Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: New Years Resolutions?

Options
So, how is everyone's resolutions going? I've been so busy that I haven't kept up with the forum this year. But knew it's always a big them for the 1st of the year.

Let me tell you about mine...

I had a few friend over the past year get on this Advocare stuff. I called BS. BUT, I started looking into it. The. A lady was hired at my office, which was my friends wife. So, I decided for my resolution that I would give it a shot... It's the 24 day challenge. I started January the 7th. During the challenge, I ended up ordering more things that I knew I liked and wanted to keep using. This past Saturday it ended, I weighed and remeasured, I lost 17lbs and total inches in 24 days. I have never felt better.. Never.. I feel as good as I did in high school. Probably could have gotten better results if I had actually done more exercising. If you haven't heard of it, I suggest research it.. If your're interested in it, let me know. I can explain a little more in depth. But the website is below if you want to look on your own.

http://www.advocare.com/150124188
Huntsville, Al LBGE

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Is this like shakeology?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Not really, the 24 day challenge has 1 shake for breakfast, for only 14days of the challenge. Which is a really good shake... One of the things that I reordered because I liked it and it was easy breakfast for me.... Fills me up for roughly 3-4 hours.

It has a spark energy "drink" n various flavors, which I'm happy to say is addictive. And a fiber drink for about 6 days, which ain't great, but ain't bad. It's very "uneventful" fiber. If you catch my drift. Pretty good amount of vitamin Pills.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I meant is like shakeology with the multi tier marketing?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I meant is like shakeology with the multi tier marketing?
    You can become a member...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm starting to train for a half marathon in May. I've bought new shoes so far. :D
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Central_Bama_Egger Posts: 886
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You can, I did. The only reason I did was to get a discount.. Becoming one gets you a 20% discount.

Dunno anything about shakeology. It may work just as good. But, I can't speak truth about it. I can about Advocare.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options

I'm starting to train for a half marathon in May. I've bought new shoes so far. :D

Makes me tired just thinking about it.

I ended up getting some Catalyst. Those things have really helped me. Build muscle.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I decided to eat healthier and exercise a lot more. So far, I am down 8 pounds.

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    That is awesome
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    As a former avid weight lifter, I decided to try to get back into my former shape. I have went from a 38 inch waist to a 33 inch waste since January 1. Been hitting the heavy dead lifts and squats as hard as my knees will allow. Quit drinking coke and sweet tea and replaced it with water. January first I was 248 pounds. As of this morning im 227 pounds and falling.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Good grief. That is awesome @SGH ! Thought I was doing good!
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • SGH
    Options

Thanks man. Cutting out the 12 pack of coke a day really has helped. 27 more pounds and I will be down to fight weight!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    SGH said:

Thanks man. Cutting out the 12 pack of coke a day really has helped. 27 more pounds and I will be down to fight weight!!
    12/day!?!?

• Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Options
    @SGH, that is awesome. Congrats.
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    @Eggcelsior HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kudos to everyone trying to better themselves in the new year! I just ran three miles and feel like crap.

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• SGH
    Options
    Walt2015 said:

Thanks brother. The cutting out the cokes has been real hard. However the weight lifting without the magic elixir has been even harder. I'm hanging in there the best that I can though.  

Status- Standing by.

• travisstrick
    Options
    SGH said:

Walt2015 said:

Thanks brother. The cutting out the cokes has been real hard. However the weight lifting without the magic elixir has been even harder. I'm hanging in there the best that I can though.  
    I know what you mean. I'll try to find a pic of me at 26 with a ton of magic elixir.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick
    Options
  • travisstrick
    Options
    That's the wife and I. Feels like a lifetime ago.
  • SGH
    Options

SGH said:

Walt2015 said:

I know what you mean. I'll try to find a pic of me at 26 with a ton of magic elixir.

Brother Strick, I will get my wife to post a pic of me at age 42 when I was at my biggest muscle wise. You and your wife are in great shape, keep up the good work. And for the record, the magic elixir may be in my future if my knees hold up. 

Status- Standing by.

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    @sgh if by magic elixir you mean steroids, I'd not start again since they will worsen your knee problems and make your balls shrink. We have lots of patients on steroids with even worse issues.
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    I've never been on any type of supplements or anything else. But this stuff makes me feel great. I've been on a low calorie deal. And then started to work out. I was seeing no results. But, I bought these catalyst "amino acid" supplements. And have seen great results. Dunno what the deal is.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE