Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti 50 ice test.

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Damn, this is like watching paint dry ... only two days down and eight to go.  Are you going to peek?
    At the end of day 7 I will peek. Why? I think that it being 50 quarts instead of 95 quarts like the Pelican, the ice will be gone. Also the Yeti claim is 7 days.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    You're going to have to start a new thread with the results.  I can't keep up with all the responses on your threads.  

I tell ya, if @SGH posts a picture of a Big Mac it would run 12 pages.  :wink: 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    @Photo Egg 
    I got my 160.00 Tan Pelican yesterday....OMG that thing is HUUGGGE
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I got a roadie 20 from austin kayak for 225, they had a 10 percent off coupon. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• SGH
    Options

I got a roadie 20 from austin kayak for 225, they had a 10 percent off coupon. 
    Awesome brother^^^^^^. I'm holding out for one of the RTI roadies. Hope that it's not a dud. If it is, I will buy a Yeti roadie. However I feel that the RTI's will be great. 

Angus1978 said:
    @Photo Egg 
    I got my 160.00 Tan Pelican yesterday....OMG that thing is HUUGGGE
    Is that^^^^^^ 160 quart or $160.00 dollars? Either way, awesome man. Enjoy it.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Standing by for more yeti ice reviews. I see too many online calling them crap and no better than blue ice. Besides REI only had 2 lb i think I want one 4 lb rather than 2 2lb blocks.
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Standing by for more yeti ice reviews. I see too many online calling them crap and no better than blue ice. Besides REI only had 2 lb i think I want one 4 lb rather than 2 2lb blocks.
    I'm picking up some Yeti ice tomorrow from Academy Sports. I will gladly share my thoughts once I get to try it out. 

Status- Standing by.

• SkinnyV
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yeti roadie worked out well on our 2 night 3 day camp trip. We were responsible for 2 meals for 3 families , or 2 @SGH meals....either way :) . All food not eaten made it home just fine. I lucked out on a $150 second, has one little ding and no rubber on the handle.
    Seattle, WA
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    I've got a 2 pound ice in the freezer right now going to Myrtle Beach with me in a few days. If I can remember, I'll update!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• SGH
    Options
    I've got a 2 pound ice in the freezer right now going to Myrtle Beach with me in a few days. If I can remember, I'll update!
    Please do my friend. I have heard some say that it works great and others say that it didn't perform well. I'm going to give it a shot myself. 

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    So what's the deal with the RTIC coolers, when do we pay and get them?  Anyone know?  I heard their website was up and running, but I haven't seen an email from them.

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Options
    thetrim said:
    So what's the deal with the RTIC coolers, when do we pay and get them?  Anyone know?  I heard their website was up and running, but I haven't seen an email from them.

I was told that it would be mid to late August. Again, just repeating what I was told, not what I know. If I get a email I will certainly give everyone a heads up.  

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Thanks @SGH.  You are the only reason I reserved two of the tan big guys.  I was happy to hear you put your unheralded SGH seal of approval on them!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    SGH said:
    Please do my friend. I have heard some say that it works great and others say that it didn't perform well. I'm going to give it a shot myself. 
    Will do. Don't have a nice & fancy cooler to carry it in; private school for the 2 offspring takes a good chunk of my change!  But will be able to compare it with ice and the blue ice things!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    @SkinnyV  I picked up a 4lb yeti ice today for my hopper, its in the freezer.  I'll let you know how it holds up this weekend
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • SkinnyV
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sounds good fellas. Brother SGH , you've been stingy on that seal of approval lately.
    Leaving for a little vacation tmw, me and my 2 kiddos on a flight tmw with the Mrs joining later in the week, will be standing by for any and all results!
    ;)
    Seattle, WA
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • SGH
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Brother SGH , you've been stingy on that seal of approval lately.

Brother Skinny I haven't been on the forum very much as of late. Been spending a lot of time on the Gulf fishing. We have been slaughtering the white trout as of late. I try to look in a couple a times a day. But I did give brother yolk the seal last night. 

Status- Standing by.

• Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    MJG said:
    Thanks! Got to have them now. I should no better to click on people's links. 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • SGH
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    MJG said:
    Thanks! Got to have them now. I should no better to click on people's links. 
    I didn't know that they made a 10oz. I have only saw the 20 & 30.  I can't speak for the 10 & 20, but the 30oz has exceeded all expectations. Since I purchased it, it's all I use now. I honestly thought that it was just hype until I tried it. As soon as Academy gets some more in, I'm picking up several more of the 30oz. Thanks for the link above. 

Status- Standing by.

• SkinnyV
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @SGH just missed a flight with my 2 kids in hand. Arrived to a very crowded airport at 6am....unheard of TSA line length. Can I hear your TSA take...haha. I was furious as I arrived at my gate with the guy just closing the door with a stroller and 2 kids in tow telling me sorry, haha. I caused a nice scene but man, TSA is what screwed alot of folks this am. Lucky I.am back home until my flight later this afternoon....bastards.
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Can I hear your TSA take...
    I would love to share my thoughts on the TSA brother skinny. But if I did, they would sink this thread just like they sunk my other cooler thread. I have a hunch that you probably have a good idea as to how I feel about the TSA. They go hand in hand with a certain political party in my book. Just a hint, the political party in question is not the honest, law abiding, hard working, tax paying conservatives. It's that other one. 

Status- Standing by.

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    So much noise in this thread.....what was the result of your test @SGH ?
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • SGH
    Options
    4Runner said:
    So much noise in this thread.....what was the result of your test @SGH ?
    Still have 5 days to go before the 10 day test is up. I'm going to peek at the end of the eighth day though. I don't think the 50 is big enough to make it 10 days like the bigger 95 quart Pelican. We shall see. 

Status- Standing by.

• SkinnyV
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Brother @SGH provides great wisdom and even greater banter. I think most of his threads have noise but feel free to shut it down if needed @SGH, ill notch it down. Ice test is still pending as noted in the thread though.
    Seattle, WA
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    sweet.....can't wait to see the results
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    July 23rd ... SGH said: At the end of day 7 I will peek. ...

July 25th ... SGH said: ... I'm going to peek at the end of the eighth day though. ...
    Starting to talk like a politician ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• SGH
    Options
    July 23rd ... SGH said: At the end of day 7 I will peek. ...

July 25th ... SGH said: ... I'm going to peek at the end of the eighth day though. ...
    Starting to talk like a politician ...

Not at all. I was going to peek at day 7, but a friend of mine assured me that it would hold ice for 7 days. On his word I'm going to peek at the end of day 8. Nothing against the Yeti, but I think due to the smaller size that it's not going to make it to day 10. I want to catch it close to where it peters out. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hmmm ... three more days ... paint's almost dry ... grass is growing well ... guess I'll go watch that new movie that's out.  Hey Scottie, you might enjoy watching it too:

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @SGH- if you want to closely check w/o opening I'm sure you could give the cooler a good shake and see if you hear any ice collisions-and that would be day 7 or 8 or.... :)  And that 10 oz rig could be quite dangerous.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.