Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: any TWD fans?

Options
2»

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    This season so far has been a letdown. Not even excited to see the show on Sundays. 
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    Been a loyal fan since season 1.

The game of thrones bs.  Darryl in solitary for two episodes.  Carol's outpost.  Now this up up up weird group walk around bs...it's been weak since Negan turned Glenn into Sloth.

TWD has run its course.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    This season so far has been a letdown. Not even excited to see the show on Sundays. 
    That's too bad.  I still enjoy it.  At times it's slow, but that usually indicates it's building up to something.  I think this season's denouement could be pretty special, we'll see.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    That's too bad.  I still enjoy it.  At times it's slow, but that usually indicates it's building up to something.  I think this season's denouement could be pretty special, we'll see.  
    I'm hoping it pulls together like "better call Saul", but so far it's a snoozer. These stupid story lines with a guy with a tiger and zombie like up up up people is too much for rational people. Who the hell would keep a tiger when food is a premium???
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,351
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Agreed. They're setting the table for the inevitable battle royale.

One of the things about the show that continues to bother me - Jadis mentions that they are having more difficulty finding stuff and that often when they do find canned food they open it and find it rotten. Fair enough, but if the show is now at a point where canned goods are reaching the end of their shelf life and are becoming putrid how are folks still finding usable gasoline???

Also, have they used up the last bottle of shampoo? Because last nights episode clearly showed that Daryl still could really use a good lather, rinse repeat.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bigalsworth
    Options
    I was hoping Carol was going to come out of retirement, but maybe they will save that for the end.  She's the MVP when it comes to slaughtering humans imho.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    The first half had my attention. 

The past two episodes makes me feel like we are two seasons from Rick fighting underground warlocks with zombie crystals. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bigalsworth
    Options
    I also think the action is going to ramp up here, they are just setting the pieces.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Isn't it funny that the same abbreviation mean different things to different people?  I'm not a zombie fan, but I am a real estate appraiser.   To me, TWD means "treated wood deck".

Edit:  Sorry for the interuption. 
    I thought 2 wheel drive. Wondered why anyone would start a thread about that. Now I know. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Focker said:
    Toxarch said:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    Been a loyal fan since season 1.

The game of thrones bs.  Darryl in solitary for two episodes.  Carol's outpost.  Now this up up up weird group walk around bs...it's been weak since Negan turned Glenn into Sloth.

TWD has run its course.
    It ran it's course for me after 2 episodes in Season 2. Loved the first season, was "meh" about S2E1, then "I guess I'll just DVR the rest for another time" after S2E2. Never picked it back up.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    pgprescott said:

Who the hell would keep a tiger when food is a premium???
    Hmmmm.... good point!

Options
    paqman said:
    pgprescott said:

Who the hell would keep a tiger when food is a premium???
    Hmmmm.... good point!
    That thing would be Jerky!
  • Focker
    Options
    Watched Shane in Fury last night, good flick.

Loved the Governor seasons too.  After that showdown at the prison, it has been a steady decline.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Toxarch said:

One of the things about the show that continues to bother me - Jadis mentions that they are having more difficulty finding stuff and that often when they do find canned food they open it and find it rotten. Fair enough, but if the show is now at a point where canned goods are reaching the end of their shelf life and are becoming putrid how are folks still finding usable gasoline???

Also, have they used up the last bottle of shampoo? Because last nights episode clearly showed that Daryl still could really use a good lather, rinse repeat.
    LOL.  The show roughly tracks the graphic novels.  There's obviously a fantasy element to all of it that isn't scientifically or logically consistent.  These kinds of things can be fun to identify, but I'm not looking for perfection there.  

Fundamentally to me the series is interesting because it's an examination of moral decay and how people behave in groups in extreme situations (answer: pretty badly!)  
  • bigalsworth
    Options
    Focker said:

Loved the Governor seasons too.  After that showdown at the prison, it has been a steady decline.
    Really?  The governor went on waaaaaay to long.  The season after that was 10 times better.  This season feels like the governor has come back, it is dragging on just like he did.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• Focker
    Options
    Focker said:

Really?  The governor went on waaaaaay to long.  The season after that was 10 times better.  This season feels like the governor has come back, it is dragging on just like he did.
    I liked him as an actor.  Earl too.
    The Shane bangin' Rick's wife stuff was epic.

Darryl is by far, my favorite out of the whole bunch.  Pretty much the reason I stay tuned.

The characters jumping on last few seasons are lame, aside from Negan.

The writing is even worse.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    I really liked SOA.  Bummed when that show ended.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I really liked SOA.  Bummed when that show ended.
    That was a great show.  Breaking Bad is still my favorite tho
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Yeah, there's a build-up. They go the whole season dragging us along till the final episode where they fight or something and then leave us with a cliff hanger so we'll come back next season. They claim this season is a reboot of the show and writing. If this were the first season of the show, I'd have already deleted it from the DVR list.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    One of the writers for the show stayed in our home over the Christmas holidays, while visiting her parents. We were in Ireland at the time, and her parents are good friends of ours.
    I have never seen the show, however, our children will not miss it for anything.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Toxarch said:

LOL.  The show roughly tracks the graphic novels.  There's obviously a fantasy element to all of it that isn't scientifically or logically consistent.  These kinds of things can be fun to identify, but I'm not looking for perfection there.  

Fundamentally to me the series is interesting because it's an examination of moral decay and how people behave in groups in extreme situations (answer: pretty badly!)  
    please dont ruin this show for me wit the freud stuff =)

Image result for trump zombie
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    edited February 2017
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Toxarch said:

=)=) ZOMG ZOMBIES!!!! =)=)

Better?  :)
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Toxarch said:

=)=) ZOMG ZOMBIES!!!! =)=)

Better?  :)
    mucho =) now if we could get that zombie wall built before they start immigrating
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    I've never seen the show as I don't get the whole zombie thing but I thought this was cool.

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    Some of my trucker buddies hated this scene.  They are mad its not a reefer truck and that its too long....  They say trailers in that day were 48 footers, not the 53 or 60 that is pictured.  Also, they are complaining about the skirting on the bottom.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Some of my trucker buddies hated this scene.  They are mad its not a reefer truck and that its too long....  They say trailers in that day were 48 footers, not the 53 or 60 that is pictured.  Also, they are complaining about the skirting on the bottom.
    I think maybe your buddies are taking this show a weeeee bit too seriously lol
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    I think maybe your buddies are taking this show a weeeee bit too seriously lol
    Haha!  I remember when a commercial showed a Kamado for like 12 frames.  This forum picked it apart to identify every last detail of it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin