Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunshine State fest

Options
anyone going?  This used to be a big one but I haven't seen much about it & it's next week...
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    We won't be able to go they moved it to April and we are back in NC! New promoters also, have heard good and bad about last years event. Also at a new location that is not on the beach.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    They are doing facebook and local media advertising.  Bought my tickety last week and the promoters say 75-100 cooks and  over 2000 folks attending.  Come on down.  Nice property near the space center an 1 1/2 hours from disney if you want a family week. More on the news next week.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Jim the move does seem to have changed more than the location, when Tim did this it was a sold out event but there doesn't seem to be any interest in this location.  Plus without alligator sausage it hardly seems worth the trip
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    They are doing facebook and local media advertising.  Bought my tickety last week and the promoters say 75-100 cooks and  over 2000 folks attending.  Come on down.  Nice property near the space center an 1 1/2 hours from disney if you want a family week. More on the news next week.
    ok that makes sense, odd though that they wouldn't market here. 
    happy in the hut
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    The Mrs and I will be there. I spoke to Jan Wassi a couple weeks ago. She is expecting 100 Eggs and 2000 attendees. That's a pretty good size Eggfest. 
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Jan Wassi made a post about the Sunshine Fest here in the last week, I don't know if it got any responses.

I went last year and the new location was just OK, not nearly as cool as the one on the beach in the years before. 
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    I think most folks will be at the free event in NC.  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    anyone going?  This used to be a big one but I haven't seen much about it & it's next week...

I thought you were banned from the state?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Zippylip said:

I thought you were banned from the state?
    No one is banned from America's Wang. That's why everyone is crazy there. It's the US penial colony.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    You guys should know. This is the fake 'zippylip' account that a nameless rapscallion started a while ago. Don't get sucked into his little trap. Posts an innocuous question wih light hearted banter, then goes all psycho on you. 

The real zippy hasn't posted here in years. When he tried to sign up, the username 'zippylip' was taken and he posted instead under 'sundown'

you're welcome. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw, and how many usernames have YOU had? I can only think of 4 that I'm sure of, but I'm old and memory fades. haha. I know you've had more. My favorite was Earwicker. Never could wade through Joyce myself, but it was a cool handle.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    ok that makes sense, odd though that they wouldn't market here. 
    This year's Salado Fest would not have been posted here if I had not done it. I turned over the fest after my 5th last year. New people just don't think like we do. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw, and how many usernames have YOU had? I can only think of 4 that I'm sure of, but I'm old and memory fades. haha. I know you've had more. My favorite was Earwicker. Never could wade through Joyce myself, but it was a cool handle.
    I have had a few. Maybe ten?

remember when they allowed guest posting (not needing to sign in or be a member)?  That was crazy

i actually never posted under one of those anonymous 'bolded black' usernames (legit users were green). 

Those were for people who acted one way in real life and a different way when no one was looking! :)

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I think everyone is going to Butt Blast in Salisbury NC on 4/23/16
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    I put myself through college dancing at a place called the 'Butt Blast'

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    I put myself through college dancing at a place called the 'Butt Blast'

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    piney said:
    I think everyone is going to Butt Blast in Salisbury NC on 4/23/16
    @piney: I wish I were joining you guys in NC this weekend.  Sounds like it's going to be an amazing time! Will you be at Ga Mtn in Hiawassee again this year? 

For all going to Sunshine State this weekend, I'll be there assisting @Poolman so please come by and say hi! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.