Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

High end rotomolded cooler deal.

Options

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Reserved a 45 and am thinking about reserving a 65 as well.  (IMHO, they'd be better served if the site let you reserve different sizes in one shot.)

I saw no harm in reserving, except if they sell or use my personal info contra to the statement that they won't.  

Surely they're modeling out the production run (# of reservations/[factor that will buy] * price) as they gear up.  Attractive "ground floor" pricing, good word of mouth, etc.  I wish them well.  

And now I'm off to reserve the 65.  Definitely not a "need" -- but it's got my "want" juices flowing.  
    Once @SGH was hooked this story wrote itself. They should be teaching this in Marketing 101.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    SGH said:
    I was in Academy Sports yesterday buying some circle hooks and there sat a Yeti 50. The more I looked at it the more I wanted it. I really liked the fact that it was the same length and width of the 45 but it was a few inches deeper to hold more ice. 

With the Rtic coolers being true to their size...Would the 45 Rtic not be a better buy that the Yeti 50 at about the same capacity.
    Insulation quality should make taller internal not a big issue?
    I know money is no issue to you and I have always like the taller stance of the Yeti 50 as well.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    SGH said:
    cssmd27 said:
     I should be done with this lifetime with high end coolers considering how often I [don't really] need them.
    I say the same thing about stuff; coolers, smokers, grills, guns, fishing rods and reels but always end up aquiring more and more. It's a never ending vicious circle it seems. ;
    You're exactly right, all of these things that are just toys. When I was a kid it was GI Joe and Star Wars, it moved to baseball cards, then to guns and bows and now it is boats, grills, fly fishing gear, skeet guns. It never stops and I can barely get into my garage to prove it. However there is room in the garage for the 20 and 45 I have reserved.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Fyi, they indicate they are planning on a 110 quart in early 2016. 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    With the Rtic coolers being true to their size...Would the 45 Rtic not be a better buy that the Yeti 50 at about the same capacity.
    I know money is no issue to you and I have always like the taller stance of the Yeti 50 as well.
    If the RTI coolers turn out to be as good as they look, they will unquestionably be the far better "deal" for the money. What I was saying was that looking at the Yeti 50 versus the Yeti 35 & 45, the 50 made much better sense to me. Not much heavier or pricier than the 45 but considerably deeper. When speaking to the sales rep I was told that the 50 wasn't near as big of a seller as the 35, 45, and 65. Of the above mentioned, the 50 seems far and away the better deal for general use to me. Again it's not much more expensive than the 45, it's the same dimensions plus additional depth, and it's considerably cheaper than the 65 but only a tad more expensive than the 45. The 50 seems like the obvisious choice to me among the Yeti line, but according to that rep it's not a great seller. I have never wanted a Yeti. But to be honest, after seeing the 50 I'm fixing to be a Yeti owner. To me, for everyday use the 50 is the near perfect size. The additional depth just put it over the top. As far as money, I do ok brother.  But those ole democrats take so much that it's getting hard to stay ahead. Sure wish the Glory Days of the Reagan era would return my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,164
    Options
    @SGH rest easy my friend.  The democrates are putting your money to good use.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    Options
    @SGH rest easy my friend.  The democrates are putting your money to good use.
    I will say this and then stand down on the subject. I have to stay out of political matters as it really sets me off. But here is my thoughts on the democrats. Look at the pic carefully and read between the lines. This is a democrat taking his hood off.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,164
    Options
    Sorry to derail the thread :giggle: 

@nolaegghead put me up to it ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    Options

Think nothing off it brother Ozzie. The demos have derailed the entire country.

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Crap.. Some 87 year old new guy comes on here hawking garbage coolers..  ;)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    Options
    henapple said:
    I bought a Yeti 50 today to go along with the RTI coolers. Now I can't pick on all the Yeti owners any longer. As usual, I succumbed to temptation. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    henapple said:
    I hope that they are great coolers. I have 3 reserved myself. I have never seen one in person but for the money, how bad could they be? If they turn out to be real nice, it will sure be a steal compared to all the other ones out there. To me, they look closer in appearance to Yeti more so than any other. Time will tell Uncle Apple. 

Status- Standing by.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    My brother heard about this company on a hunting forum. He said the 2 founders of yeti apparently sold the company but kept rights to patents and started this company so they could sell direct for half the price. @SGH since you are responsible for 70 cooler sales on this thread you should call owner back and ask him. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SGH
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    My brother heard about this company on a hunting forum. He said the 2 founders of yeti apparently sold the company but kept rights to patents and started this company so they could sell direct for half the price. @SGH since you are responsible for 70 cooler sales on this thread you should call owner back and ask him. 
    I actually called and spoke to him the same day that I created this post. He told me that the coolers were almost exactly like a Yeti but they did have to change a couple of things to keep from infringing on Yetis patent. This was his only mention of Yeti. He also encouraged anyone with questions to call. The basic jist of it from what I could gather is the coolers are going to be shipped from where they are manufactured thus avoiding storage and middle man fees. Don't know if he spoke the truth or not but he also stated that he also owned one of the largest shipping companies in the U.S. and as such could keep costs down. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Did you see the hooded democrat above Uncle Apple?

Status- Standing by.

• Smokes_Up
    Smokes_Up Posts: 10
    Options
    Reserved one for me and one for the better half.. timing is so perfect for me sgh worth a try at half price!
  • SGH
    Options
    Smokes_Up said:
     worth a try at half price!
    My thoughts exactly my friend^^^^^^^^^^.  

Status- Standing by.

• EGG_Daddy
    EGG_Daddy Posts: 163
    Options
    Fortunately, I got my Yeti 75 for free (hotel points) but I just reserved a RTIC 20 Brown for the work day.  Thanks for info.  

MN. LBGE. Vikings. Beer. YETI 75.

• SGH
    Options
    EGG_Daddy said:
    Fortunately, I got my Yeti 75 for free (hotel points) 
    That's about as good of a deal as you can ask for my friend. I just dropped 379.00 on a Yeti 50.  

Status- Standing by.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    SGH said:
    Photo Egg said:
    The 50 seems like the obvisious choice to me among the Yeti line, but according to that rep it's not a great seller.
    I have been tempted by the Yeti many times.
    have always liked the specs on the 50 the best but have only seen it once in the stores.
    Glad you like yours.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    SGH said:

We should stick to coolers and food.  At least you can use objective data to evaluate those things.  No one would ever believe the subjective thoughts and made up opinions of those pinko commie bastads at Forbes, right?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/09/05/obama-outperforms-reagan-on-jobs-growth-and-investing/

And you can't listen to those fuzzy-headed, navel gazing ivory tower types at Princeton, either.

http://www.princeton.edu/~mwatson/papers/Presidents_Blinder_Watson_July2014.pdf

(so many words, there -- recapped here, by some f*rt-sniffing economists:  http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2014/09/the-us-economy-performs-better-under-democratic-presidents-why.html)

I mean, numbers lie, right?

We really ought to go back to the good old days.  

Or maybe stick to coolers and food.

Now that I've ensured I'll never see a Seal of Approval, carry on.  No more politics for me from here on out!

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    SGH said:

We should stick to coolers and food.  At least you can use objective data to evaluate those things.  No one would ever believe the subjective thoughts and made up opinions of those pinko commie bastads at Forbes, right?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/09/05/obama-outperforms-reagan-on-jobs-growth-and-investing/

And you can't listen to those fuzzy-headed, navel gazing ivory tower types at Princeton, either.

http://www.princeton.edu/~mwatson/papers/Presidents_Blinder_Watson_July2014.pdf

(so many words, there -- recapped here, by some f*rt-sniffing economists:  http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2014/09/the-us-economy-performs-better-under-democratic-presidents-why.html)

I mean, numbers lie, right?

Or maybe stick to coolers and food.

Now that I've ensured I'll never see a Seal of Approval, carry on.  No more politics for me from here on out!

Oh my. I just opened a box if popcorn and in the wave she goes. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ...but...but...Obama is a Muslim and wants to take away all my guns!!!  I'm skeerd!
    Options

Your problem here is attempting to use facts, logic, and reason.  None of those things matter when evaluating Obama's job as POTUS.  Just ask the folks who blame him for the government response to Hurricane Katrina. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,785
    Options
    last i looked it was 2015, not 2011 =) and debt as it compares with the economy ;)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,996
    edited July 2015
    Options
    last i looked it was 2015, not 2011 =) and debt as it compares with the economy ;)

Good point!  If you care about the debt then you should look into what the biggest drivers have been since, oh I don't know, 2001 maybe.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,206
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,785
    edited July 2015
    Options

Good point!  If you care about the debt then you should look into what the biggest drivers have been since, oh I don't know, 2001 maybe.

i see you were very quick to edit that =)  usually the biggest driver to debt is overspending and borrowing to much, do we really need to look
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Did someone say that debt as percentage of gdp reflects, among other things,
    the costs and macro effects of the previous administration's tax cuts?  And that war against the people who admittedly were very bad, but who didn't take down the towers?  

Nope, didn't think so.
    It's a 302 thing . . .