Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Drum Stick Suggestions Please

Options
Drum sticks were on sale and I figured I'd give them a try.  How do you guys and girls Egg your drum sticks?

Comments

• EggMcMic
    EggMcMic Posts: 340
    Options
    I like raised direct until done, then a quick dunk in some Alabama White Sauce to finish them up.
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • Little Steven
    Options
    The are really good tossed in a hot rub with some cornstarch mixed in and  hung on one of those racks. Hot indirect or raised grid.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• reload
    reload Posts: 267
    Options
    EggMcMic said:
    I like raised direct until done, then a quick dunk in some Alabama White Sauce to finish them up.
    I'm gonna have to try some Alabama White Sauce.  Sounds delicious.
  • reload
    reload Posts: 267
    Options

The are really good tossed in a hot rub with some cornstarch mixed in and  hung on one of those racks. Hot indirect or raised grid.  Thanks for the suggestion.   I think this is what I'm gonna try tonight! 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    I've done them lollipop style, little more prep but it's worth it for something different.  Cook as others indicate, sauce as you see fit. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Most of the time I just cook them like wings, usually a package or two with wings.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'll let 'em sit in my fridge for a day or two, I throw on some Florida Everglades Chicken Rub for a few hours before throwing them on the egg.  I'll throw 'em on the egg, let 'em sit for 30-45 mins, flip, then add my favorite sauce cut with some apple or red wine vinegar, let 'em sit for 30-45 mins, give 'em the sauce vinegar combo, let 'em go for another 30-45, then pull 'em off
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Egg wash, flour, deep fry? 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Just like so.......

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Damn Trey.....you are killin it. What a great picture.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I cook them raised direct then toss them in tequila lime chipotle wing sauce. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    400/425 direct raised. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I use a lime and salt marinade for about an hour, remove from bag, pat dry, then dip them in a pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce to grill. Pull at 165F IT.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky