Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally home

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
I've been on the road a lot. Got home and wanted to egg. 
Pork tenderloin in an Asian marinade. Sv till 130 and seared to 145 on the egg. 

Red pears stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar cheese and wrapped in bacon. 

Both were great but try the pears. Great appetizer for a change. @zippylip recipe. 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Mmmm pears with bacon, berry interesting...
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    I'm digging the pears bro. Great job.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Yes sir them pears look good!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    even being full after eating a "bag of d!cks", I would still dive on that.

good stuff.
    were the pears parcooked at all? do you cook them til soft or til the bacon is done, or both?

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    even being full after eating a "bag of d!cks"
    Brother Crenshaw, this^^^^^^^ worries me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Great looking grub Uncke Apple.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    That pear sounds unbelievable. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    SGH said:
    inside joke.  though maybe no one realizes i was on the inside.

was from an old texting conversation a few weeks ago.

B)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    inside joke.  though maybe no one realizes i was on the inside.

was from an old texting conversation a few weeks ago.

B)
    Thanks for the clarity my friend. You seem far to intelligent to be a man who tip toes through the tulips. Glad it was a inside joke.  

Status- Standing by.

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    I worked in a field with a lot of creative people and It took all kinds to do good work. Some of the nicest folks i remember were not "playing for my team".  NBD in my book

• henapple
    Options

good stuff.
    were the pears parcooked at all? do you cook them til soft or til the bacon is done, or both?

Just till the bacon is done. Goat cheese is good but too rich for the family's taste. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Whole meal looks great!  The Pears look insanely delicious!  Nice work man!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looking really good brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great. I haven't had dinner. Thanks...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    That looks outstanding....and a whole lot better than what I had tonight. Been a bit of a road warrior myself. Looking forward to getting home doing the same.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • EggNashville
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

good stuff.

Bag of D!cks.  Great band name.  Also describes the pool of primary candidates.
    Options
    Very nice!

I'm in the Boro. You in cashville? 
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Looks great Tony...will try the pears. I also have been getting my feet wet with SV.. how long on pork @130
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • piney
    Options
    Tony try this...Great on SV turkey breast
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Looks great. I have been traveling way too much for work too. Leave again today and don't come back until Saturday myself. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • henapple
    Options
    piney said:
    Looks great Tony...will try the pears. I also have been getting my feet wet with SV.. how long on pork @130

It was in around 3.5 hours. Couldn't have been more tender. 

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Damn fine work on those pears. I would eat pears every day when I was a kid.

Nicely done sir.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I'll be copying those pears soon.  I'll post if i don't screw them up.  Or, maybe I'll post even if I do.  A good laugh is always fun!
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Outstanding!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• piney
    Options
    henapple said:
    piney said:

It was in around 3.5 hours. Couldn't have been more tender. 

Note to self...try this! Thanks Apple..see you at Butt Blast
    Lenoir, N.C.