Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Had to do it... the XXL!

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Great pickup.  We'll need to see pics of just how many racks of ribs it will hold.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Damn, I'm sad to hear about Offenbachers. I'll need to swing by Rockville or Columbia.
  • CMH88
    CMH88 Posts: 40
    Options
    735 for the XL without the fire ring if anyone was interested. 
  • CMH88 said:
    735 for the XL without the fire ring if anyone was interested. 
    Thanks for the follow-up, @CMH88 .  @Firemanyz was interested in the table - was that still there and being sold as a set with the XL?
    Low Country EggHead
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Large BGE (2016-05) & XXL BGE (2016-11)

• tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    That thing is so massive!!!  Look how small the hole looks!  

And this is NOT quoting a conversation between my wife and I. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • That thing is so massive!!!  Look how small the hole looks!  

And this is NOT quoting a conversation between my wife and I. 
    HA! Giggity.
    Low Country EggHead

• Firemanyz
    Options
    @CMH88 was that the price for the table and XL egg?  If so I may need to call them and give them my credit card info. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Awesome! To do it justice, the maiden cook should be a 200 lb whole pig  =)
    canuckland
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I think you're the first on the forum I've seen with this one - awaiting your first whole hog thread :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • prtsman133
    Options
    So jealous. Have fun with that big hawg!

1 XL Big Green Egg with the adjustable rig, One Mini Max and 1 Kamado Joe Classic.

Luttrell TN

• tikigriller
    Options
    I wonder how much center cut lump that puppy would go through!?!!!!  Might be a FOGO only egg!  :lol:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • CMH88
    CMH88 Posts: 40
    Options
    Firemanyz said:
    @CMH88 was that the price for the table and XL egg?  If so I may need to call them and give them my credit card info. 
    No, they must have sold the table by itself. It was just sitting on the ground without a nest. Hell if it did i probably would have bought it myself. 
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    I wonder how much center cut lump that puppy would go through!?!!!!  Might be a FOGO only egg!  :lol:

Just a hunch, but it will take a bunch of lump whether it's center cut or not. Have 28 cooks on my first box of center cut, and still some in the box.
  • I wonder how much center cut lump that puppy would go through!?!!!!  Might be a FOGO only egg!  :lol:
    It can easily hold a full bag of Fogo - which is what I use.  I wonder if they offer a bulk order discount?  Need to check into that.

Been breaking it in over the last two days with ribs yesterday and a pork shoulder today (family beginning to trickle in tonight since we're hosting tomorrow so pulled pork sounded fitting).  Got a 27 pound turkey that will go on later tonight... and I have no concerns about the bird fitting.

A little after the turkey goes on... going to fire up the LBGE and start making a bacon and cheddar cheese tart for a 'healthy' breakfast option (http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1195935/potato-bacon-cheese-tart-had-to-make-it#latest).
    Low Country EggHead

• tikigriller
    Options
    That's it. I am not going to buy another Egg until I can afford to add the XL to my L. I have such XL envy its giving me cotton mouth. 

Livermore, California
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    It's just so absurd, I'm not sure which is bigger... my grin or the XXL!  (Photo by a neighbor and fellow EggHead).
    You could put a girl in the egg and she could jump out like a birthday cake
  • Little Steven
    Options
    You are my hero!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Dude, you are killing me here. That's awesome! 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    You could put a girl in the egg and she could jump out like a birthday cake

@DoubleEgger   It's an XXL.  You don't buy one of those just to have one girl jump out.  That is definitely a two girl egg.

Phoenix 
  • Budaman5000
    Options
    Oh my.... congrats  that's a nice duel setup....

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I concur with the two girl perspective!
    Nicely done Brothaman!
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Or this could jump out of your egg!

XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • Paul B.
    Options
    Good for you!!!  Tear it up... You are obviously a selfless guy!  Being good to your neighbors should be on everyone's list.  Free unbiased opinions!  Can't beat that   :))
  • Chillin@5
    Options
    That XXL is so cool in concept. Your neighbors have to just love you. 
    1 XL , 1 LBGE , 1MM a very tolerant hubby and 2 hungry teenage boys with a lot of friends. I Love playin' with charcoal and sippin' Bourbon in Fenton, MI. Live Large!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It's just so absurd, I'm not sure which is bigger... my grin or the XXL!  (Photo by a neighbor and fellow EggHead).
    Awesome brother. I want one myself.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @SGH -  If I had your money I would one for me, one for you and one for Ron  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @SGH -  If I had your money I would one for me, one for you and one for Ron  ;)
    Hang in there brother Cap. Once Trump takes the helm I may buy you and me both one :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Hope you try some FOGO (no affiliation other than using it and finding they have the largest lump out there)....
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• J-dubya
    J-dubya Posts: 173
    Options
    Thing is a beast, can't even imagine the heat it would give off if you loaded it up and let it burn wide open.