Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did anyone cook last night?

Options
2»

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Come to work with me!
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Nice cook, Craig. 
    GWN
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited July 2015
    Options
    "Since my obesity was brought to my attention,  I opted for a leaner and healthier meal. (thanks to whomever pointed that out) "

Kamado Joe Craig

======================

Dr. BBQ is not exactly svelte either.
    Nor Moe Cason

Aaron Franklin seems to have managed to control his waistline much better than those mentioned - despite his profession.

Or maybe because of his profession.  I dunno.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    "Since my obesity was brought to my attention,  I opted for a leaner and healthier meal. (thanks to whomever pointed that out) "

Kamado Joe Craig

======================

Nor Moe Cason

Aaron Franklin seems to have managed to control his waistline much better than those mentioned - despite his profession.

Have you ever seen Aaron Franklin's schedule? That dude burns more calories than a marathon runner. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    stemc33 said:

Kamado Joe Craig

======================

Nor Moe Cason

Have you ever seen Aaron Franklin's schedule? That dude burns more calories than a marathon runner. 
    Yep, when I entertain on weekends (fairly often during the summer), I consume more calories in food and drink than I do during a couple week days. Somehow it seems Monday morning when I step on the scale I am either level or down a bit. Couldn't figure out why until I got a phone that tracks my steps. My activity level on cooking days is probably 5x that of an office day.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Looks awesome! Nice and simple, but great cook!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,192
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You most certaintly can cook.  Food looks killer and your pics are outstanding.

Btw, its the egg adding pounds.  Since getting mine I have gained 20+ pounds.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    It's the alcohol, not the food.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Nice cook!  Keep'em coming!
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I'm very close to jumping in on the griddle craze, but I think the food coming off those is probably much worse for the waistline.
    Phoenix 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    blasting said:

I'm very close to jumping in on the griddle craze, but I think the food coming off those is probably much worse for the waistline.
    It most certainly is but you'll freaking love it!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It's not how you cook it but what you cook.
    Options
    Great job but this isn't helping @SGH as he tries to slim down for Brisket Camp 2015
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Great job but this isn't helping @SGH as he tries to slim down for Brisket Camp 2015
    Tell'em brother!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Looks great Craig
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Saw that steak on Facebook. You can come to my office next time.  

The healthy stuff looks good too, just not as good as that cow.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,543
    Options
    Nice cook Craig...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Does anybody have a french fry recipe?  =)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Does anybody have a french fry recipe?  =)
    Now that's what  I said!
    New Albany, Ohio 

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Great looking cook !!  Love me some salmon....I don't need a recipe for salmon...done got one.

Glad to see you posting and glad to see folks complimenting/less strife while keeping the forum "fun" going.

Oh yeah...I gained 100# last year...I'm blaming it on my thyroid...damaged from radiation for throat cancer. Feb 2014 = 196#    July2015=294#.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    It's the alcohol, not the food.
    This ^^^^^^^^ is truth!
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    Great lookin food Craig