Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another shout out to @RRP

Options
I needed to replace my gasket on my Lge. I contacted RRP for the Rutland gasket, and again as stated on here by other members, his customer service is beyond great ! Very timely detailed emails from him and same day shipping. Price is outstanding and his detailed instructions are great. 
Danville, Il

Comments

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Agree x10!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    He's the man!!  Couldn't agree more!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    That guy is nothing BUT TROUBLE! unless ya need a new lifetime gasket for your BGE........... :) He is also a nice person....

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Ron kicks a$$!!!!!!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• AaronH
    AaronH Posts: 145
    Options
    Nice packaging and super to deal with. just got my Xl gasket 
    XLBGE /MiniBGE / Maverick 733 x 2/ Woo2 / CGS 17.5 Stone

North Carolina land
  • bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options

+1
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    And the price is unbelievable. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Thanks guys! I try!

On Thursday I have a new garage door being installed and I spent mucho of today moving my attached shelving and  "stuff" accumulated for the past 35 years which is too close for the track replacement. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Ron's a top knotch guy for sure.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    Just received mine the other week also. Just need to find the time to do it.
    Ron's a Class Act!
    Thanks Ron!
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    +1 on RRP! 
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    I gotta know Ron...what's the back story?  How did you become the go-to-guy for Rutland gaskets?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • MrWilliams
    Options
    +1 on RPP as well.  Followed his georgia red wings recipe on Sunday and loved them!!
    XL BGE & Mini - CT USA
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    I just received two gaskets from him yesterday as well. He goes out of his way to make you get what you need. Thanks again.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    RRP is like a grandfather (I hope this does not offend you @RRP)......he is full of wisdom, knowledge, dedication and shares his leanings with the folks he encounters here. He does not embrace a bunch of non-sense; always shoots straight with us all.  

As a relatively new member of the forum and Egging.....I have to say he has earned a high level of respect from myself, and would argue most on this forum. The service he provides is outstanding....and yet I think it keeps him positively grounded in the lives of us all. Thanks Ron for all you do and sharing  your knowledge

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I like Ron, he know's a lot of stuff.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I have had my XL for a little over a year and a half and my factory gasket seems to be ok, but am thinking of replacing it to see if the Rutland would improve it for low & Slows.  I seem to get it all dialed in, leave it for the night then return the next morning where the egg has gone up 30 to 40 degrees over night.  Not a big thing since I set it at 225 most of the time so it is only around 265 to 270 after about 7 hours with very small settings on the top and bottom.  @RRP, would the Rutland help with controlling the low temps more?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
      @RRP, would the Rutland help with controlling the low temps more?
    Obviously you have leakage somewhere causing the 30 to 40º rise. I would be suspicious of two locations. Either your bottom vent is loose-goosey and allowing air in or your gasket is at fault. Have you done the dollar bill test to see if you have gaps? Another way is at night in the dark drop a light down the dome and do a 360º inspection for visible leakage. If the gasket is at fault I can help - just send me a PM here.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 840
    RRP is like a grandfather (I hope this does not offend you @RRP) ;......he is full of wisdom, knowledge, dedication and shares his leanings with the folks he encounters here. He does not embrace a bunch of non-sense; always shoots straight with us all.

Ron has leanings? Which way?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Ron kicks Gasket 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 840
    RRP is like a grandfather (I hope this does not offend you @RRP) ;......he is full of wisdom, knowledge, dedication and shares his leanings with the folks he encounters here. He does not embrace a bunch of non-sense; always shoots straight with us all.

Ron has leanings? Which way?
    LOL.....Doesn't say much for my SC edumacation. If I could only spell.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow