Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Big @$$ Burger

Options
SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
I happened to notice the Kings Hawaiian round bread looks like a big @$$ hamburger bun.  I think you see where I'm going with this.  Started with a 2.4 lb chuck roast. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• IPASooner
    IPASooner Posts: 208
    Options
    LOL Great thinking my friend! How was it?
    LBGE

Marblehead, MA
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I'm impressed.  Post of the day!
    Phoenix 
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    IPASooner said:
    LOL Great thinking my friend! How was it?
    Thanks!  It was really good.  I cooked it a little more than I usually would but it was still really juicy.  Actually the best burger I have made in a while.  

blasting said:
    I'm impressed.  Post of the day!
    Thanks @Blasting.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Northarrow
    Northarrow Posts: 103
    Options
    Man... That looks good.
    Kennebunk, Maine
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    that's freakin' hilarious.  I love it.  you see those on TV sometimes, but I've never known someone to make one.

I can see a whole string of Flintstone-sized food getting started now.
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options

Now THAT.....is a burger!

South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    I think that is how Shaquille O’neal normallly makes his burgers when he is grilling.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Looks like you just had a "Man vs. Food" moment.  Nicely done!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    Thanks all! For the record it was my family of 5 vs the burger and the Big @$$ Burger won.   There were leftovers :loser:. 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Thanks all! For the record it was my family of 5 vs the burger and the Big @$$ Burger won.   There were leftovers :loser:
    Paging @SGH .
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Thanks all! For the record it was my family of 5 vs the burger and the Big @$$ Burger won.   There were leftovers :loser:
    I sure wish I was there. I give you my word there would have been no leftovers. Awesome cook brother.  A real mans meal right there. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    That's freakin awesome!
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Great post...Love it..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Awesome burger.  So that is a 2.4 pound burger?  I have been to a little hole in the wall place in Iowa where they sold 1 pound burgers and a I believe a pound of fries.  Me an another guy tired to eat it all, but no go.  They said a guy had eating 4 orders in one sitting once.  That is a meatloaf on a bun and looks fantastic. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Awesome burger.  So that is a 2.4 pound burger?  I have been to a little hole in the wall place in Iowa where they sold 1 pound burgers and a I believe a pound of fries.  Me an another guy tired to eat it all, but no go.  They said a guy had eating 4 orders in one sitting once.  That is a meatloaf on a bun and looks fantastic. 
    Yes the raw weight of the chuck was about 2.4 if I recall correctly.  I might have lost a little during the grind but it was close.   I cut it into 1/8th slices, but of course I managed to take down a couple of those.  

Thanks! 

• SmokeyPitt
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I should add my "secret" seasoning.  My friend/ neighbor gave me a bottle of this.  

This is a tasty burger seasoning.  If you find yourself in a RR, ask your server for a bottle.  I think it is less than $5.    

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Reeeeeeed Robin..........Yummmmmmm 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Boom!  :clap: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Hell yeah!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    I should add my "secret" seasoning.  My friend/ neighbor gave me a bottle of this.  

This is a tasty burger seasoning.  If you find yourself in a RR, ask your server for a bottle.  I think it is less than $5.    
    We just ate there last night.  I like their Campfire sauce on fries too.  I think it is ketchup, mayo and Tabasco.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    @Ladeback69 - for a chain it is pretty good.  My kids like it...and they have beer!  I will have to check out the campfire sauce next time we go.  I found some clone recipes and I think you are right on the ingredients.  I might have to make up some campfire sauce for my next big @$$ burger.

• Ladeback69
    Options
    @Ladeback69 - for a chain it is pretty good.  My kids like it...and they have beer!  I will have to check out the campfire sauce next time we go.  I found some clone recipes and I think you are right on the ingredients.  I might have to make up some campfire sauce for my next big @$$ burger.
    My kid like it because he gets pizza and fries.  I to like for the beer and the burgers are good for a chain.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    damn son....that's impressive!
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • SmokeyPitt
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My daughter wanted me to add this pic she took.  Her hand for scale.  

• HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    That's a thing of beauty.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Neat cook. Looks delicious. 
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Wimps need not apply. I like the way you take care of business! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's