to something like a prime ribeye? does it cost more per pound than the prime ribeye? 
    If it does cost more than the prime ribeye, does it taste better?

Thanks
    Greg
    It was $14.99/lb which I didn't think was that bad.    I'd guess it was a little less than two lbs.  I think if you're a ribeye superfan this wouldn't be better than that but this was really good.  

I SV'd this at 130 for four hours then finished on a smokin hot Minimax for 75 seconds on each of the four sides
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95