Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday.....yaaaawnnnnn

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    Everybody knows that is not Jessie Jackson. He played baseball.
    The only thing that he ever played was a lot of people for a fool. 
    Very deep insight there, Scottie.  Thank you, that made me re-think everything I thought I knew.
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    Played a lot of fools for people.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    KennyLee said:
    Dems are really good actors. They placed Trump on the ballot.  He is in cahots with the Clintons.  You wait and see.
    His cabinet damn sure doesn't look like that's the case. 
    At least he doesn't have someone from championship wrestling in his cabinet.

Or a more ineffectual version of Herman Munster. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    edited December 2016
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    Very deep insight there, Scottie.  Thank you, that made me re-think everything I thought I knew.
    Easy on "The Man".  He just turned 89 yesterday.  He is still upset Orval Faubus didn't succeed.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Any of you mensa rocket scientists want to explain to me how outside of Trump's "make america great" motto and your hatred for "the b!tch", there's any substance to our president elect?  (hint: no deflections)
    Options
    I wish I could click "like" and "agree" both.
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The guys a freaking bafoon but not a political insider and a pretty fair businessman so I'm willing to give him a chance. About time someone broke the status quo cause sh!t was gonna get better on its own. Both parties have been playing all of us for fools as long as I can remember.......which isnt that long considering how many memory pathways I've clogged  with malted hops and bong resin. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    The guys a freaking bafoon but not a political insider and a pretty fair businessman so I'm willing to give him a chance. About time someone broke the status quo cause sh!t was gonna get better on its own. 
    Are you talking about Jessie Jackson? Mr. October?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Any of you mensa rocket scientists want to explain to me how outside of Trump's "make america great" motto and your hatred for "the b!tch", there's any substance to our president elect?  (hint: no deflections)
    My 401k would disagree with you, but it has not been approved by the admins yet.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The guys a freaking bafoon but not a political insider and a pretty fair businessman so I'm willing to give him a chance. About time someone broke the status quo cause sh!t was gonna get better on its own. 
    Are you talking about Jessie Jackson? Mr. October?

Jesse is a race pimp. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I agree, just like the conclave at the Vatican should have given an outsider like Christopher Hitchens or some atheist a shot, break the status quo and all that.  Or CERN, it may be better lead by someone with an English Literature degree.
    Options
    I agree, just like the conclave at the Vatican should have given an outsider like Christopher Hitchens or some atheist a shot, break the status quo and all that.  Or CERN, it may be better lead by someone with an English Literature degree.
    Please, that is a false flag argument.  People and politics are not science with governing unbreakable laws.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    My 401k would disagree with you, but it has not been approved by the admins yet.
    I'm sorry, I must be confused. 
    Options
    Please, that is a false flag argument.  People and politics are not science with governing unbreakable laws.
    Your argument against my argument is a classic case of straw-drink fallicy.
    Options
    Notice I spelled fallicy correctly.
    edited December 2016
    Options

I will....and it has nothing to do with mottos or campaign rhetoric, which I largely don't buy into anyway.

The middle class has been getting its collective ass kicked in this country for decades, and not just from Obama & Co.  He's just the latest, but not the only.  Many in the GOP were just as to blame, including the predecessor, although sometimes for different reasons.  It's just become more and more evident over the last couple of terms and the folks finally had enough.  The culprit and root of the problem is the career politician who has never done anything outside of campaigning or holding political office.

Trump is the ultimate outsider, a businessman, understands economics not in the theoretical world, but the real world.  He understands what drives the economy and ultimately brings about prosperity.  Things like incentivizing businesses and corporations to come here instead of leave (leaving out specifics 'cause they're insinuated and fairly obvious), putting more money in the pockets of the people instead of dreaming up more schemes to take it away.

My thoughts are his strengths are largely economic in nature and is what will work best for him and is also why he got elected.  Of course the left was going to fight him, but when the GOP fat cats turned on him, THAT's when I knew he was on to something.  The Hillary hate was always there, but that was a given and really secondary.   

And I didn't even vote for him in the primary, but looking back, think he may very well be the best choice.     

LBGE

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I think you mean phallusee
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I'm drunk. I can't read all those words. My notifications rock!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    The guys a freaking bafoon but not a political insider and a pretty fair businessman so I'm willing to give him a chance. About time someone broke the status quo cause sh!t was gonna get better on its own. Both parties have been playing all of us for fools as long as I can remember.......which isnt that long considering how many memory pathways I've clogged  with malted hops and bong resin. 
    I see you've thought this through quite thoroughly.  What could possibly go wrong with international diplomacy, or trade? 

I love the argument (you did not use it though) that accuses Dems for Trump's win because they did not have a good enough candidate.  Good to have a fallback position in case something (unlikely, right?) goes wrong.
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm sorry, I must be confused. 
    My 401k applied for forum membership, but its request has not been approved.  When it is approved it will show you Trump is making America great.

Come on man, talking 401k 's is funny ****.  Because companies are people.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    KennyLee said:

I will....and it has nothing to do with mottos or campaign rhetoric, which I largely don't buy into anyway.

The middle class has been getting its collective ass kicked in this country for decades, and not just from Obama & Co.  He's just the latest, but not the only.  Many in the GOP were just as to blame, including the predecessor, although sometimes for different reasons.  It's just become more and more evident over the last couple of terms and the folks finally had enough.  The culprit and root of the problem is the career politician who has never done anything outside of campaigning or holding political office.

Trump is the ultimate outsider, a businessman, understands economics not in the theoretical world, but the real world.  He understands what drives the economy and ultimately brings about prosperity.  Things like incentivizing businesses and corporations to come here instead of leave (leaving out specifics 'cause they're insinuated and fairly obvious), putting more money in the pockets of the people instead of dreaming up more schemes to take it away.

My thoughts are his strengths are largely economic in nature and is what will work best for him and is also why he got elected.  Of course the left was going to fight him, but when the GOP fat cats turned on him, THAT's when I knew he was on to something.  The Hillary hate was always there, but that was a given and really secondary.   

And I didn't even vote for him in the primary, but looking back, think he may very well be the best choice.     

I can see you're buying what he's selling, but take anything specific that he wants to do and let's talk about that.  You call it.
    Options
    I think you mean phallusee
    Sir, I'm sorry I forgot the hyphen.   "Straw-Drink Fall-icy"   Noun verb verb-icy
    Options
    I see you've thought this through quite thoroughly.  What could possibly go wrong with international diplomacy, or trade? 

I love the argument (you did not use it though) that accuses Dems for Trump's win because they did not have a good enough candidate.  Good to have a fallback position in case something (unlikely, right?) goes wrong.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    KennyLee said:

I can see you're buying what he's selling, but take anything specific that he wants to do and let's talk about that.  You call it.
    Not sure how long I'll be up.  But abolishing the death tax.

LBGE

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I hope no one is getting upset here.  I harbor no ill feelings and this is just fun for me, and hopefully for all.  If anyone does take anything here personally, I'd like to Canadian-up and apologize for any perceived rudeness on my part.  Except for Canadians, obviously.  We're talking American here.
    Options
    KennyLee said:
    KennyLee said:

Good show.  This impacts about 0.2% of Americans as the exemption is over 5 million dollars, doesn't apply to spouses, and is increased to over 10 million dollars with a couple dying and someone inheriting this. 

Obviously you're a very lucky person. 
    Options
    And now your turn.
    Options
    Anything, anybody.  I don't disagree with everything Trump wants to do, just the stupid stuff, which sadly is in the majority in terms of widely held pedagogic opinion and hundreds of years of scientific study.  Sh!t sounds good though.  Build a wall.  Fvck yeah! 
    Options
    KennyLee said:
    KennyLee said:

Good show.  This impacts about 0.2% of Americans as the exemption is over 5 million dollars, doesn't apply to spouses, and is increased to over 10 million dollars with a couple dying and someone inheriting this. 

Obviously you're a very lucky person. 

Nice try.  Doesn't affect me in the least, wish it did.  But has crushed many family businesses, mainly in agriculture over the decades.  Of course I think that was the plan from the beginning.

Lowering the corporate tax rate from a planet-high 35% (I'd say solar system-high, but couldn't do it with ultimate confidence) to 15%.  In addition offering a one-time 10% repatriation tax on trillions (2-6 depending on who you listen to) sitting offshore/overseas and bringing it back to the States. 

LBGE