Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Competition Thighs and my new Grandson (Pics!)

Options
Second night home while Grandma SHMBO says on with Daughter and Grandson in San Diego waiting for Daddy to get home from deployment in a couple weeks. 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1177809/competition-chicken-thighs-and-oakridge-rub#latest

Cleaned and sprinkled with Swamp Venom, dried in the fridge and finished with Daddy's Sam. 

PIC
New Albany, Ohio 

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,687
    Options
    Congrats on the grandson! He's one fine looking little fella.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nice lookin kid! Congrats!

Did you eat that all with your fingers?!!! Geez!
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    The only thing missing in those pictures is a FORK!    Because the look done to perfection!!  
    :rofl:
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Congrats on a healthy Grandson. Good looking meal also. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    great looking little guy!  congrats!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options

For a fine little fellow:

I hope his first words are "Roll Tide" ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,066
    Options
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    I forgot to say above, great looking grub as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,511
    Options
    Congrats are definitely in order and especially to your daughter for weathering this with Dad unable to be there.  It takes a very special couple (with some very special support from their families) in this day and age to be able to deal with such a monumental event on their own.  You should be even more proud than I know you are for all she went thru.  

On a lighter note-I have no doubt that his first toy will be a fork  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Congrats Grandpa Buckeye. My hats off to you and yours. Waiting on a Grandbaby myself. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Congrats on the new Grandson! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice cook brother for sure.  The new grandson, priceless!!  Congratulations man.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Tblack
    Tblack Posts: 55
    Options
    Good lookin little dude...grandkids are awesome
    LBGE 
    Pike Road,Al

• PASmoke
    PASmoke Posts: 279
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Great looking chicken and Kid.....ha! Congratulations on your grandson....And, most importantly, please thank his father for his service to our country!!!
    Atlanta, GA - Large BGE x 2

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Beautiful grandson, and blessed to have a wonderful grandfather. I know you are enjoying these days, and I hope you have many more. BTW, cook looked great too!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    My stepdaughters were too old when I married their mom for me to be much of a dad to them, but I got to be a grandpa, and it is one of the great joys of my life!  That's a mighty handsome grandson you have there, and I know you will enjoy doting on him!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    @SGH

He already hates Michigan.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,593
    Options
    Congratulations... Thighs are my absolute favorite !!!! Your plate looks fantastic. Cute little guy for sure.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Congratulations! Fine looking boy and he looks like he's wondering where his chicken is. Great looking food too. So glad all are healthy.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @SGH

He already hates Michigan.
    Might want to talk to the kids. That onesy is kinda Blue. Just saying, be careful!

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,171
    edited August 2016
    Options
    What a fine looking boy!  Congrats!

Edit:  Hates Michigan??  I don't think so because he's wearing blue.  GO Blue!
    Flint, Michigan
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Congratulations - makes me miss having a baby around the house. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Congratulations on a beautiful healthy grandson. The meal looks great as well. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I already miss seeing him first thing in the morning and even the baby cries in the middle of the night. 

@Fred19Flintstone It's baby boy blue, not maize and blue blue. And why does your football team wear uniforms with a basketball player logo?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I already miss seeing him first thing in the morning and even the baby cries in the middle of the night. 

@Fred19Flintstone It's baby boy blue, not maize and blue blue. And why does your football team wear uniforms with a basketball player logo?
    It's because the Wolverines are fly.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,543
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    He's a cutie. Congrats on the addition to your family.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings