Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

so who is this D/F who goes by kosakowskiperry?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
I normally avoid these a**holes who spam me but surely I'm not the only one who has been piled on by this jerk.

Why aren't twits like him banned from this forum? 

HEY MODS>>>ANYBODY listening? and watching what this dim wit is doing to regulars on your forum?

Hello - HELLO MODS! ANY BODY out there???
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    I agree Ron.  It's a shame that there are so many people who just want to be mean and stir the pot.  Life is way too short to have to deal with them.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I haven't been victimized but I know it's a PITA!

By the way, if you want to earn $5-8K a week, just sitting on your ass at home all day, pm me!  =)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    You can delete all of that garbage. Click on each section of it and "x" DELETE. Didn't used to be able to delete off your front wall page but, now ya can. Still a PITA I know. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    Options
    You can delete all of that garbage. Click on each section of it and "x" DELETE. Didn't used to be able to delete off your front wall page but, now ya can. Still a PITA I know. 
    Thank you! I did not know that!
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Spammers are the new telemarketers.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    Thanks Blake!  I always wanted that option.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Thanks Blake!  I always wanted that option.
    We can erase spam but, can't post gifs. :disappointed: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Did you use the "Report Abuse" option? Wondered how it worked....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • RRP
    Options
    yes, but no results!
  • EggHead_Bubba
    Options
    Happy to say I haven't seen any of this. Not sure why because I read a bunch of different threads on this forum.

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    RRP said:
    yes, but no results!
    No surprise there!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    RRP said:
    I normally avoid these a**holes who spam me but surely I'm not the only one who has been piled on by this jerk.

HEY MODS>>>ANYBODY listening? and watching what this dim wit is doing to regulars on your forum?

Ron.
    I don't know if it's ever been considered or even if there would be any interest in forming a new forum. A forum that is financially supported by the members through yearly dues.
    The dues would be used to pay for the hosting. I'm not looking for any admin type roll. That would be for the guys around here that been around a long time.
    I'm a firm believer that stepping up and financially supporting something you that you enjoy fosters good community.
    I bet that a couple of dollars a month would provide a world class forum with all the modern features everyone would enjoy.

Again, I have no interest in admin responsibilities. That's reserved for the longtime members.

• RRP
    Options
    GregW said:
    RRP said:

Ron.
    I don't know if it's ever been considered or even if there would be any interest in forming a new forum. 

Guess you've never heard of  greeneggers dot com. That was and still is the 20+ year old forum before BGE finally set this one up. It is still active.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    GregW said:
    RRP said:

Ron.
    I don't know if it's ever been considered or even if there would be any interest in forming a new forum. A forum that is financially supported by the members through yearly dues.
    The dues would be used to pay for the hosting. I'm not looking for any admin type roll. That would be for the guys around here that been around a long time.
    I'm a firm believer that stepping up and financially supporting something you that you enjoy fosters good community.
    I bet that a couple of dollars a month would provide a world class forum with all the modern features everyone would enjoy.

Again, I have no interest in admin responsibilities. That's reserved for the longtime members.

I have some technical ability and would be willing to help set something like that up using a different message board software than the one used here. See here and here for examples of sites I belong to which (I believe) are supported by a combo of advertising and member subscription fees. I know the folks who set up the first board and can talk to them to find out how they did it.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Respectfully,  I don't think that spamming has become such a large problem that we need to start a new website. Just my two cents. 

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I will pitch in the first $250 to get a better one off the ground.
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Respectfully,  I don't think that spamming has become such a large problem that we need to start a new website. Just my two cents. 
    +1
    GWN
  • GregW
    Options
    RRP said:
    GregW said:
    RRP said:

Ron.
    I don't know if it's ever been considered or even if there would be any interest in forming a new forum. 

Guess you've never heard of  greeneggers dot com. That was and still is the 20+ year old forum before BGE finally set this one up. It is still active.
    What's the deal with it? Is it a good forum? I see it appears to be member supported.
  • GregW
    Options
    GregW said:
    RRP said:

Ron.

