Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Trying to decide what the first cocktail will be in my new Yeti 20oz that came today... going to use the 20 for drinks, coffee etc, and just use the 30 for ice water
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    hapster said:
    Trying to decide what the first cocktail will be in my new Yeti 20oz that came today... going to use the 20 for drinks, coffee etc, and just use the 30 for ice water
    The 30 works well for beer as well...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,121
    Options
    Pretty sure my SUV qualifies ....

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,121
    Options
    Getting ready to eat near Busch Stadium...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Don't eat your kids!  
    Options
    Bought tickets because SWMBO wants to see the new Melissa McCarthy movie.  Won't go see Avengers, but...
    On the plus side, the Breckenridge has full size recliners as seats and we can reserve our seats online.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Picked up our new kitchen cabinets today. This is gonna be our new island.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LDR said:
    Bought tickets because SWMBO wants to see the new Melissa McCarthy movie.  
    I think that'd be fun, the critics are sure positive about it.
    Ms. McCarthy was on Jon Stewart the other night, and absolute hoot!  

EDIT: oh, right now, I'm swatting mosquitoes right and left.  Citronella plants are even less effective than the damn candles.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Looking forward to cooking and attending my first Eggfest next weekend in Rockford Illinois with @Dos_Eggys
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    In a boat praying we get through this by hiding under a bridge.  
    Glad we canceled the offshore trip. 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hanging out with @EGC71 at the baseball field. Random meeting. He's doing concessions on his small. 
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Just finished assembling a propane fire table. Kicking back with a cold Victoria cervesa and some guacamole.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just finished washing and cleaning the truck. Heading out later with my beautiful bride of almost 14 years to celebrate our anniversary a few days early since I'm traveling this week on the day of.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just finished washing and cleaning the truck. Heading out later with my beautiful bride of almost 14 years to celebrate our anniversary a few days early since I'm traveling this week on the day of.
    Congratulations in advance...Have a great evening...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Visited a new place, Berlin's Fine Meat and Delicatessen, just opened on 25th street.  It doesn't quite replace a market called Snider's that closed a couple years ago :bawling:  but its not bad; make their own sausages, stuffed loins, bacon, etc and I can't wait to try their Hungarian Goulash.  Today I had their "Capone", prosciutto, mortadella, salame, provolone, romaine, tomato, olive oil and balsamic on sourdough; best sammich I've had in a long time, and only $5!  (EDIT: that was a half-sammich, but more than enough for me)
    They carried a lot of "delicatessen" items, imports, and had oxtails and some good-looking briskets in the meat case.  
    I'm happy!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• EGC71
    EGC71 Posts: 29
    Options
    It was nice meeting you @theyolksonyou
  • Lit
    Options
    About to go SGH on some wings.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Chops were done on the Egg, potatoes in the oven.  Chops are nothing to really post much about, but I did take photos of it.  Potatoes were off the chain though.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I'm recovering!!  Too much ciabatta, brisket and beer!! What a great day!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Sea2Ski That's an ugly Doppler shot to see while on the water. Be safe out there man. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Lit
    Options
    Lady in the break room asked me if I ren out of bread. 
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lady in the break room asked me if I ren out of bread. 
    Hell, I don't even bother with bread! Who needs all those carbs. More Protein.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My Mom borrowed the dethatcher this spring and brought it back in pieces. She ended up dethatching a tree root on accident. She felt awful and I told her not to worry about it. I ordered new parts that took two weeks to get. Not only did I order the wrong parts but ended up ordering parts short. Ugh!  I was able to use the wrong parts and drill out the correct holes and run some machine screws and nuts to make the parts fit correctly. Another two weeks for the rest of the parts. Finally got everything put together this morning. Works good so far. Hopefully my yard will be thanking me in the next couple days!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Lit
    Options
    Just ordered our new kitchen appliances. Went with the GE slate series since it doesn't get finger prints.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Made some killer cream of shiitake mushroom soup for dinner.  Now I troll.
    Options
     Now I troll.
    Troll on my long haired friend  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - what's up muthaflippah!?

I'm winding down.  Give me a call some time.  We need to talk about food and brisket camp and your redneckness. ;)