Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Blackstone 36" Griddle is LEGIT

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Wish I had a big one. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Wish I had a big one. 
    Sorry man.....

XLBGE 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Wish I had a big one. 
    Sorry man.....
    Me too....
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Wish I had a big one. 
    That's what she said! 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Wish you had a big one. 
    That's what she said! 
    FTFY
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Ordered the Blackstone and the cover.  Thanks for pushing me over the edge and helping me finally pull the trigger @Thatgrimguy =)

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DoubleEgger
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I want to pull the trigger on one of these but I'm concerned about keeping it dry.  Sounds like the cover is a bust. Have any owners implemented a viable solution yet? 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I want to pull the trigger on one of these but I'm concerned about keeping it dry.  Sounds like the cover is a bust. Have any owners implemented a viable solution yet? 
    I got my cover last night. It's nice. Just need to put something over the griddle top (inverted foil pans are my choice so far. To keep the rain from puddling. If you are really worried you could put a tarp over the cover to make sure it's fully rain proof.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    @cazzy You will love it! Can't wait to see some of your slick ass skills on this thing!! Eggs+Vault+BSGriddle=ultimate outdoor cooking setup. Only thing I can think of left is a deep fryer, lol.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    Now I am wondering if the Stainless Steel would be a better option. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @cazzy You will love it! Can't wait to see some of your slick ass skills on this thing!! Eggs+Vault+BSGriddle=ultimate outdoor cooking setup. Only thing I can think of left is a deep fryer, lol.
    I have had mine for 4 years now. You will love it.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Still 5-12 business days till delivery for mine. Sitting out on the back deck this morning having a coffee. Damn nice out already and wishing I was cooking some eggs and bacon on it! Can't wait. 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    Does anyone know how long the sale price will last at Target?
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I want their pizza oven next!  Hmmm, a deep fryer....  :pensive: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Now it begins again...
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options

cazzy said:
    I want their pizza oven next!  Hmmm, a deep fryer....  :pensive: 
    Just bought one of those. Had no intention, then a brand new one popped up on the brethren site for $150 close to me. So I jumped on it. Will get it in the next couple weeks!

Just killed my first full bottle of propane using the griddle. Less than a week. But I have cooked probably 10 times on it and served 50+ meals (individual people's meals)
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
    Hotch said:

That is a neat toy! For now I use a CI Dutch Oven on a portable Induction plate burner. Temp control is real good. No chance of a spill causing a fire with no flame being under it. A nice cheap option for anyone. Of course capacity is not near what this propane rig offers.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Wow this site can really trash a wallet.  I'm going to have to take some time off from this forum...

I clicked on the thread never knowing I needed a flattop - of course I was wrong and can't live without one.

Now, in a few posts we have moved on to deep fryers and pizza ovens.  

Phoenix 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    I see most everyone getting one is the 36", how is the 28"?  I may be able to afford it.
    Look for a commercial griddle at a restaurant auction. Plenty of restaurants go out of business and equipment gets auctioned off. These would hold heat a lot longer than the Blackstone.
    But, it will be hard to beat Targets price of $239.  
    Probably right, but at auction you never know. The extra weight of plate makes it a better cooking surface. Just thru it out there as an option for some that might want a thicker griddle surface. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Wow only 10 cooks out of a 20lb tank? That baby is a gas guzzler! 
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Wow only 10 cooks out of a 20lb tank? That baby is a gas guzzler! 
    Yeah, but I ran it for like 3 hours seasoning it on full blast. And at least that long the day I made fried rice also on full blast (I left it on while we ate and cleaned up before walking outside and realizing what I had done.) I turn it on in the morning and let it heat while I shower. So that's a lot longer than necessary.   I'm pretty gas unconscious.  
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother Grim, when I hit terra firma mid week, I got some Waygu rib eyes I want to throw on that black stone. I think that they would be killer off of it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    The only thing is they are only 10oz so we will have to make about 20 of them to get full. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    SGH said:
    The only thing is they are only 10oz so we will have to make about 20 of them to get full. 
    That's what sides are for my friend! We can fry some shrimp or something for a surf and turf.
  • SGH
    Options
    Thatgrimguy said:
     We can fry some shrimp 
    Now you are talking brother grim ^^^^^^^^^^^. Shrimp is one of my very favorites. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I've been eyeing that damn fryer for a year. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    SGH said:

Shrimp is one of my very favorites. 
    I've noticed something mr. @SGH , ALL FOOD is one of your favorites! My kinda dude!

XLBGE 
  • SGH
    Options
    I've noticed something mr. @SGH , ALL FOOD is one of your favorites! My kinda dude!
    Food, along with women have always been my downfall. Can't hardly say no to either  ;) All kidding aside, I do love to eat brother. It's one of the few things that I really excel at. 

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Tonight was fajitas. They were ridiculous!!!  I love this thing. I love this thing. I love this thing! Steak, chicken, peppers, onions, mushroom and tomatoes. 

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    As mentioned by @SGH natural gas is delivered in many places at 7.0" water column, which translates to 1/4lb psi. I highly recommend NOT just connecting to a natural gas line, but I would see if they make it as natural gas or if you can buy a conversion kit.  

You probably could get 4 solid orifices and drill them out to the appropriate MTD size, but if done incorrectly the gas/air mixture won't be correct. If the mixture is incorrect the byproducts will include carbon monoxide instead of water and carbon dioxide, so it is hazardous if not done properly.