Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Introduction

Options
Hey everyone! I have recently gotten a BGE and am anxious to learn everything there is about ceramic style cooking. I have wanted one of these for quite a while now and have gotten a great deal on one. My name is Jared, and I am from the Northern Panhandlevof Texas. Go Red Raiders! WRECK EM TECH!!!!!

Comments

• biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the BGE.  You'll learn a lot hanging around here.
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• mshump
    mshump Posts: 212
    Options
    Welcome 
    Danville, Il
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    It's nice when someone joins the forum and doesn't try to sell a 12 foot inflatable egg.  Welcome aboard man!  Can't wait to see some of your cooks! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Hey brother - Welcome ... You are now home!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think all of the good bbq in Lubbock is in backyards and parking lots on gameday.  I've got two at Tech, I really like that school but wish there were some good bbq places.

Welcome, let's see some pics!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Welcome to the forum and to the lifestyle Jared!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Degree of Kool-Aid consumption a matter of personal preference.  You will be exposed to all you want to know about BGE cooking and much more... :peace: 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Welcome!  Come on in, the water is fine.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR3PC8VDoz8

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Trixie_Belle
    Trixie_Belle Posts: 163
    Options
    Welcome!   I'm new as well...enjoy!  There's so much info in this forum.
    BGE novice...A Southern Belle living in Seattle.  
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new egg. You know it's funny, I have owned numerous smokers and grills for most of my life. I always bought or built one the minute the notion hit me. Like yourself, I put off buying a egg for quite sometime after the bug hit me. Don't know why, it just worked out that way for no particular reason. Glad that I finally bit the bullet and you will be glad that you did as well. They are about as all around rigs as you can hope for. Again, welcome and congratulations. Enjoy it my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lvnthedrm
    Lvnthedrm Posts: 153
    Options
    Welcome. Gonna be a fun ride
  • Texastechfan
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome friends! To Legume there is finally a pretty decent BBQ joint in Wolforth that has recently opened up called Evie Maes. Went there this afternoon for some q. I will attach some pics. To smokey Pitt that is one hilarious Sandler clip " yeah f the sun" hahahaha.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Don't ask these guys what accessories to buy, or your credit card will be maxed out in no time:)
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    That rib looks great.  I did read that place was good, pretty new too.  Last time I was up there they weren't open, they have a working mans schedule d/t where they are I suppose.  One of my kids has a summer job that has him in Wolforth sometimes, I'll have to tell him to go try it.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Welcome! My XL was the beginning of my checking/saving/retirement accounts getting smaller. Hang on and enjoy the ride.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Welcome!! Hope you realize that it's only just begun!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Welcome to the greatest cooker, and lifestyle, enjoy Jared.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Welcome... Enjoy.... Post your cooks
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    Welcome
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    got hooked on egging in Lubbock.  Ray at outdoor chef is awesome grab a few bottles of his pork competition rub.  It is good stuff I just got a bottle from a friend a couple of weeks ago.  Welcome to the mayhem
  • Smokin_Hombre
    Options
    Welcome, I'm new here too.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Jared, Jared, Jared, I can't save you now. (SMH while looking down) the cost to get in this lifestyle is nothing compared to staying in this lifestyle, as alluded to in previous posts. Get a nice comfortable recliner that has a large beverage holder to take with you when you go to BGE therapy. You have now joined OCD heaven for Eggers.
    Seriously, have fun! Welcome to the machine Red Raider.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky