Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is EggNation making for Indepedence Day? July 4 is a GREAT time to celebrate.

Options
2»

Comments

• CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    @westernbbq sounds like a great weekend. Good to hear the eggthusiasum is spreading in the family. Your sister-in-law must of married a good one!! Makes for good convo and more good eating haha 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Im jonesing for some snout.....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Well, I'm making green chile cheeseburgers today and tomorrow, but the Postman just brought me a new Smokeware Cap for my Large (had ordered it over two months ago) so need to do a low-und-slow on the 4th.  Babybacks, perhaps?   :)  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Steve76
    Steve76 Posts: 60
    Options
    Baby backs.. lots of 'em by request... folks coming over to smell the smoke and sample the results. low and slow baby!!!
    Lutz, FL (next to the swamp), LBGE, Pizza stone, Egg Handler, Flame boss 300, Thermapen, Kick Ash basket &  Webber Summit for odds and ends and short, or "honey do", cooks!  
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Simple tonite.  Burgers and chix breasts on bge.   Very tasty and a crowd pleaser.  The 7 dos eqquisnsure helped along with a lot of pool time.  I was lit up lile a firecracker tonite so no picta.  I cant find my damn phone anyway.  It was about a buck today but super humid, which i cannot stand.   I want 115 and dry.   August un phx ia hot and humid which sucks but it beats the hell out of freezing your nuts off....
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    We have a forecast for heavy rain Monday so probably no egging then. But today we are doing a practice run for Porkopolis Eggfest, we are both cooking at it. Doing Country Style Pork ribs, Meatballs and Morrocan Chicken.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Spent a beautiful day at the lake. Egged hamburgers, hot dogs, and cheddar brats. First trip to the lake with the Egg and surely won't be the last.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Some pork belly strips to make burnt ends.

And on the smoker

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @DMW pork belly burnt ends is where it's at. And whole hog is always a show stopper. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    Made my fav go to Mad Hunky Wings  
  • ThrillSeeker
    ThrillSeeker Posts: 306
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Brisket and wings?

Ditto. My 10.5 lb brisket is resting in the cooler wrapped in butcher paper, wrapped in foil, and two beach towels on top.

Wings are seasoned and @necessaryindulg Tequila lime chipolte wing sauce is ready to simmer.  

Teriyaki chicken is marinating and waiting to go on skewers. 

Hot beef polish are on standby in the fridge w the sides. 

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• AintEZbeingme
    Options
    Sunday - slab of ribs, squash casserole, pork n beans, lemon pie
    Monday - ribeyes, hasselback taters, fresh sliced maters, grilled Vidalia onions 
                 - fireworks

STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Options
    Tonight: Country Style Ribs rubbed with Cluck & Squeal.  
    Tomorrow:  ABTs with the leftovers to take to a friend's house. 

Happy 4th, y'all!  
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Prime Ribeye Caps, southern style french cut green beans, fresh sweet corn riped off the stalks, a hardy bold cab, and apoke oie for desert.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I wasn't able to help in the process as much as I would have liked, my friend's wife gave birth to their baby the night before and wife visited her, but the pig was delicious. My friend used his caja china for the first time, and it came out great. I want to have whole hog in my arsenal, but I am not sure if I would get the caja china - I simply haven't researched it.  I would say the caja china was fairly simple to operate and produced a great pig.

Personally, at some point I would like to be doing whole hog 1-2 times a year and July 4th would be a great block party time.
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Ribs and Ribeyes are the Independence Day celebration meal today.  Happy Independence Day everyone.   And for all the Veterans, first Responders and active Service Men out there...Thank You!  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm "making" a trip to my mother-in-law's.  I'm in the plane as I type this.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I'm "making" a trip to the store.  Ran out of salad dressing today, found a bottle back in my pantry, but it was Thousand Island, which I usually don't buy.   :|
    Then I noticed the label said Ranch, but it was colored like TI.  Slowly I turned the bottle around, "Best if used by Jan. 2009"!   :o
    I gingerly took it out to the trash, hopefully it won't blow before trash day.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• westernbbq
    Options
    Well no pizza party tonite but i did make halibut and chix breasts for tacos.   Made a homemade chile adobo cream sauce for the fish and a chimichurri sauce for the chix.    It was all a hit.  Sorry i didnt get picts.  I was pretty busy dowing tecate lights and the roasted pasilla and anaheim green chiles which were incredible.   Nice smoky flavor off the bge which was so good.   
  • westernbbq
    Options
    @westernbbq sounds like a great weekend. Good to hear the eggthusiasum is spreading in the family. Your sister-in-law must of married a good one!! Makes for good convo and more good eating haha 
    Yeah hes a good dude.  After having pizza at our house off the bge he went out and got one.   I just directed him to CGS too so he can get the multigrid action goimg

Wifes cousin hubby also just picked upa. Used bge and he loves it.   I always have a good time by them but now ill take it to a whole new level.  They both told me the biggest reason they got their bges is so that i have something to do at their parties.   
  • E-ville Egg
    E-ville Egg Posts: 100
    Options
    We celebrated my daughter's first birthday which is today with a cook out on Sunday. Made 50 hamburgers and 30 hotdogs. Egged 9 burgers and 6-8 hotdogs at a time. Guests raved about the food. I love when simple cooks on the Egg get appreciated.