Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

They had ribeye primal on sale

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
I stopped by the grocer and they had a 20 lb ribeye roast (primal) on sale for $4.99 lb. Well, I snatched one up along with a couple of pork butts for $.99 lb. I cut the ribeye into 1 1/2" steaks. I'll cook the butt tomorrow. 
My wife and I split a steak tonight along with a few other goodies. 

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Looks like quite a tasty meal there.  That's some great prices
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    WINNER WINNER WINNER
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. Well here is two thousand words that should say it all my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    SGH said:
    They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. Well here is two thousand words that should say it all my friend. 

THAT seal is so COOL, Scottie! Now instead of the picture of a "seal" how about the PROMISED picture of the "pig" used to test that gazillion mile long pipeline welding process you have been supervising? 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    THAT seal is so COOL, Scottie! 
    Thanks Ron. But to give credit where credit is due, if memory serves, it was cazzy and yolkonyou who made those seals for me. If I gave credit to the wrong peeps, then my apologies. But I am almost certain it was them.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I'd hit that. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • RRP
    Options
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    THAT seal is so COOL, Scottie! 
    Thanks Ron. But to give credit where credit is due, if memory serves, it was cazzy and yolkonyou who made those seals for me. If I gave credit to the wrong peeps, then my apologies. But I am almost certain it was them.  
    Hey, buddy, guess I wasn't clear on trying to be FUNNY. You posted your SEAL - a take off like the animal type and I was asking about the picture(s) you promised to post of a PIG going thru that long pipeline. As I said a while ago I grew up near a pipeline pumping station owned by Panhandle Eastern or something like that. I toured that facility 3 times I think as a child and heard the reference to the "pig". Back then they had no pictures so initially I wondered if they shoved a sow in snout or butt first for the trip from OK to MO!
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @logchief @RRP @Terrebandit Thanks guys. @SGH My humble thanks for the seal of approval. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice score on the primal and a damn nice looking meal Mr Aggie!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Meeeshigan22
    Meeeshigan22 Posts: 306
    Options
    Wow, everything looks great. Nicely done.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Thanks Matt.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Meeeshigan22 Thanks friend. SWMBO was happy - and that makes me happy. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon