Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What flips your lid?

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,192
Merge lanes and people who block both lanes.

Blocking both lanes three miles before you have to merge is idiotic.  If you want to be highway patrol then join the police force!!
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    People walking in front of you who choose to come to a compete stop in an exit or doorway... step aside people, step aside
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• Teedoff
    Teedoff Posts: 65
    Options
    People driving 5 mph under the limit in the left lane... Right next to someone driving 5 mph under the limit in the right lane... 
    Decatur, AL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Going to fire up the grill or smoker and realize that I'm out of lump. This usually sets me off. Especially if I'm hungry. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    Options
    Oh and women in a grocery store check out lane who wait until it's all rung up to then start digging in their purse for their check book!  Plus the occasional one who then has to record the check, and update the balance while seemingly using their fingers to do the math!!!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,637
    Options
    People that wait until the last 20 feet to force a merge and cause everyone else to slam brakes and stop forward motion.

People that shoot down the shoulder creating their own turn lane hundreds of feet before the lane starts, no doubt passing everyone waiting for the turn lane to start.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,046
    Options
    Gassers
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Ever notice that regardless of what speed you are driving, anyone driving slower than you is an idiot who can't drive and anyone driving faster than you is a reckless maniac that's gonna cause an accident. 
    So true- but it's a great thing to be perfect. 

But to answer the OP- people who hang out in the left lane moving slower than traffic. Europeans do it well- left lane is passing only. Pass the car and move back over. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    People who use an exit lane to cut off traffic then hop back on the freeway
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    My employees, customers, people driving on the same road as me...pretty much everyone today. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    LIBERALS.....Just Kidding......people with closed minds!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Jack asses that wait till the very last minute when merging into a construction zone. You know it's there but you still speed ahead of the people in the correct lane hoping someone will let you in line.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    Options
    Jack asses that wait till the very last minute when merging into a construction zone. You know it's there but you still speed ahead of the people in the correct lane hoping someone will let you in line.  
    Same here...but what frosts me is the idiot who then let's that idiot in line! I love it when everybody tightens rank and lets the sob wait until the whole convoy has passed him sitting there waiting for some sucker to let him in when it never happened! 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    People that lie to my face and think I don't know the difference.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,192
    Options
    RRP said:
    Same here...but what frosts me is the idiot who then let's that idiot in line! I love it when everybody tightens rank and lets the sob wait until the whole convoy has passed him sitting there waiting for some sucker to let him in when it never happened! 
    Spoken like a true Illinoian.  Turn signals are a sign of weakness and nobody here knows how to merge.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,512
    Options
    The inability to merge is right there. Major hwy construction around here only magnifies the issue. Beyond that I'm old and tired of "all about me behaviors" mentioned above. That and my smart phone keyboard ineptitude. Enough for now.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    jabam said:
    LIBERALS.....Just Kidding......people with closed minds!
    You say one thing, then say the opposite!  I'm sooo confused!
    Options
    I suppose it might look like I have/had road rage issues and I really don't/didn't! I never honked, I never flipped off anybody, but I burnt under my collar. We are a community of just 100k or so, plus my vanity plates kept my emotions in check too!  =)

The other point I want to make is I find that "in town" I am extremely tolerant of cars with out of state license plates.  I figure they don't know our main thoroughfares, turn lanes, traffic light settings etc so I let them in regardless of their traffic transgressions! 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lousy drivers.  Includes all of the above y'all mentioned except merging at the end of a merge lane is the proper way to merge.  Early mergers are screwing it up.

People that are eating lunch or dinner in their vehicle, texting, yakking on the phone are usually not paying attention and are dangerous.  I'm usually hauling ass and these are the people that drift out their lanes and don't pay attention to other traffic.

Left lane is for passing.  On the autobahn you will get a ticket for clogging up the left lane.  If no one is in front of you, you need to move to the right lanes and let faster traffic through.
    Options
    Shopping at Walmart and the jackass has there cart on one side of the isle and they are standing on the other side looking to block the rest of the f***ing isle
    Nuff said. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    When you are in grocery store or hardware store and there are 15 people in the only lane open and other employees are standing around talking about BS or playing on their phone instead of opening another line and working. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    People that believe everything they read in chain mails.
    Options
    People that send all their money to TV evangelists as seeds to heal their cancer with prayer and end up not treating it medically and die.  Actually, I don't hate them, I think they're doing the right thing but hopefully they do it before they reproduce.
    edited August 2015
    Options
    People that shop at walmart. =)
    Options
    People that believe everything they read in chain mails.
    @nolaegghead please disregard the letter I sent you. Should be there tomorrow. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    People who don't like drinking pina coladas  in the pouring rain.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE