Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm always behind

Options
TN2TX
TN2TX Posts: 298
I can't seem to keep up with all the awesome cooks that everyone is doing. It seems like there is a new trend every day! I am just now getting around to a meatloaf but I know there have been a ton of threads. I'll post some plated pictures shortly. 
Dallas, TX

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    A lot of us are in the same boat... Keep pushing forward 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    You think you're behind.  I cooked a 8 lb turkey breast today.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • TN2TX
    Options
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    There's no ahead or behind. It's a circle. And your meatloaf looks great. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    There's no ahead or behind. It's a circle. And your meatloaf looks great. 
    Mr. Miagy speaks the truth. 

Wax on, wax off.   Great meatloaf. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great, I hope you have some leftover for meatloaf sandwiches this week. ;)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks great. Nicely Done
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    You are not behind - you are way ahead of me...great looking meatloaf. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

if it makes you feel any better, I keep seeing these meatloaf threads and saying to myself "damn, that looks tasty. I need to make that some day"... and "some day" never comes. Meatloaf is still on my egg bucket list.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    I did meatloaf last summer and really liked it.  Great sandwiches afterward.  The only oddity was that the meatloaf picked up more smoke than anything I've cooked.  Maybe it was just that it's not something I'd ever had with smoke on it, but it seemed really strong.
  • TN2TX
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind words. Very easy if you haven't done one.  The wife even liked it and she doesn't care for meatloaf. Unfortunately, that will cut into my leftover stash. 
    Dallas, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    As long as you are trying new things, that's all that matters. I'm behind in some areas too. Smoked bologna has been on my list ever since I got the Egg. Need to find out where my wok is packed and start playing with that again. So many things to try, so few dinners a week...

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• 78 T140E
    78 T140E Posts: 110
    Options
    TN2TX said:
    That meatloaf looks delicious!!  Could you please share the recipe that you used?
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    That meatloaf looks great!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va