Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - SRF Kurobuta Pork

Options
Acn
Acn Posts: 4,424
So with all the SRF talk, and the free shipping offer, I was thinking about placing a SRF order.  Now I know this will get me labeled a heretic around these parts, but I won't be getting brisket.  I know people have spoken highly of the steaks, but has anyone had any experience with the kurobuta pork (specifically the frenched chop)?

Thanks!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Acn said:
    So with all the SRF talk, and the free shipping offer, I was thinking about placing a SRF order.  Now I know this will get me labeled a heretic around these parts, but I won't be getting brisket.  I know people have spoken highly of the steaks, but has anyone had any experience with the kurobuta pork (specifically the frenched chop)?

Thanks!
    Allow me to highjack and expand...Anyone with comments re: their ham?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Acn
    Options
    DMW said:
    Acn said:

Thanks!
    Allow me to highjack and expand...Anyone with comments re: their ham?
    No problem, I'm sure somebody on this forum has experience with their pork.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    I have done a SRF half Ham and it was Great
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Go to Wegmans on the weekend and ask them to custom cut their Berkshire pork. It's the same thing as Kurobuta. Plus, it's about 10 bucks less per lb than SRF.
  • Acn
    Options
    I'll check, I've seen it there before, but the last few times I've looked in the butcher's case they haven't had it.  Thanks.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I've had the chop. It's freaking good. Their pork is marbled like ribeye. I had the loin too. Both "best ever" until I had @20stone 50 day dry aged Berkshire chop at Salado. That one was right up there and it came with a free fireworks show

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Go to Wegmans on the weekend and ask them to custom cut their Berkshire pork. It's the same thing as Kurobuta. Plus, it's about 10 bucks less per lb than SRF.
    Noted. Thanks.