Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

14 years ago I remembered a guy

Options
His name is Christian regenhard. I don't know him but I was given his name on a 9/11 memorial ceremony. 
St. Johns County, Florida

Comments

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    edited September 2015
    Options
    RRP said:
    sorry - I don't know/knew him, but locally we too lost a helluva nice young man who was going to set the world on fire! BUT some Iranian sponsored losers ended his life in their typically cowardly way. I just wish that our president would put our deceased young man's name on at least one of the 150 BILLION dollars we are sending the Iranian b*stards! 
    hey man...that sucks. I guess I made this thread to remember those who gave their lives. Do you remember where you were on 9/11? I was 21 and my mom called me.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Ron - Iranian sponsored....???  Could you enlighten us?
    I was in Hershey Pa demo'ing software.  Had @Jaime with me - we saw Meat Loaf in Atlantic City a couple of nights prior.   Demo of course was interrupted.  We got last Hertz car in Lancaster and drove back to Atl.  

The country was SO united for awhile but I sadly worried how long would the patriotism last?  Sadly my worry was realized too soon.  I still thank first responders for all they do and when the opportunity presents itself I buy donuts/coffee for anyone I see in a military uniform at  Dunkin etc.  nowadays I think we should all thank a cop when we can for a different reason.   Let's NEVER forget 9/11.  I was 45 then.
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    good point @swordsmn. There is a media driven hate for police officers that sickens me
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    DC.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I was 37 working on some Autocad drawings when my boss came out of his office to tell me about the first plane hitting.  We thought it was an accident tell heard about the second and then went to the cafeteria to see what it was about.  I will never forgot.   I too miss the patriotism we had after that happened and wish we still did have it.  I will never forget that day.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Wanasmoke
    Options
    I was sitting in a lecture in dental school when my buddy came in late and told us about the first plane. They closed the clinics a couple hours later and I remember driving home in shock. Never forget
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I was working residential HVAC/R walked into some dudes place and saw the first & second bird fly into the buildings and we (homeowner & myself) all sat down dumbfounded and glued to the TV and I listened to the radio broadcasts etc. while I worked the rest of that fateful day.  My personal Patriotism has never left me but, then again I had it long before this travesty and I'll have it long after.  
    Pretty sad it takes an event so horrific to bring out some Americans patriotism. We will NEVER FORGET!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • B727
    B727 Posts: 18
    Options
    I was an airline pilot, luckily on days off. Life changed for everyone that day......

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I was a sophomore in high school sitting in a math class.  Although school was never cancelled, we just bounced from class to class watching the TV.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• smoke-n
    Options
    I was in high school. came in to my teacher siting in the floor crying with the tv on. that was back in the day where our educational system cared about this country and we were all a little more united. the principle canceled all classes for the day. those who didn't leave school sat and watch the news all day. my mom came to school and got me soon after the towers were hit. terrible time in our nations history. but for one day it didn't matter what color you were how rich or poor you were every life mattered and the police and firemen where our hero's. this country while wounded was stronger than ever and united. I pray for that unity within our great nation daily. God bless this country and our law enforcement. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    I was on top of an elevator at a hospital performing a survey for a modernization. 

Let's say the words that Obama can't seem to muster. Radical Islamic Terrorists. 

#RIP
    #ilovetheusa

• AintEZbeingme
    Options
    Been in education for 30 yrs. was in class when those scumbags hit us. Spent rest of day watching, trying to explain, and wondering . Will spend most of day in class showing footage, discussing and trying to explain to high school students the events on that horrific day. But as always... GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
    STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I was a teacher back then. It was hard watching it and trying to explain what was going on to high school kids. School wasn't canceled, but there wasn't much teaching going on that day. At least not from anybody's lesson plans.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,127
    Options
    I was headed to a regular day in college.  Heard about 1st plane on the radio.  Got to class and the big projector had the news on.  We weren't sure what was going on until the 2nd plane hit.

Even then we didn't want to believe.  Still shocked what people will do to each other.

@MaC122  thank you for keeping Christian Regenhard and all those who dieds memory alive.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I was in Kuparuk Alaska at drill site Ugnu #1 operated by ConocoPhillips & ARCO (Atlantic Richfield Corporation). Due to the airlines shutting down, I was stranded there for a extra 3 weeks. It seemed like a bad deal at first but was nothing compared to what those poor people in towers went through. At least I was safe and sound, they were not so fortunate. We heard about the attack but didn't get to see it on tv until days later when we finally caught a pond jumper to Anchorage. I could not hardly believe it when I finally saw it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options

Let's say the words that Obama can't seem to muster. Radical Islamic Terrorists. 

#RIP
    #ilovetheusa

I totally agree.   Where religion is an excuse for terrorist activity, you should call it out.   Radical Islamic Terrorists.  Or whatever the motivating factor is for violent hate. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_religious_terrorism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radicalization

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

http://www.sagepub.com/sites/default/files/upm-binaries/33557_6.pdf

I was preparing to leave for my Grandmother's funeral in Kentucky. I was out getting breakfast at Chik-fil-A when the radio stations here in Atlanta were only talking.... I zoned it out. I got back home and turned on the TV to see the second plane hit.

Had to pick up a suit coat from the store that was making some alterations, saw the first and second tower fall there.  They had run to Best Buy and bought a TV and had it sitting in the middle of the clothing store with chairs around it for anyone who wanted to watch.  I don't think they even charged me for the alterations.

That was a long drive to Hopkinsville from Atlanta.

#neverforget

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I was playing golf in Sea Island, GA with my wife on our honeymoon. We came in off the course and watched TV in our room for the majority of the next few days. We ended up leaving after a few days because we were so sad/depressed. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    well according to a federal district court in manhatten =)

http://www.iran911case.com/

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I was working and had a big deadline that needed to be made.  I listened to the radio and wept while continuing to input the damn data.
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    well according to a federal district court in manhatten =)

http://www.iran911case.com/

Iran has always hated Al-Qaeda, who were responsible for 9/11 attacks.  Although Iran hates the US, it's not unrealistic to think they wouldn't mind an attack on the "Great Satin". 

And from the 9/11 Commission report:

The commission's final report also offered new evidence of increased contact between Iran and al-Qaeda. The report contains information about how several of the 9/11 hijackers passed through Iran, and indicates that officials in Iran did not place entry stamps in their passports. However, according to the report (Chapter 7), there is no evidence that Iran was aware of the actual 9/11 plot. Iran has since implemented several widely publicized efforts to shut down al-Qaeda cells operating within its country.

So congratulations on using google to find a civil suit that found them partially culpable.  You can also find citations where Israel was involved...because countries have all kinds of people in them. 
    Options
    i wouldnt take isreal off the list either =)  but iran is not a friendly at all, they are shutting down al-qaeda because they are afraid of them now, but then was a different story, and yes, everythings on google =) i bet iran doesnt caugh up the 7 billion the courts said they owe either
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I was traveling in DC on this day (Gaithersburg MD).......attending meetings. We were all stunned as you can imagine. I vividly recall the sounds of the emergency services headed into the city. It was extremely difficult to get a cell connection to communicate with family.  I had flown into Reagan International and was unable to fly home. Hertz was great and allowed me to drive home with no implications. 

My companies HONOR (Military Diversity Group) sent out a link for a great recap of the day. I have linked it here if anyone wants to relive the day. I watched it first thing this morning. I found myself both angry and yet settled with our ability to sustain. Hope you all have a great day and remember those who gave their life....and or had their lives impacted. Click here to view a recap of the events of 9/11

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It was a normal morning at work. Heard about the first plane striking the tower and thought it was an accident. Continued working but turned on the TV
    When the second tower hit I called all my employees to come watch the news. We all sat around watching in horror. Then when I heard of the Pentagon being attacked. I immediately said we are under attack. I decided to close my shop for the day.
    I told my employees they could go home and that I would contact them in the evening.
    I remember the sickening feeling I had when I saw the radicals celebrating.
    I remember a guy driving with a huge American flag flying from his pick-up truck. I was proud !

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Man... Can we just reflect on 9/11 and save the finger pointing and arguing till tonight? 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    henapple said:
    Man... Can we just reflect on 9/11 and save the finger pointing and arguing till tonight? 
    No joke.  I learned the Iranians are now responsible.  Next it will be Canadians.