Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chili Garlic Sauce/ go get it. So very good. @ HEB in Texas

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
On crackers is killer. Used in stir fry and wow. imageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    that stuff makes the sticky red thai dipping sauce, always have a bottle in the fridge, good stuff

1 cup sugar, half cup each water and white vineger, 5 cloves coarse chopped garlic, simmer it down til it starts to thicken, add a heaping tbls chili garlic sauce as it cools down, its like candy.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mickey
    Options
    that stuff makes the sticky red thai dipping sauce, always have a bottle in the fridge, good stuff

1 cup sugar, half cup each water and white vineger, 5 cloves coarse chopped garlic, simmer it down til it starts to thicken, add a heaping tbls chili garlic sauce as it cools down, its like candy.

I sent these pics to VI and he has used for years as well. But the interesting part is he keeps his in fridge like you. Any reason in fridge?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    Options
    ive been keeping garlic products in the fridge for a while now for safety reasons, never did before and never a problem and dont even know if theres a problem with this product
    fukahwee maine

• TheShaytoon
    Options
    That stuff is the BOMB.

And we store ours in the fridge too...

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

• Mickey
    Options
    Ok, in the fridge it goes.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Mickey said:

Chicken

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Mickey said:

Chicken

~:>

• TheShaytoon
    TheShaytoon Posts: 420
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Better to be ~:> than :-&

ps...well that only took 7 edits.  

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Excellent stuff and so is their siriacha.  The city of Irwindale, CA  tried to run the company (Huy Fong) out of town because of the potent emissions from their plant processing chilis, but they came to a compromise with an emissions system on the processing.  

That company has and is making a mint, their stuff is everywhere.

I love oriental sauces, we have an oriental supermarket not far that has an unbelievable selection of stuff.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Foghorn said:
    Mickey said:

Chicken

~:>
    It's great on chicken.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @mickey I find their sriracha sauce "meh" but I love that chili garlic stuff, especially mixed into fried rice. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I can't get enough of that stuff.

I use it as a condiment on anything asian...and any other time I remember it.
    If you have an asian grocery around you buy it there....it is much cheaper than in the round eye food stores.  :)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • GreenWave36
    Options
    This stuff blows sriracha out of the water. I just recently started refrigerating it. Use it on everything Asian.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    That stuff is great. Use it a lot when wokking.
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    been using that stuff for years.. make killer General Tsao's chicken (or if you go light on the chili-garlic sauce, great Sesame Chicken). works great in LOTs of stuff... 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Mix it into ground beef with some soy sauce and ginger. It's really good for Asian-inspired burgers.
  • Eggcelsior
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Stupid vanilla.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Yep that stuff is deelish. On or in just about anything. Ours stays in the refrigerator too.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I put that in my phó.
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Mine lives in the fridge after opening, but most of my condiments do.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I love the stuff and use it in everything. I like it much better than saracha. I spike bbq sauce with it all the time.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I make a wing sauce with that.  I don't really have a recipe for it, I just kind of wing it(pun intended).  I start out with a couple tbs of butter and let melt down.  Add some brown sugar.  Once that dissolves I will add some apple cider vinegar.  And finally add sriracha chili garlic sauce.  Let simmer for 20 min.  Add some to the wings last 5-10 min of cook and then add more just before eating.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Put it on eggs, yo!

Great for a morning when your night was a little foggy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Mickey
    Options
    I make a wing sauce with that.  I don't really have a recipe for it, I just kind of wing it(pun intended).  I start out with a couple tbs of butter and let melt down.  Add some brown sugar.  Once that dissolves I will add some apple cider vinegar.  And finally add sriracha chili garlic sauce.  Let simmer for 20 min.  Add some to the wings last 5-10 min of cook and then add more just before eating.

That Sir is a keeper.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited January 2015
    Options

A few "meh" comments about sriracha. You guys should try Uncle Chen extra hot if you haven't. It's got a little more kick and a better taste IMHO. Also Sambal Oelek is a pretty good condiment.

(image)

(

image)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    Obviously I was the very last person on the forum to discover this. Glad I got here when I did.

• Little Steven
    Options
    Nah Mick, There's probably another couple of guys.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    Options
    @little steven

i think the problem with the sriracha is batch to batch, ive gotten some hot, and others with a flat flavor. it probably caught on too fast for them to hold high quality standards
    fukahwee maine

• Little Steven
    Options

Might be true. They are probably sourcing chilis from more places too. I know that fresh chilis here vary in heat levels depending on where they come from. Try the Uncle Chen. It's pretty consistent and always has a "bright" flavour

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MadcapMagician
    Options
    I love the Sambal Ulek. You keep it refrigerated to prevent spoilage.It gets dark and nasty looking if not refrigerated
    1 brand new XL BGE 1-22" WSM 1-Weber Performer 1-Four Seasons gasser West Islip, New York