Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm addicted

Options
Yes, I am addicted to my Big Green Egg....but even more so, I'm addicted to taking smoking and grilling classes.  I attended my 4th class - a holiday smoking class on Saturday.  We cooked 86 pounds of meat (prime rib 2 ways, turkey 3 ways, ham, duck), cauliflower, asparagus, cranberries, stuffing, sweet potatoes, quiche, pumpkin pie.  Here are some pics.   
BGE novice...A Southern Belle living in Seattle.  

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    As far as addictions go, I think you picked a good one. Looks great. Egg on. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    The Bourbon; No before and after photos? I am concerned.
    Looks like a great class, the food looks awesome! I get the addiction.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Food looks great and sound like a lot of fun.  I'd love to find some classes like that in my area.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Most Eggcellent!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    The Jim Beam looks like someone spilled it and the food looks great!
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @Trixie_Belle - looks like fun and entertaining for sure.  Given this is turkey and beef roast season, would you care to highlight the "prime rib 2 ways, turkey 3 ways, " cooks??  Nothing fancy just the basics for those of us who walk aimlessly on the BGE journey...
    And if it is proprietary information than I am good with that.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Trixie_Belle
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Trixie_Belle - looks like fun and entertaining for sure.  Given this is turkey and beef roast season, would you care to highlight the "prime rib 2 ways, turkey 3 ways, " cooks??  Nothing fancy just the basics for those of us who walk aimlessly on the BGE journey...
    And if it is proprietary information than I am good with that.  ;)

I'll be happy to share!   As a matter of fact, I should be getting the instructions by email soon.  
  • AUoldphart50
    Options
    Looks like a lot of fun, Trixie_Belle.  Where were these classes, sounds like something to feed my addiction too?
    AU Old Phart
    WDE!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Trixie_Belle
    Looks like a heck of a good time and a pile of awesome grub as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of fun!  I certainly understand your addiction.  Non eggers just don't understand. 
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Trixie_Belle
    Options
    Looks like a lot of fun, Trixie_Belle.  Where were these classes, sounds like something to feed my addiction too?
    Classes just south of Seattle.  This company also has schools in Vancouver WA, San Francisco area, Phoenix.