Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Getting a Bit Excited in St. Croix

Options
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone (especially Smokehouse33) who responded to my initial post.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1176219/need-some-help-in-the-islands#latest

My new XL is being sent from Miami (Home Gas Corp) via my FF (Paradise Freight).  TLC is being provided by all involved - hopefully no eggs will be broken!!!

I am getting this naked due to the complexities of this transit.  I would certainly appreciate anyone's input on "required" and preferred accessories.  This is my fifth BGE (and 40 year anniversary), but I have not used an XL before.

Also, does anyone know where the critical dimensions are on the Web?  I need to start planning/designing my outdoor kitchen/cart.

Thanks so much!

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    When are you ready for guests?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    That would be a heck of an eggfest.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That would be a heck of an eggfest.
    I'm in B)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• MediumRarely
    Options
    Mickey said:
    When are you ready for guests?
    Hmmm....

Hurricane roof tie-downs:  Installed
    10 kW Solar System:  Installed
    Hurricane windows, doors and shutters:  Installed
    Swimming Pool:  Water is 1 foot below center of the skimmer (and rising)
    Cabana/bathroom: needs tile and door - 2 weeks
    Courtyard:  Needs pavers and stones (sand is in place) - 1 week
    Outdoor shower: Need to assemble fittings - 1 week
    Big Green Egg/Outdoor Kitchen: Egg receipt & set up (bare bones) - 2 weeks
    Outdoor kitchen/cart:  2 months

Down here we multiply all schedules by a factor of 2 or 3 (or more), so I guess guests are welcome in about a month - as long as you don't mind bare bones and nakedness!

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Down here we multiply all schedules by a factor of 2 or 3 (or more)...

Ha! I once had a project going in Puerto Rico. Missed the target date BY A YEAR!!! Mañana, eh?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    I'm not going to have much of an appetite if Mickey and nakedness are involved.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• MediumRarely
    Options
    Down here we multiply all schedules by a factor of 2 or 3 (or more)...

Ha! I once had a project going in Puerto Rico. Missed the target date BY A YEAR!!! Mañana, eh?
    I pretty much answer all schedule queries down here with "soon".

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options