Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Goat slaughter and Hog castration. Your thoughts Mr. Buffalo?

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
edited September 2016 in EggHead Forum
Dear Mr. @The_Buffalo, question for you sir. Recently I slaughtered a buckling and four wether goats. This weekend I'm castrating a few hogs as well. May I post this? I posted a Hog slaughter previously that got buffaloed pretty quick. I don't want to waste the time typing it up and uploading the pics if it's going to get struck by you or one of your kind. 
For the record, I understand that this is a BGE cooking forum first and foremost. However there are many folks on the forum who would really enjoy seeing a gonadectomy performed live. As well as the slaughter and breaking of the goats. 
I humbly and patiently await you answer brother buffalo.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Scotty, maybe they'll let you run it top of the page as an "Anouncement" B)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Bring it on  =)
    I think it's acceptable as long as you're not castrating a buffalo ;)
    canuckland
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    I say go for it... It would be extremely educational...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGH
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Scotty, maybe they'll let you run it top of the page as an "Anouncement" B)
    This is actually what I'm hoping for =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Just a quick question Scotty will you be clothed and sober ?
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    "No balls, no blue chips!"
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    You might try sending a PM
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    I thought it was up for a while actually? Unless it was on BBQ brethren and I saw it there ? 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I'm sure Arkansas fans will object. Are you going to be egging said gonads?
  • SGH
    Options
    I thought it was up for a while actually? Unless it was on BBQ brethren and I saw it there ? 
    It was up less than 24 hours here. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    IAre you going to be egging said gonads?
    No sir. They will be sliced paper thin and deep fried. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I will definitely be sober when wielding the knife. But I can't make any promises about the clothes =)

Status- Standing by.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I'm sure that hogs consider the Egg the devil since it consumes so many of their brethren. Mama sow probably tells her piglets "be good or the Egg will get you!"
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    PM sent

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I'm sure Arkansas fans will object. Are you going to be egging said gonads?
    Nah. We've sucked so long it doesnt phase us anymore. 

Little Rock, AR

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited September 2016
    Options
    SGH said:
    Dear Mr. @The_Buffalo, question for you sir.  I'm castrating a few hogs. May I post this? I don't want to waste the gonads. There are many folks on the forum who would really enjoy seeing a gonadectomy performed live. As well as the slaughter and breaking of the goats. 

FTFY :smiley:
    Post it. It's gonna offend somebody...you can bank on it Scotty. I guess some folks think there's a magical meat fairy that delivers juicy meat to all the boys & girls without a animal being processed. Hey as far as I'm concerned it's part of the process. Just don't go juggling the gonads and you should be fine. If it's a Friday post all bets are off and juggling is warranted. :fearful:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    The larger question is will @nolaegghead be clothed and sober.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I thought this was going to be your critique of recent debate @SGH given the title. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Scotty. Boy you ain't got a hair on your a$$ if you don't post it. And for the whiners that have BGE on speed dial to kill these type of educational threads...pull the stick out of your a$$ because you could actually learn something. 

https://youtu.be/Jpropo0WGn0
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just post a link to a Photobucket series or something.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Breaded and fried goat or lamb jewels are the breakfast of champions 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Gonadectomy?  There you go using big words again....I'm gonna have to go out and buy a dictionary!
    No need really. You no most southerners. Make up words if we don't know one. Save your money.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Gonadectomy?  There you go using big words again....I'm gonna have to go out and buy a dictionary!
    No need really. You no most southerners. Make up words if we don't know one. Save your money.

And we all still understand each other. 

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    In my defense, that's the only long word that I have used on the forum ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Breaded and fried goat or lamb jewels are the breakfast of champions 
    Without question or doubt brother Little. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    Dear Mr. @The_Buffalo, question for you sir. Recently I slaughtered a buckling and four wether goats. This weekend I'm castrating a few hogs as well. May I post this? I posted a Hog slaughter previously that got buffaloed pretty quick. I don't want to waste the time typing it up and uploading the pics if it's going to get struck by you or one of your kind. 
    For the record, I understand that this is a BGE cooking forum first and foremost. However there are many folks on the forum who would really enjoy seeing a gonadectomy performed live. As well as the slaughter and breaking of the goats. 

So do you actually remove them? I think my dad said they would just put a rubber band around the sack and wait for them to drop off.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm all for it......one hasn't lived until they've witnessed a ballectomy

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @DMW Nope Dwayne. I believe Scotty will use sleight of hand so the hogs give him a standing ovation. 
    https://youtu.be/khQIuyvJV8Y
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    edited September 2016
    Options
    DMW said:
    So do you actually remove them? 
    Yes sir. However due to the lack of real cold weather, we remove only the testicles. Not the scrotum (sack). The scrotum will remain and be sewn up. 

Status- Standing by.