Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The San Juan Islands....celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary......long (Picture heavy)

Options
2»

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Looks like a fine time, I sometimes forget what is in my own backyard....La Conner is a nice little spot, as is Coupeville further down the island. (Like the Hogs - nothing wrong with a motor designed in the 20th Century)

EDIT - BTW, happy 30th!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing.  I grew up in Seattle and spent my summers on Orcas Island on property we had near Dear Harbor.  In school I was a camp counselor at Camp Moran.  In College I camped, biked and wind surfed all over the islands.  My father's ashes were laid in the waters off of Orcas.  After college I spent several vacations near Dear Harbor. 

Now, I am far away, but it remains one of my favorite places on earth.  Love the San Juan Islands!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    stevez said:
    Beautiful pictures and thanks for sharing.  Really enjoyed them.  We were close by as I understand it.  Went on an Alaskan cruise and spent last night in Victoria British Columbia.  That city was gorgeous and the SJ islands were right across the bay. 
    Beautiful part of the country. Enjoy the rest of your trip.KiterTodd said:
    What a great trip!  Thanks for sharing the cooks and the adventure!
    You are welcome......and thanks for looking and commenting.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Looks like a fine time, I sometimes forget what is in my own backyard....La Conner is a nice little spot, as is Coupeville further down the island. (Like the Hogs - nothing wrong with a motor designed in the 20th Century)

EDIT - BTW, happy 30th!
    Skid.....Thanks for the well wishes. I am ashamed to admit that it has been many a year since I have visited some of South Carolina's beauty along our coast. We need to both get out in our own backyards an explore. Thanks for commenting and the reminder to spend some time exploring locally.

• northGAcock
    Options
    smbishop said:
    Thank you so much for sharing.  I grew up in Seattle and spent my summers on Orcas Island on property we had near Dear Harbor.  In school I was a camp counselor at Camp Moran.  In College I camped, biked and wind surfed all over the islands.  My father's ashes were laid in the waters off of Orcas.  After college I spent several vacations near Dear Harbor. 

Now, I am far away, but it remains one of my favorite places on earth.  Love the San Juan Islands!
    Wow.....I appreciate your sharing your past memories. Orcas is one of the islands we did not explore....but will be high on the list of my next trip. Hope you get back soon.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Thanks for posting Robin - that trip looks amazing, and something I could really get into myself.  Congrats to you and your lovely wife.

Phoenix 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    blasting said:

Thanks for posting Robin - that trip looks amazing, and something I could really get into myself.  Congrats to you and your lovely wife.

Thanks blasting.....the trip is highly recommended....especially coming from desert country. Lots of water and beauty. Don't get me wrong....I love the desert too. 

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The craziest part of this story is another SRF customer celebrated his wedding anny the same way!

http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/recipes/grilling-at-sea/

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    The craziest part of this story is another STF customer celebrated his wedding anny the same way!

Nope, that's our very own @northGAcock.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    DMW said:
    BYS1981 said:
    The craziest part of this story is another STF customer celebrated his wedding anny the same way!

Nope, that's our very own @northGAcock.
    Yep, that's the hippy alright. 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Note: that was sarcasm.  =)

@DMW
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Note: that was sarcasm.  =)

@DMW
    You didn't use the sarcasm font
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Glad this got bumped. What an awesome trip!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle