Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin from frozen?

Options
I read a thread where @SGH mentioned cooking meat from frozen.  I have a frozen pork loin I would like to cook today.

Has anyone done it?  Any tips?
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I haven't done loin, but I would think indirect would be fine. I think you might burn the outside waiting for the inside direct. I've done chicken breast straight from the freezer many times with no issues and I've read here people doing butts and turkeys. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I agree I would just put it on indirect and allow for some extra time.  You probably don't want to bother season it until it has thawed somewhat on the outside.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    I agree to might take a extra 30 min to cook 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Good deal.  Thanks for the advice!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    Did you do it?  If so, how long did it take, and how did it work out?
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    I did not do it.  Softball practice got in the way.  I will update if I do.
  • JonWesson
    Options
    bump
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road