Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you wearing right now? (to egg in, if that's what you were doing)

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Legume said:
    Alright, I'll kill the thread.

You are so far off base. No way any self respecting gay guy would be caught dead wearing crocs, no way! Maybe a nice pair of leather loafers, but never crocs! By this logic, if you ain't wearing crocs, you might be gay? No?
    It says quite the opposite. When you have crocs on.. you feel great just like getting a BJ.. then you look down and realize you are gay because you are wearing crocs.. (aka getting a blowjob by a dude)

I wasn't clear, but I meant by MY LOGIC.BTW, my logic is the correct logic, of course.
    I got the joke. I just challenge you to find gay guys wearing crocs. They wouldn't be caught dead in them. Only lazy, worthless, married, straight guys like myself wear them because we have given up caring about what we look like. Gay guys always care about their appearance, DUH! Thus, I turn this joke around!!!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,233
    Options
    I've got to go with @pgprescott on this one. My gay friends are really well dressed and would never be caught in a pair of Crocs. Unless they were Crocs by Salvatore Ferragamo...
  • pgprescott
    Options
    @DoubleEgger , there may be an exception here or there, but they are just that, exceptions. Thanks for the support! I cant argue that they are cool or even remotely stylish, but they are not gay. They are the opposite.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    Excellent work debunking a joke.  A+

...and sorry if I hit a nerve. I own and wear crocs and loafers, totally comfortable in either.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Legume said:
    Excellent work debunking a joke.  A+

...and sorry if I hit a nerve. I own and wear crocs and loafers, totally comfortable in either.
    I'm just messing around, of course. I don't care what anyone thinks of my footware and certainly don't care what you choose to sport either. I kid. I kid. 
     However it appears as though this really touches a nerve with @Sardonicus. He so strongly disagrees with my analysis that he hit the dreaded button! Oh dear!! @Thatgrimguy is disagreeing too. No good arguments to counter my theories IMO. Therefore, I will state my disagreement with their disagreement and declare myself the winner. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm just going with the @nolaegghead version of using the disagree button to disagree rather than as a "dreaded button". I keep the abuse and troll reserved for that!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited February 2016
    Options

"Overthinking"?

Be thankful he's thinking at all.
    I mean . . . He's a cat-keeping croc-wearer, for chrissakes!

:D 
     B) 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• pgprescott
    Options

"Overthinking"?

Be thankful he's thinking at all.
    I mean . . . He's a cat-keeping croc-wearer, for chrissakes!

:D 
     B) 

Again, I cannot argue those facts. But like you pointed out, "not that there's anything wrong with that!" Another Seinfeld instant classic. Kudos. I was waiting,for literally hours, for someone to finally say it. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I'm just going with the @nolaegghead version of using the disagree button to disagree rather than as a "dreaded button". I keep the abuse and troll reserved for that!
    I figured as much. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Legume said:

I'm just playin. Nothing else very interesting to consume my attention, so I played the hand all the way to the last trick. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,201
    Options
    I liked @pgprescott 's analysis and I happened to agree with his conclusion.

Although, I believe he meant gay guy.  I think lesbians are fond of crocks.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    This thread is great.  Not shocked, that many here rock 'em. hahaha
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Focker said:

This thread is kind of like an intervention.  

If one of our brothers is sporting skinny jeans, crocs, a man bun, or (shudder) a fanny pack - then we have to do what we can to bring him back.  

No fellow egger left behind.

Phoenix 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2016
    Options
    C

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited February 2016
    Options
    blasting said:
    Focker said:

This thread is kind of like an intervention.  

If one of our brothers is sporting skinny jeans, crocs, a man bun, or (shudder) a fanny pack - then we have to do what we can to bring him back.  

No fellow egger left behind.

I hear ya bud.  You have full permission to put a bullet in my head if I post a pic, or am seen wearing said Crocs..anywhere.  Gay, married, divorced, whatev.  I will hand you my gun.   
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,533
    Options
    Up.  Town.  Funk you up.
    Uptown.  Funk you up.  

Don't believe me, just watch.  

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• pgprescott
    Options
    Focker said:
    Lots of closet people on here I bet. Googled it and 30 million sold last year alone. I only have one old pair for kicking around the patio. Not sure about the rest of them. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    So...wearing Crocs broadcasts my heterosexual masculinity.   Wut-evz.  I just need to stop wearing them when I ride my motorcycles.  Bad habit.  They often fly off on the highway and I have to drive against traffic on the shoulder to retrieve them.  No wonder they have such a bad rap.
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Khakis.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,870
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Khakis.
    You sound hideous. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Khakis.
    You sound hideous. 
    Well, I am, so. 
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'm utterly shocked that none of my fellow degenerates on here have answered "Your Mom!"
    Steve 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I'm utterly shocked that none of my fellow degenerates on here have answered "Your Mom!"
    Asleep at the wheel I guess. I'll try and do better. =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    According to my kids cargo shorts or pants are out. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    henapple said:
    According to my kids cargo shorts or pants are out. 
    According to Cazzy's youngest, all clothes are out.
    Options
    short jorts are still in, right???
  • pgprescott
    Options
    So...wearing Crocs broadcasts my heterosexual masculinity.   Wut-evz.  
    I know it's a loose comparison, but it's kinda like a guy leaving the house with a badly wrinkled shirt. 
  • Dawnl
    Dawnl Posts: 252
    Options
    I wear work socks, camo crocs and a tattoo.  Would love to get the tattoo discussion going again, think it got buffaloed!

Ottawa Valley, Ontario