Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

8 days until Star Wars

Options
johnnyp
johnnyp Posts: 3,932
Man, I'm excited
XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Agree. I can't decide if my kid's first experience should be this one since it is in theaters.
  • johnnyp
    Options
    Oh man, it definitely should be. Give them that gift
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I watched the three originals in theaters as a kid. Watched all 6 with my kids multiple times at home. May have to take them to see this one. 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I'm waiting until work slows down, but it is still in theaters, my 6 year old will love it. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I might have to call in sick that day.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    yeh I'm pumped too......I dont have a bad feeling about this  =)
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,865
    Options
    I bought tickets weeks ago for Saturday of opening weekend - at 11:30 AM - at a theater across town.   It's where and when I could get tickets.

Very much looking forward to it. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    As long as jar jar binks never shows up again.  It has to be better.
    Lucasfilm AND JJ Abrams have both said that JarJar is nowhere to be seen. Ewoks either, at Harrison Ford's insistance. 

A good friend of mine that I saw the special editions and Ep. 1 midnight showing with got tickets for opening day for my birthday. Pretty excited. 

What's going to be weird is having this movie start without the 20th Century Fox fanfare at the beginning.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • Angus1978
    Options
    Got my tix yesterday for Dec 18th!  Got lucky and the Studio Movie Grill is opening back up after a remodel on the 17th.....everyone forgot about it and tickets went on sale 3 days ago.
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • jonnymack
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpSFp-gw6lY 

International trailer that kicks a lot of a$$. Boys are 7 and 5, perfect age, they have seen all 3 original and still don't know that the prequels exist (feel like that makes me a pretty decent dad). I'm giddy over this, can't wait!!!
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @johnnymack you are a better dad than I, no question!  My 5 and 7 year olds have seen the prequels, boo.  I have never made it past the part where Anakin leans in for a kiss with natalie portman.  the acting is so horrendous I leave the room.

This new one looks awesome.  Looking forward to it. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • BizGreenEgg
    Options
    Have you heard of this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • If you DO want to expose the unexposed to the prequels, but NOT the terror that is Jar Jar, I'd recommend having them watch in "Machete Order" (Google for a really good description). essentially watching Episodes 4 and 5, then 2 and 3 (skipping 1 altogether), then 6. Read the discussion to see the merits of this. My kids watched all in this order, and loved the way it sets up the character arcs...
    Egging in Indy...
  • jonnymack
    Options
    Whoa that Jar Jar Binks theory is crazy awesome. Love it!
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Have you heard of this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA
    Man that is crazy.  Wonder if he is right. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    That makes sense!  I actually wish Lucas hadn't chickened out and made this happen.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The Jar Jar conspiracy theory is hilarious. 

I have a stuffed Jar Jar doll.  I was at a garage sale and they told me to take it...free.  I said I hated that little muppet freak.  But I'd use it as target practice.   It's sitting on my book shelf right now.
    I'm going on the 20th.  I might have to "go dark" for a few days to avoid any spoilers from folks.

I have a 4 year old that will have to wait.  He's a "young" 4, pretty sensitive, so, for once, I'm in agreement with the wife that he'll have to see it when he gets a little older.

He is getting a lightsaber for Christmas, though.
  • BizGreenEgg
    Options
    The Jar Jar conspiracy theory is hilarious. 

I have a stuffed Jar Jar doll.  I was at a garage sale and they told me to take it...free.  I said I hated that little muppet freak.  But I'd use it as target practice.   It's sitting on my book shelf right now.
    Maybe his Sith powers kept you from using him as a target?

And +1 on Machete order @EGGcellent_Smithers
    I'm watching them that way in preparation for the new one.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Can't wait!! We are going to see it in a lounge style theater where under 21 is not allowed. Reclining heated chairs, full bottle of wine, gonna be awesome!! =)
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    I have been waiting so long for this, I am truly excited... like a child on Christmas morning.  For those of us who enjoy collecting Star Wars, its an amazing time as well.  
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,865
    Options
    I saw it last night at the early premier.  I was pleasantly surprised on Tuesday to find out that a friend of mine (our daughters keep in touch more than we do so I haven't seen him for a couple of years) is now in the C-suite of Santikos Theaters and he wanted to give us a couple of tickets for the 7 PM premier showing before the actual midnight release. 

What a treat.  It is great.  I won't say any more just yet so as to not spoil it for anyone.

Those of you going this weekend - enjoy it. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I saw it last night at the early premier.  I was pleasantly surprised on Tuesday to find out that a friend of mine (our daughters keep in touch more than we do so I haven't seen him for a couple of years) is now in the C-suite of Santikos Theaters and he wanted to give us a couple of tickets for the 7 PM premier showing before the actual midnight release. 

What a treat.  It is great.  I won't say any more just yet so as to not spoil it for anyone.

Those of you going this weekend - enjoy it. 
    This!!!!  

NO SPOILERS guys.  Just general feedback.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,192
    Options
    I hate public theaters.  Going to watch it at home.  My harddrive with movie is at my house, just waiting for my authentication code from Disney.  They usual get it to "private" theaters a week or so later.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • johnnyp
    Options
    Just got out of the movie. I liked it a a lot. 
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    Good fun!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    I absolutely hated him. I couldn't believe that they put him in the movie. Ruined the whole show for me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    We have tickets for  the show Sunday afternoon.  Can't wait.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.