Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgating with the MM on the 4th.

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
The atmosphere at the polo fields on the 4th is always great. No different this year, I just wish the kids could of made it out. Started out very hot today, but the evening was perfect for tailgating with the Mini Max. The vehicles are parked close together side by side, but they leave plenty of room to the front and back for people to run around. Here's some pics before the fireworks display to show you guys what the atmosphere was like. Didn't take very many pics and almost forgot to get a shot of the wings. Sorry, no firework pics. I try every year but none of them come out. 

Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Someone actually owns a Suzuki car in Wyoming? That doesn't even look or seem right.  

Fun cook!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • stemc33
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    Someone actually owns a Suzuki car in Wyoming? That doesn't even look or seem right.  

Fun cook!
    No kidding.
    Actually some of the little cars like that do fairly well unless we get a big storm or an animal walks in front of it. I have a neighbor that drives a little front wheel drive car. She's always getting stuck trying to make it up her driveway. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Hard to beat a Suzuki samurai off road. Light weight, good clearance and the narrower wheel base. Keeps you out of trail ruts. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a great time and some awesome grub. Is that you in the blue shirt brother stem?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    What a great view
  • QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    Good eats, awesome scenery and a celebration with what looks like half the population of Wyoming.  All kinds of winning there.
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Great post and the wings look awesome..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Love it!!! Awesome egging. I'm sure you got some "what is that?" Comments from passerby's. Did you leave it in the bed uncovered when you walked away (unattended). I bet ya did AND...it was still there when you returned. That was the sort of environment we enjoy. :smile: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    What a view of the west and wings. That's good times right there!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • stemc33
    Options
    Thanks all. Definitely a great time. 

@QingEsq, it only looks like half the population due to all the out of state visitors. Lots of CA folks. Even seen a few Florida plates. It's a free event with a highly encouraged $10 donation per car/truck load. Free and great times equal lots of people. 

@SGH, yep that's me. 

@NPHuskerFL, didn't walk away this year. Usually we stroll down to the concession stands for an Elephant Ear. First year of real tailgating. I could of walked away without worrying though. Biggest worries were getting hit by a football or frisbee or worse, having a drunk guy stumble and spill their adult beverage on you. 

It still amazes me that they let so many cars drive on the polo fields. I don't know what kind of maintenance goes into them, but I wish my yard was like it. 

Steven
    Banner, Wyoming