Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hell Yeah...Aaron won!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options

He deserves it, if for no other reason than the willingness of people to accept the long line as 'the way it is' if you want to eat great food.  And if you spend any time at all with him, you feel totally comfortable and at ease with him. 

As for the Red Joe in the background, I understand that he has two and just got those in 2014.  He told us he had not learned to use them yet when we were there two days before the Salado Eggfest.  That's when he took us (Irish Rog, Spring Hen and Myself) on the tour of his cookers. 

I also understand that he now has an Egg, either just before or just after his teaching a class at the 2014 Texas Eggfest.  His topic: Caveman steak on the Egg, or so I heard.  I was too busy serving Tasters to attend the class but we did get to see him later. 

I suspect we will see him around Eggs in the future.

Spring "Franklin Line Stander" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    This thread is Cazzy attempting to get VIP Line Cutting PrivIleges.
    Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Oooh a BBQ VIP room?  Hellzya! 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    theoldguy said:

@JohnInCarolina I think @Legume said that you said butt..

It makes....Mike Hauchertz

Do you ever have a constructive comment or post you idiot?
    It's just a loser who feels the need to have a separate troll account. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Oooh a BBQ VIP room?  Hellzya! 
    Where everything's classy and BBQ sauce is shared like...

Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL ... ah yes, Blake the BBQ Harem prince 'till Mama found out ... then Blake the BBQ Harem eunuch.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    NDG said:
    You can use either lump or plain ole charcoal. When using one of my Webers or my PBC, more often than not I use original Kingsfords charcoal in the blue bag. A couple of times a year they put it on sale. You can get 40 pounds, 2 20 pound bags for 9.99 at Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes. I stock up when they do this. For grilling, charcoal works just fine and is much cheaper than lump. The only advantages of lump is less ash and it burns a little hotter. With that said, ash clean up in a small Weber is not a problem at all vs a kamado so this isn't really much of a advantage. Also there are not many things that I grill at 1,000+ degrees so regular charcoal gets plenty hot for my needs. As a matter of fact, I bring all the big units online with charcoal and before converting to wood. With all the above said, if you are grilling with anything other than a Kamado style cooker, then plain ole charcoal works great and is much, much cheaper. I use it religiously my friend. Save your lump for your egg. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    @SGH . . . great stuff - you da man.  Looks like I am buying myself a lil weber jumbo Joe for travel (my mini and minimax dream will have to wait).  Not sure how you found one for $39 . . . all I see is $59.  Still cheap.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'd say he earned it.  Dude is a machine!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    NDG said:
     Not sure how you found one for $39 . . . all I see is $59.  Still cheap.
    I bought mine during the winter when all the grilling stuff goes on sale. I checked a few sights real quick and most have it at 59.99 right now. Still not a bad price at all for such a great little grill. It transports effortlessly and has considerably more space than it looks. It's just about the perfect knock around grill. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Awesome win for Aaron!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

I couldn't watch this video at work and just now watched it.  Please take this in the good natured spirit intended, but I feel stupider for having watched it. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options

I couldn't watch this video at work and just now watched it.  Please take this in the good natured spirit intended, but I feel stupider for having watched it. 

Me too.  But the saddest part is that I wasn't intrigued by it until I read @Fred19Flintstone's comment...  I'm not sure what that says about me.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lowandslow
    lowandslow Posts: 122
    Options
    Happy for him.....Brisket prices just quadrupled in the past 5 minutes
    Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

XL Egg
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    Great award for Aaron Franklin and support for those of us who tread the BBQ trail.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)