I have some technical ability and would be willing to help set something like that up using a different message board software than the one used here. See here and here for examples of sites I belong to which (I believe) are supported by a combo of advertising and member subscription fees. I know the folks who set up the first board and can talk to them to find out how they did it.
    The AVS forum looks good.
  • GregW
    edited June 2015
    Options

It's not the spam that bothers me. I haven't received any.
    What I would like is someone with admin responsibilities to acknowledge the page serving issues we are experiencing. And for them to let people know that the issue is being worked on.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    This forum (with it's pro's and con's) is the one supported?? by BGE corporate.  I don't think corporate truly appreciates the value of this forum in the marketing and sale of BGE's.  Any dealer who is knowledgable about BGE's would readily steer potential owners here for a look at the "free on-line support" they can have.  Can you tire of answering the same start-up questions several times, yes but most don't and the search function has improved over time.   Many pay it forward and enjoy the transition from NEO (New Egg Owner) to contributor.  Any many NEO's have a wealth of Q experience that comes along once they find the site.  
    Setting up a separate forum (even distinct from greeneggers.com (aka the other forum)) would certainly change the dynamics of this place.  I do know from watching the "other forum" since the split that it is definitely a different place than before.
    Off soap box.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    This forum (with it's pro's and con's) is the one supported?? by BGE corporate.  I don't think corporate truly appreciates the value of this forum in the marketing and sale of BGE's.  Any dealer who is knowledgable about BGE's would readily steer potential owners here for a look at the "free on-line support" they can have.
    I know that I'm new here and don't have much background on the dynamics and culture of this group, but this is the crux of the issue I frequently see on corporate-owned boards - they (usually unintentionally) build something of value and then watch it wither away for various reasons. Ford has a different (but similar) problem with its forum for owners of their Sync product. The forum was a decent place until they decided to overmoderate it and require that every post be screened before posting. Screening takes a few days making any meaningful discussions very difficult to have. And anything negative or critical of Ford or the product is censored, so most people don't bother with the forums even though they are staffed by Ford employees who do provide useful assistance at times. 

BGE is missing the value of the community it created here by not acknowledging the technical issues and not having meaningful moderation. I'm sure some folks here would volunteer to be moderators if BGE would allow them to be.

Just my $0.02 as a NEO looking at the forum with fresh unbiased eyes.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I think you summed it up perfectly @HofstraJet. I won't speak for others but, if the technical issues were addressed I'd be much happier.
    Options
    Last summer someone tried to create a social networking site for bge owners.  I think he called it the nest.  People around here got pretty upset about it at some point because it was all he ever talking about it.  If you build another forum I'll check it out.  I honestly doubt I'd pay $5-6 dollars a month for the ability to post pics of my cooks.... 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    One member split off last year to start a new forum, I think maybe 50-100 people set up over there but are probably on both to be honest.  I think lots of people belong to multiple or at least visit multiple.  Personally, the tech challengea are just minor annoyance to me.  Belonging to multiple would be more annoying to me.
  • GregW
    Options
    I agreeLegume said:
    One member split off last year to start a new forum, I think maybe 50-100 people set up over there but are probably on both to be honest.  I think lots of people belong to multiple or at least visit multiple.  Personally, the tech challengea are just minor annoyance to me.  Belonging to multiple would be more annoying to me.
    I agree, we need to stay together and have one forum.
    It's just a shame to have the technical issues we are experiencing.

If I understand correctly, this is the officially Big Green Egg factory sanctioned forum. If this is true, has anyone contacted anyone at BGE about the forum issues?

• luckyboy
    luckyboy Posts: 284
    Options
    If y'all deside to split off please let me know so I can go also.I've only been here roughly 4 months but I used to it and almost recognize everybody's name.I've yet to see the spam being talked about. Thanks
    I forgot to mention that a monthly fee is not a problem.
  • RRP
    Options
    luckyboy said:
    If y'all deside to split off please let me know so I can go also.I've only been here roughly 4 months but I used to it and almost recognize everybody's name.I've yet to see the spam being talked about. Thanks
    I forgot to mention that a monthly fee is not a problem.
    The spam I referenced to start this whole thread is on a personal basis where this dude and others will post lengthy crap to your wall. It just a nuianse when you do know that legitimate posts are made trying to reach you. Now that Blake has explained how to delete these then I'm in a different frame of mind than I was last night when I started this discussion. 
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited June 2015
    Options
    hmmm.. I don't use a "wall".  if it is there, I have never seen it - so, truthfully, I don't care about that issue. As for "YAF" (yet another forum), I would agree with the sentiment that I would not be willing to pay for any forum, but that is just me. 

I just went to the greeneggers.com forum as I am still a member although check it very infrequently... They are again requesting donations for operational support and that is in addition to all of the adverts on their page - something we don't see here except for the aforementioned spammer. 
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    If the two there would have made the upgrades requested by BGE, their funding wouldn't have been pulled and this site wouldn't have been formed. Brenda's son had not been involved there in a while and there is just one person running the board. There are still a few good folks left there but the traffic is 1/10 what it runs here (maybe less)