Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I've never disagreed with anything as much as I disagree with this

Options
http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/recipes-that-prove-nobody-barbecues-like-a-vegan?post_id=56904855_10100208352761760&s=mobile

Seriously!?!?!? If I showed up to a BBQ and it was a vegan only affair I would never speak to the host again.  I thought everyone could use a good laugh. 
1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Mayo and hot dogs are "gross"? She must be a commie. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • vchelf
    vchelf Posts: 95
    Options
    Ewww. Most if that looked awful. Gimme a ribeye!
    Victor Chelf
    Houston, TX

Just one Large BGE
    Visit my Victor's Vittles blog - dedicated to my Big Green Eggventures

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Those people clearly don't love freedom. Terrorists.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I really don't care who cooks what on whatever device they choose.  My issue would be when "they" try to push their agenda on others.  What you do in your space is yours-just don't try to expand.  Just an opinion and we all know about those-
    Edit: showing up to a feed like that with no warning would be pretty friggin poor-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Man, I would be eating a whole lot of chips and guacamole at that cook out. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Most of that stuff looks pretty good, minus the meat replacement stuff. 

The potato salad made with avocado rather than mayo is really good. My mom has made something similar. 

The best comment though, is "It's not a BBQ without meat. That's called a cookout".
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I, uhhh, got nothing. To each his own but, "where's the BEEF"?
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I'm not saying that I hate anything other than meat but I disagree that a vegan would be the champion of any BBQ I was attending.  I just want a larger than life cut of meat and all the calories that entails.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    The only thing I could come anywhere remotely close to agreeing with is the corn.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited July 2015
    Options
    "No Meat" song by Stephen Lynch...  

A little slow at first, but you will be rewarded with laughter.  

https://youtu.be/r8TACgr3lKk
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I really don't care who cooks what on whatever device they choose.  My issue would be when "they" try to push their agenda on others.  What you do in your space is yours-just don't try to expand.  Just an opinion and we all know about those-
    Edit: showing up to a feed like that with no warning would be pretty friggin poor-
    This.  Do what you want. Don't try to force it on me. And why do we have to bring God into the discussion?
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I'm gonna try that tater salad, sounds kinda good.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    This.  Do what you want. Don't try to force it on me. And why do we have to bring God into the discussion?
    Who's forcing anything on anybody?  It's from Buzzfeed, so you're all doing exactly what it was designed to do; piss people off so they share and read it, driving up unique website hits.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Bah.  Vegans and vegetarians help keep meat prices low.  Let them have their fun.
    Options
    Am I the only one that was repulsed by the "sausages" in pictures 5 ad 23? Those looked the worst out of anything there. 

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    lewisj82 said:
    Am I the only one that was repulsed by the "sausages" in pictures 5 ad 23? Those looked the worst out of anything there. 
    # 5 looked like it was wrapped in a condom. 

"First of all, you don’t need meat to make an amazing burger."

I think you do. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    lewisj82 said:
    # 5 looked like it was wrapped in a condom. 

"First of all, you don’t need meat to make an amazing burger."

I think you do. 
    Now that's funny...... 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Whatever. More meat for me. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Bah.  Vegans and vegetarians help keep meat prices low.  Let them have their fun.
    Exactly, more for us. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I've met some real nice folks who were vegetarian.  However, to me, they all look a little sickly and would benefit from a cheeseburger.

That said, most people probably look at me and think I'd benefit from a salad...

Phoenix 
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Biologically, we are omnivores.  The best diet is a balanced diet. Vegetarianism for humans is unhealthy.  So is the all meat diet, or the all candy diet.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ....so I need to probably quit my all Twinkie diet all the time.  Dammit.