Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hanging out with forum friends. Nola & Grim

Options

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Outstanding.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    @SGH, what did y'all BBQ season the shrimp with? Looks like a bit of sausage perhaps? 
    That is a 2 pound chunk of chorizo along with a couple pounds of butter, and a little Wshire. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TheManBehindTheMask
    Options
    SGH said:
    looks great
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Insane looking food
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    It looks like a really fun day with friends and some outstanding food.  I don't know what looked better, the ribs or the seafood dish.  AAA+++

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    That looks like a great time, can't believe you forgot the oysters!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    That looks like a great time, can't believe you forgot the oysters!
    They were in a jar. Just not the same to me. I prefer them alive and whole. Everything else made up for it though. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    It was a great day. Really enjoyed it @SGH and @nolaegghead . Thank you so much for the party. We ate like kings. Looking forward to next time. And I'm even more excited about Brisket Camp than I already was.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    Options
    It was a great day. Really enjoyed it @SGH and @nolaegghead
    I had a blast as well. Brisket Camp should be really special this year. 

Status- Standing by.

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Amazing looking food.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • SGH
    Options
    I've never seen a rib kick out the opposite direction like that before. does that happen often?

I actually pulled that bone out like that. No particular reason as to why. But no, the bones will not walk out like that on their own. Or at least I have never seen them do it before. And thanks for the kind words and compliments my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Good looking eats guys ... looks like enough to feed the wife and me for a month ... geez.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Very nicely done.  What is that thing sitting in the middle of the shrimp in the third shrimp picture?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,850
    Options
    Good looking eats guys ... looks like enough to feed the wife and me for a month ... geez.

I was thinking that if I was there we would have had to send out for pizza - because the leftover shrimp wouldn't have filled me up and I don't care for oysters...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    edited August 2015
    Options
    thetrim said:
     What is that thing sitting in the middle of the shrimp in the third shrimp picture?
    @thetrimChorizo my friend. 2 pounds of it.  

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Picked up a 9.5 HP outboard for $20 today.  It'll work perfectly with the 10' zodiac (style) boat a buddy gave me.
    Options
    Awesome!  Next time wait till I get there.  I'll be in NO Monday.

@ozzie_isaac yeah?  We'll have to meet up.  Text me your cell.

Options
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I have been thinking of nothing but short ribs ever since.
  • Tupac
    Tupac Posts: 20
    Options
    Man, looks like I should have skipped out on Commander's  and La Petite Grocery and hung out with y'all this weekend. Great looking spread. Never thought to do scallops that way. 
    Options
    I have been thinking of nothing but short ribs ever since.
    Brother they were incredible.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Tupac said:
    Never thought to do scallops that way. 
    Brother it worked like a charm. The heavy plate worked perfect.  

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    That chunk of metal I salvaged from an old Perkin Elmer inductively coupled plasma spectrophotometer that probably cost a quarter million in it's day.  Works like a champ for searing. 
    Options
     Works like a champ for searing. 
    It sure does brother. I was impressed with it.  

Status- Standing by.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited August 2015
    Options
    That chunk of metal I salvaged from an old Perkin Elmer inductively coupled plasma spectrophotometer that probably cost a quarter million in it's day.  Works like a champ for searing. 

@Nolaeghead

The world is full of amazing coincidences isn't it?!  I too got my scallop searing plate off an old Perkin Elmer inductively coupled plasma spectrophotometer.

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @blasting - that's a hell of a coincidence.  They probably only made a few thousand of those.  ;)

I have no idea of the composition but I'm guessing some aluminum/magnesium.  It does transfer heat like a champ.   I squared it off using my table saw.
    Options
    This might be the single coolest thing I've ever seen posted on this forum!

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,205
    Options
    I feel like such a hick for using cast iron...
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
     This is what happens when you get a bunch of all stars together. Phenomenal!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)