Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisky

Options
13»

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Sorry, I was napping in the movie room.  You're good man....eat away.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Verdict--- perfect smoke flavor on this. Surprised by lack if smoke ring. Really moist. it was Overcooked which is crazy given the short cook I took a slice that had been sitting out for a while for the obligatory bend over a knife pic. This was one of the first few slices so was little drier.  Still good bend and pull. The slices in middle would fall apart hence the Overcooked. Never seen a brisket where meat seemed Overcooked and yet fat hadn't rendered. Guess cap not trimmed enough. The hold was a bit too long I think. Bark was really soft. I made Aaron Franklins sauce as a backup and it was excellent. All in all a C effort. 

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Glad it worked out Chubbs.  In fact, it looks like a real nice brisky!  Congrats! And, if it hadn't, you could blame me.  SWMBO always does, so I guess that's my role :s
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • Chubbs
    Options
    QingEsq said:
    Glad it worked out Chubbs.  In fact, it looks like a real nice brisky!  Congrats! And, if it hadn't, you could blame me.  SWMBO always does, so I guess that's my role :s
    Yeah it could have been better but was certainly good. Guests were raving about it but I always think there is room for improvement. Still trying to find somewhere good to buy them around here. Will buy a SRF next for comparison. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Will buy a SRF next for comparison. 
    Let me save you the suspense my friend, there is no comparison. The Waygu easily wins by miles. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,512
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Chubbs- it definitely worked out.  Great looking eats right there.  Glad everyone enjoyed it.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Chubbs
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Chubbs- it definitely worked out.  Great looking eats right there.  Glad everyone enjoyed it.
    Thanks. Will be more selective when I purchase next time. I knew it wasn't best quality but worth a shot for the price. Just confused by the speed it cooked. It was as if there was no stall at all
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Chubbs said:
     Just confused by the speed it cooked. It was as if there was no stall at all
    Brother Chubbs, there is a simple but lengthy explanation why some cook so fast as opposed to others. If one of the Brisket Gods doesn't explain it for you, I will my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Looks good.  Nice save.   
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Chubbs
    Options
    This is in real time. Have not touched the egg setting since I pulled the brisket off yesterday at 10:30. Just curious. This egg has been going since 11pm Sunday night. Approaching 35 hours with one full load of Fogo lump!

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice looking cook Chubbs.  Thanks for sharing.

Curious to see how long the Egg keeps burning.  I've always wanted to do the same thing.  Keep us posted! 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,637
    Options
    with a brisket that finished so quickly, I can't believe you didn't run to the store to grab something else to put on there - damn, get some lunch on there now
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,231
    edited July 2015
    Options
    SGH said:
    Chubbs said:
    Will buy a SRF next for comparison. 
    Let me save you the suspense my friend, there is no comparison. The Waygu easily wins by miles. 
    Once you go SRF black you don't go back...