Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Going Dark on Social Media

Options

Comments

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Crap! That sucks, but I get it. Never had FB or Twitter so my sole internet social media type thing is here really. It will free up some time but your awesome content will be missed. 
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• News2u
    News2u Posts: 335
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Never did the FB or twit thing either, so I perfectly get why you eggited, Blake. And, blasting, you are right. Five years ago the label of heretic was unavoidedable if you dared admit social networking was not your cup of tea. We eggheads have a common thread; we like slow-smoke cooking and learning how up our game without feeling the need to bare our souls. Tried LinkedIn 10 years ago; a year later released myself on my own recognizance. Never felt more liberated. Some of us were never meant to be the social butterfly. And placing boundaries on your privacy doesn't make you strange. Good luck.
    Beef...It's what's for dinner tonight.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sorry to see you go.
    Flint, Michigan
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Recent events have made me rethink social media and my personal involvement in it. I have deactivated FB and Twitter alike at this time. And as hard as it is I am doing the same here for now. So, until then egg on my egghead friends. Egg on.
    NPHuskerFL, change your profile picture or grab a new login all together if you want to be more anonymous.  You may even find that the forum admins will be fine with you changing your login name if you want to keep your history but instead want to be "SouthernEgghead#47" or whatever...

If you leave this forum, then the terrorists win!!!!   
    =))
    LBGE/Maryland
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    did you win the lottery.....thats what i would do, way way off the grid
    Actually, I doubt I would even stop to say goodbye. However, I really doubt that will happen here, someone would have to give me a winning lottery ticket...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    I get the FB and Twitter deal but going submerged and undetected on the forum seems to be  a different order of magnitude.  Regardless, all the best. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    ... going submerged and undetected on the forum ...
    Except for being a lurker, I doubt that Blake can go undetected on the forum.  It wouldn't take but a short amount of time before his personality bubbled to the surface.  Friendly, helpful, quick to respond to questions, good sense of humor are a few of the personality traits that I associate with his screen name ... and I've only been on the forum for a short time, most of you know him better.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I, for one, am a Twitter fan.

I use it primarily as a new source; real life, sports and otherwise. It's easy to scroll through and determine interest level. There are often links to stories I would have not otherwise seen and read. I consider it my "newspaper". I follow BGE and Ray Lampe, for example, with links to new recipes to try. 

As far as tweeting about me, where I am, what I'm doing, no one cares. That's the best part, 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I, for one, am a Twitter fan.

I use it primarily as a new source; real life, sports and otherwise. It's easy to scroll through and determine interest level. There are often links to stories I would have not otherwise seen and read. I consider it my "newspaper". I follow BGE and Ray Lampe, for example, with links to new recipes to try. 
    Me too.  I don't tweet myself that much at all, but if you want to find out what's happening in real time - Twitter is pretty tough to beat.  I follow BGE and Lampe too.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    The Gub'mint already knows more about you than you want to know.  The social aspect of what we share here and maybe on facespace is only a small fraction of the info already gathered on each of us.  

If the Gub'mint wants to gather data on me to learn that I'm an Egghead who likes fantasy football and nekkid wimmens, then more power to them.  I'm one of a million people just like me.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• News2u
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I wonder with some folks if their phones stay glued to their hand, that takes away from others.

Personally, I an on here and Facebook more during work hours in between doing things, breaks, and lunches. After that I really don't do a lot of posting or surfingers.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Sorry to see you go.  Someone who posts great food and information and someone who is willing to help out at the drop of a hat will always be missed.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • BuckeyeBob
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    The Gub'mint already knows more about you than you want to know.  The social aspect of what we share here and maybe on facespace is only a small fraction of the info already gathered on each of us.  

If the Gub'mint wants to gather data on me to learn that I'm an Egghead who likes fantasy football and nekkid wimmens, then more power to them.  I'm one of a million people just like me.
    Yem, even though you're a Wolverine fan, I fully agree with you. I'm sure I'm probably being naive but with the stuff that I post, 90% of which is food related, no ones going to learn much about me and if they do, I'm not that worried.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Nola's behind this.  It's SGHgate part deux.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I had heard that when you registered your egg. That was sold by the mothership to the Food police in Washington who are tracking your cooks on the forum and you will soon have to start paying a "Bovine Flatulence" tax to off set Man made global warming...No wonder he has gone underground.. :-\"
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I agree. I'm on here and Facebook. I don't feel the need to hide from it. If some one wants to get something monetarily from me they'd be sorely dissapointed hell they'd probably leave some pity cash behind. If they mean to harm me or my family I'm pretty well armed. It wouldn't go well.

As for Blake's reasoning for leaving I doubt it's got much to do with personal security or big brother. I don't know, and I'm just guessing but I think y'all are off.

I'll miss his posts as well. Hopefully he'll return. I mean injecting with woodchuck?? We need guys like that here. :)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    I spoke to Blake briefly today..he said he was on a roof and would talk to me in a little..
  • News2u
    Options
    Good deal. This may be less a case of breaking up than needing a break.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @fusionhq tell him I miss him already.   :((

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Don't forget to cancel your cell phone.
    Gittin' there...
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I could stand that douche anyway.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I spoke to Blake briefly today..he said he was on a roof and would talk to me in a little..
    Tell him not to jump. It's just a damned cooking forum!
    I don't care what you say but that is damn funny.... =))
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • BigGreenGator
    Options

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    I saw the light years ago and never started either.  I have a couple of forums I frequent, but also provide very little identifiable information.  And for those stoopid sites that require a birthday (that have nothing to do with my health or gov't interaction)  they get 1-jan-1970 - the start of UNIX time.
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    Blake sent me a few pics, but that's it.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    :-O.  Keep in touch.Will miss your posts
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I talked to blake. .....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN