Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many of you use more than one grill?

Options
I prefer my egg but sometimes when I get home it is easier to fire up my weber. Both grills are in my garage and it is easier to move and fire up after a day of work. Just curious who else might use more than one grill. 

Suwanee, GA

Comments

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    BGE, a Weber Kettle, and a gasser. The gasser is great for those 20 minutes cooks when I just don't have time after work........tastes good enough. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    L, XL and in a pinch or as an outdoor warming drawer, the old Weber gasser.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    SGH said:
    I use the BGE and only the BGE ;)
    Looking for some points are ya? 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Grills used and sold:
    Weber Genesis Silver B gasser
    Weber OTS, SJP, SJG
    Lodge CI Hibachi

Grills in the current rotation:
    2 LBGEs
    1 SBGE
    2 Weber OTGs
    WSM
    Blackstone Pizza Oven

Although its considered hoarding, I find it important to have the right tool, for any job you do.  Using different methods, techniques, vessels; and coming up with your own findings, preferences, conclusions....is part of the fun.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    SGH said:
    No sir, it was a attempt at humor. It's no secret at all that I use several different types of smokers. I post them pretty regularly. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Awww now @SGH, be honest, you only cook on Webers :o
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Awww now @SGH, be honest, you only cook on Webers :o
    The ole Weber is always standing by just in case. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Large BGE for cooking for company or any good-sized cook, spatchcock a nearly 6 lb chicken, any pork butt, etc.
    Kamado Joe Jr for just a couple of items for the two of us.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Wait a minute I was just going to as @SGH how long BGE has made a cabinet smoker.  Now I come to find out he isn't bleeding green only.  

In all honesty I have several cooking choices, XL BGE, UDS,  offset  and OTG.  I'd say its fun to master each of them, or in my case keep trying to master them.   
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• midwestsmoker
    Options
    I use my LBGE & sometimes my other LBGE or if I'm in a hurry I use my Mini Max. Would this be a yes or a no.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    At the moment truly all I have is eggs. Hoping to get a clearance gasser from somewhere in the next month or two. Would love to have a cabinet and a Blackstone too . 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I currently have my LBGE and a propane fish fryer doing duty as a wok burner. I do have easy access to a big offset cooker any time I want to use it.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'm seriously eyeing a Lang 48 right now. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Lvnthedrm
    Lvnthedrm Posts: 153
    Options
    MM and large egg. Weber kettle went to my father. Gasser went to the landfill.
  • SGH
    Options
    ChuckR said:
    Just curious who else might use more than one grill. 

Through the years I have owned and used many different types of smokers and grills. Now that I'm up in age and do not compete anymore, I have reduced the arsenal down to the small current line up.

Large Big Green Egg.
    Mini Egg.
    Mini Max Egg.
    Kamado Joe Jr.
    Pit Barrel Cooker.
    Weber Kettle. Old,broken down and wore out, but still standing by. 
    Pitmaker Vault (Unit #1),
    Custom reverse flow offset with a built in vertical. (Unit #6).
    Custom reverse flow offset with a built in vertical and a Vault clone onboard (Unit #7).
    Custom built standard flow offset aka: Franklin style pit. (Unit #8). To be used at this years brisket camp.
    Homemade direct fired Quad Hog cooker. (Unit #4).
    Units #2, #3 & #5 are old and semi retired. They are kept more for sentimental reasons than anything else. They are Jambo, Yoder and Klose clones respectively. 

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac from suits to wife beaters, you rock the grid!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Geez, do a few cooks in a suit and nobody lets you forget it ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    Two grills, both Eggs, does that count?
    I bought my Large because I wanted to be able to do two briskets at once (office parties; you're stuck with it once you bring in the first briskie), but doing my normal bachecooks (one breast, one steak, two brats, etc) they looked kinda silly on such a big grill, hence the Small.
    A rigorous Cost-Benefit Analysis would probably show me that was a bad decision, which is why I haven't done one.
    I like having two Eggs, so bite me.  =)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• midwestsmoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    ChuckR said:
    Just curious who else might use more than one grill. 

Through the years I have owned and used many different types of smokers and grills. Now that I'm up in age and do not compete anymore, I have reduced the arsenal down to the small current line up.

Large Big Green Egg.
    Mini Egg.
    Mini Max Egg.
    Kamado Joe Jr.
    Pit Barrel Cooker.
    Weber Kettle. Old,broken down and wore out, but still standing by. 
    Pitmaker Vault (Unit #1),
    Custom reverse flow offset with a built in vertical. (Unit #6).
    Custom reverse flow offset with a built in vertical and a Vault clone onboard (Unit #7).
    Custom built standard flow offset aka: Franklin style pit. (Unit #8). To be used at this years brisket camp.
    Homemade direct fired Quad Hog cooker. (Unit #4).
    Units #2, #3 & #5 are old and semi retired. They are kept more for sentimental reasons than anything else. They are Jambo, Yoder and Klose clones respectively. 
    You my friend are one of the gods 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    @SGH how do you like the PBC?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    SGH said:
    Roadpuke0 said:
    SGH said:
    No sir, it was a attempt at humor. It's no secret at all that I use several different types of smokers. I post them pretty regularly. 
    We all know that. Thought maybe your were trying to make a mod happy or something.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • SGH
    Options
    @SGH how do you like the PBC?
    The PBC is a great rig. It's right in line with a Weber WSM. You can hang your meat or remove the rods and set it up just like a WSM. It's a very functional rig. It will grill, roast or smoke. For the money, it's hard to beat. I like the fact that it's small and lightweight  and will hold a decent amount of food due to the hanging method. It's very portable as well. For a person looking for a affordable unit to do it all, the PBC along with WSM are tough to beat. 

Status- Standing by.

• EggNashville
    Options
    I use more than one grill...because I own more than one BGE...
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    Use LBGE and like many others, have the old gasser used as a warming unit!  The wife will use the gasser on short cooks because she is scared of the bge!  I'll keep it that way so she doesn't learn to out cook me! =)
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Geez, do a few cooks in a suit and nobody lets you forget it ;)
    Well, at least you changed cooker type pictures....  :lol: 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    I think the majority of us use different cooking methods here. I do not personally own a gasser, but enjoy my eggs and meat monster along with campfire cooking along with Dutch oven cooking. I have not used the oven in years.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I think the majority of us use different cooking methods here. I do not personally own a gasser, but enjoy my eggs and meat monster along with campfire cooking along with Dutch oven cooking. I have not used the oven in years.
    I haven't looked at your signature line in awhile. Will you ever have enough eggs?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Only used my 20 year old weber one time since I purchased my medium. I have it for lage volume burgers only.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow