Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd Annual Brisket Camp is ON

Options

Comments

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    I have no qualifications to help at anything called "brisket camp" other than that I have an Egg and I live in Metairie. But if there is some way for me to help out  will.
    New Orleans LA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    I have no qualifications to help at anything called "brisket camp" other than that I have an Egg and I live in Metairie. But if there is some way for me to help out  will.
    Brother if you like to cook and eat, then you are more than qualified. Anyone can attend. It's just a friendly gathering of folks from the forum. People who want to cook and demonstrate something certainly can, but it's not a requirement. Most come to hang out and eat. With that said, hope to see you there.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    Don't worry, anything is on the table. We had brisket, stuffed chicken, gumbo, chili, beer, some other stuff, beer, margaritas, and some beer. Plenty to go around.

Might as well be called @nolaegghead's hootenanny. Part deux.

There was beer too.
  • SGH
    Options
    Just need to know what I will be up against. 
    As Nola said earlier, I don't think that you will have any issues. Plus there will be several of us there that are more than willing to help you in anyway that we can brother. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I thought this was a brisket thread!  B). I think I have the wife talked into coming.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Just wanted to confirm if this is official. Southwest is having a sale and I want to book airfare to attend. Thanks!
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @HofstraJet - The venue is booked with the owner and people already have tickets booked.  It's happening.
    Options
    We'll be down the shore the weekend before for our annual Fall break... If there is anyway I can make this happen, I'll do my best to pull it off... 
  • SGH
    Options
    hapster said:
    We'll be down the shore the weekend before for our annual Fall break... If there is anyway I can make this happen, I'll do my best to pull it off... 
    Brother, I really hope that you are there. 

Status- Standing by.

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    OK - thanks. Let's see if I can make it work.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Hapster - you only live once.  I promise you we'll have the best lawyers on standby and I'll take you on a midnight race, I mean, ride in the Porsche.  You'll have a grand time!
    Options
    SGH said:
    hapster said:
    Brother, I really hope that you are there. 
    Hap, please try your best to make I would love to meet you. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    @Hapster - you only live once.  I promise you we'll have the best lawyers on standby and I'll take you on a midnight race, I mean, ride in the Porsche.  You'll have a grand time!
    A compelling argument for me for sure... Not sure that line of logic will work for the wife LOL
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I kid, I kid!
    Options
    Y'all are making me want to drag my ass to nawleans again....
  • SGH
    Options
    Y'all are making me want to drag my ass to nawleans again....
    If you decide to go, leave a day early and come by Casa Horton. You can tour the Units and we will go fishing off of the island. 

Status- Standing by.

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    SGH said:
    henapple said:
    @SGH. ..if you don't bring the stuffed chicken just stay home.
    Uncle Apple I'm going to do several of them. My plan is to get there early before the crowd and get a load of meat cooking on Unit #1 (stuffed chickens, shoulders and briskets) and then as the crowd shows up start demonstrating how to debone and stuff the chickens, debone and prep brisket that has been rough cut from the carcass. I have had numerous questions and requests about prep work. Thus I thought it would be a good idea to demonstrate it. Seems like most folks on the forum are pretty happy with their cooking abilities but not their prep skills. With all that said, the way the chicken vanished last time I plan on doing at least 10 of them. I will put 5 on the smoker early and save 5 to demonstrate how to debone and stuff them. I will have Unit #7 idling on stand by so capacity will not be a issue. Also I have a new stuffing that I want you and Aunt Apple to try. I have been playing around with a ground grouper stuffing that I think is better than the crab and shrimp. I'm going to make chickens using both types of stuffing. The grouper stuffed one is for you and Aunt Apple to try. 
    Two things caught my eye....stuffed chickens and grouper.  Us Chickens love grouper. Do you think Henapple would let us have some too?  Count us in!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • SGH
    Options
    Two things caught my eye....stuffed chickens and grouper.  Us Chickens love grouper. Do you think Henapple would let us have some too?  Count us in!
    Absolutely you can have some. Now that you mentioned that you would like to try it, I will make certain that some of the grouper stuffing is reserved for you. Chicken won't be a problem at all. I have decided to do numerous.  

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Any Tampa, Ocala, Gainesville Eggheads up for a road trip???
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    @HofstraJet - The venue is booked with the owner and people already have tickets booked.  It's happening.
    Sh1t.  Where do I get tickets?
    NOLA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Sh1t.  Where do I get tickets?
    US Air, United, Southwest, all depending where you are coming from. I don't think you need to worry about that detail.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    I will just drive!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    God I hope @DMW doesn't make it.... He always gropes me after he's drunk. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DMW
    Options
    henapple said:
    God I hope @DMW doesn't make it.... He always gropes me after he's drunk. 
    Oh, you would rather I didn't wait til I was drunk?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Damn, just threw up a little in my mouth.
  • DMW
    Options
    Legume said:
    It's OK, the gag reflex relaxes after a few times. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• JRWhitee
    Options
    DMW said:
    Legume said:
    It's OK, the gag reflex relaxes after a few times. 
    TMI

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I was so busy posting non-penis pictures I missed this.  Rape and sexual assault are not tolerated at brisket camp...guys..
    Options
    Bump for Brisket.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I was so busy posting non-penis pictures I missed this.  Rape and sexual assault are not tolerated at brisket camp...guys..
    This is good to know as I'm on the fence.