Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food presentation on the forum

Options
2»

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I don't really do much as far as presentation... I really want to start doing a better job at doing so.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    For those who want to get freaky with it, here are some cool videos on plating from Chef Steps:

http://www.chefsteps.com/activities/plating-and-serving

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    This is my everyday dinner setup.  No need to pretty it up.

very proper...eating forks on the left...work your way in with each meal

Where the hell is your service bell? For shame!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options

Around my house, that's all finger food why all the hardware?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Im more about the eats than the looks. I don't bother to post them much anymore. Pulled pork tacos tonight, they were great. Use your imagination for the images. 
    Wife has pro photo equipment, but its just dinner. I do appreciate those who do, just not that concerned about it myself. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    MaC122 said:

very proper...eating forks on the left...work your way in with each meal

Where the hell is your service bell? For shame!

My servants never leave my side, unless I'm discussing business.  No need for a bell.

Also in that pic you will notice the misaligned knife.  I had to fire George over that.  He had been with the family for a few years.  You would think he knew better.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • johnkitchens
    Options

My servants never leave my side, unless I'm discussing business.  No need for a bell.

Also in that pic you will notice the misaligned knife.  I had to fire George over that.  He had been with the family for a few years.  You would think he knew better.
    I like the way you think! It seems to me that George had it coming. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    edited February 2015
    Options

looks like im only allowed the one pic per day so no shrimp diane burger or quail egg burgers to be seen :s

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Any one else notice that the knife moved from the origional pic to the quoted pic?
    How did it become a differant pic when quoted?
    Maybe i missed something, a little hung over today.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Any one else notice that the knife moved from the origional pic to the quoted pic?
    all i noticed was the missing bottle of wine next to the glass, i would never setup my plate without the  bottle (maybe its welches grape juice)  =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I just did. The initial poster of the pic edited his comment so I am guessing it was changed after being quoted. Otherwise, there is a tear in the time-space continuum. 
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    I just did. The initial poster of the pic edited his comment so I am guessing it was changed after being quoted. Otherwise, there is a tear in the time-space continuum. 

whoa......what did I do??????? *xfiles music playing
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    you noticed that too....2 different pics?....maybe....space-time continuum...more likely
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Another Where's Waldo - can you spot the difference?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    So we are clear with my skill set and taking photos, I have a I Phone that I turn on it's side with the picture taking button on top, that's it, you are likely to find all kinds of stuff in my pictures including a fork. That's all I got! My wife still ask me why I am taking pictures of my meat/food!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    you noticed that too....2 different pics?....maybe....space-time continuum...more likely
    X-files .... in truth I posted the wrong pic.  It was quoted while I was editing.

That is why I fired George.  Made my pic look like heathens live there with the crooked knife.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin