Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Go Cowboys

Options

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Okay... Really, last ones...

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

Certainly the favorite.....however I would root for GB next week if I were you.  Hard.....

I'm rooting for GB next week, certainly.  Dallas is a dangerous team to play right now... but not becuase of the team.  It sure does appear the league wanted Dallas to win that game, doesn't it?  Maybe it's Goodell's revenge for having Suh's suspension overturned.

Suh!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Cowboys fan having grown up in Dallas and was happy to see them win. Refs aside, it was a good game. I am pulling for them in GB next week, but it's gonna be tough. 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Flint, Michigan
  • mikenb
    mikenb Posts: 10
    Options
    Cowboys fan here. Say what you will about penalties, the Cowboys played a great second half (the first half was not good) and the Lions had the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win but couldn't get it done.

I am real nervous about playing Green Bay. Our defense against Aaron Rogers will not be pretty.
  • SeahawksEGGHead
    Options
    Dear @SeahawksEGGHead,

Not only is Dallas dangerous because of the "Goodell's Conspiracy Theory" but also because the 'Boys gave your beloved Seahawks an ass whipping, at HOME!

Here is the highlights if you forgot!  

=))
    Dallas did beat Seattle at home this year, this is true.  IF Dallas does face a Seattle team in a few weeks (assuming they get past Green Bay, which they won't), they will be facing a much different team than they did a few months ago.  Way different team, way different results.  Dallas wouldn't have the help of their hometown refs, and they would get beat down by the LOB.
  • henapple
    Options
    There were calls that went against the Cowboys. Apparently they thought I'd be fun to rape Beasley on a crossing route. ..I love the fact that Suh cry...he's a douche. How does he keep getting away with that crap? He sleeping with Goodell's wife? They deserved to lose for allowing him to play.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    They deserve to loose EVERY game for allowing him to play.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited January 2015
    Options
    henapple said:
    There were calls that went against the Cowboys. Apparently they thought I'd be fun to rape Beasley on a crossing route. ..I love the fact that Suh cry...he's a douche. How does he keep getting away with that crap? He sleeping with Goodell's wife? They deserved to lose for allowing him to play.
    Exactly right....there's multiple calls every game that go against either team.  Dallas got called for running into the punter when they were in their own end zone and we would have had the ball inside their 40.  They went on and scored.  They ran into the Dallas punter later in the game.  Guess what?  No flag.  Saw a number of holding penalties that were never called on big plays for Detroit too.  You can always pick something to **** and whine about when you lose. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @henapple‌ football is a warriors game. And sometimes in the heat of battle **** goes down, tempers flair, adrenaline takes over. You know where I sit as far NFL and NCAA. I loved Suh with the Huskers then and now. He's a beast and ya he effed up "if" it was on purpose. He's a very physical player. It's not like he murdered anybody (Ratbirds' Lewis) or Murdered a bunch of Man's Best Friends (Dirty Birds' Vickhead).
    Did he screw up yes. 70K is what the league deemed punishment. Fortunately Rodgers is okay. If it was accidental move on...if purposely there is no place for it. Please don't misunderstand I'm not condoning this sort of behavior.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • henapple
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌. ..it's the continuation of his offenses. You gotta realize it's a business and he's trying to damage expensive property in an illegal way. They showed videos Sunday of at least 10 incidents. He's a douche. I was hoping the Cowboys would have a 3rd string lineman takes his knee out.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Dallas. Some people love em and some hate em. When I was 8 years old I toured Texas Stadium (this was in the 70's). I got to walk on the field and stand on the NFL logo on the 50 yard line. 

I saw Roger Staubach's uniform hanging in a locker. To say it had an effect on my 8 year old mind was an understatement. I liked them before. I loved them after. 

I know it is stupid, but that was one hell of a childhood memory for me. As you can guess I am a Cowboys fan. 

NOW here is the weird part I also love the Packers!   

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    henapple said:

@NPHuskerFL‌. ..it's the continuation of his offenses. You gotta realize it's a business and he's trying to damage expensive property in an illegal way. They showed videos Sunday of at least 10 incidents. He's a douche. I was hoping the Cowboys would have a 3rd string lineman takes his knee out.

Whoa! Calm down big fella! It wasn't Peyton Manning he stepped on!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SeahawksEGGHead
    Options

T'was Roger Goodell that called the ref to pick up the flag in Dallas.

"Override MY suspension, will you..."

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options

I would love to know how much it cost Jerra Jones to buy off the refs on that BLATANT picked up flag for pass interference, and totally ignoring Bryant running on the field to protest...Should have been 1st down at the spot of foul plus 15 more yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

The NFL is getting closer and closer to WWE every year with those kind of calls.   

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I watched that same segment Sunday morning. No way in hell he's not doing it on purpose. Complete douche.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited January 2015
    Options

Wow....never seen this much crying.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    KennyLee said:

henapple said:

Exactly right....there's multiple calls every game that go against either team.  Dallas got called for running into the punter when they were in their own end zone and we would have had the ball inside their 40.  They went on and scored.  They ran into the Dallas punter later in the game.  Guess what?  No flag.  Saw a number of holding penalties that were never called on big plays for Detroit too.  You can always pick something to **** and whine about when you lose. 

There is a reason one was a penalty and the other wasn't. Read the rule book. There were a bunch of holding penalties not called on Dallas either, including the final touchdown pass. There is holding on every single play, one way or another.

/Objective observer of the game here. I had no rooting interest in this game. No crying here.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Oopsy. :-O
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Eggcelsior "Alexa, please evaluate all the Dallas Detroit plays and correlate any penalties, missed and called, against the NFL rule book, then add celery to my shopping list". 
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh well...Detroit lost and Dallas won. Without a doubt in my mind, Dallas will get their ass kicked this weekend. Detroit wouldn't have made it past this week either.

Ultimately, I'm just tired of listening to Troy call Dallas games. He bleeds blue for a reason, but **** man, that dude calls a one sided game. I've never heard any broadcaster be so biased towards a team. Let's not talk about Joe Buck either.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    cazzy said:

Oh well...Detroit lost and Dallas won. Without a doubt in my mind, Dallas will get their ass kicked this weekend. Detroit wouldn't have made it past this week either.

Ultimately, I'm just tired of listening to Troy call Dallas games. He bleeds blue for a reason, but **** man, that dude calls a one sided game. I've never heard any broadcaster be so biased towards a team. Let's not talk about Joe Buck either.

I agree that my Lions would probably lose against Seattle. That don't make the Big D Screwjob feel any better.

I hate listening to Troy & Joe Buck call any games especially Cowboys games.
    Flint, Michigan
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    It was weird the way it went down but if anything there were offsetting fouls on the play. Pettigrew grabbed the guys facemask well before he made any defensive contact. Both ticky-tack but no doubt of contact by both and no doubt Pettigrew grabbed his mask first. And the refs didn't choose to punt on 4th and 1 inside Dallas territory, punt it 5 yards, and give up a game winning drive- including a 4th and 8 conversion. 

I think Dallas got very lucky but the eye in the sky don't lie-Hard to turn your head around when a dude is grabbing your facemask

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    Options
     3 points in the second half.... nuff said
  • TheShaytoon
    Options
    Personally I think the worst call of the game was Gov. Christi wearing the orange sweater.

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Personally I think the worst call of the game was Gov. Christi wearing the orange sweater.
    Jerry Jones' leg will never be the same after that hump job. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SeahawksEGGHead
    Options
    It was weird the way it went down but if anything there were offsetting fouls on the play. Pettigrew grabbed the guys facemask well before he made any defensive contact. Both ticky-tack but no doubt of contact by both and no doubt Pettigrew grabbed his mask first. And the refs didn't choose to punt on 4th and 1 inside Dallas territory, punt it 5 yards, and give up a game winning drive- including a 4th and 8 conversion. 

I think Dallas got very lucky but the eye in the sky don't lie-Hard to turn your head around when a dude is grabbing your facemask

Ah, were that true, but it isn't.  Before the imagine in this gif, there was a jersey pull, which is called 10 out of 10 times during the regular season for defensive holding.  Also, look closely and tell me if you see the defender even trying to turn his head to play the ball.  Yes, Pettigrew did get a hand on the facemask, but he wasn't even trying to play the ball.  Water under the bridge at this point, and yeah Dallas is going home this weekend a team defeated.  Seattle hosting the Pack in the Clink to clench the NFC.  Seahawks represent and emerge victorious in the Super Bowl!!!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Fans on both sides are the least objective to ask, part of being a fan, you respond with your heart rather than your head. Like any sport, hate to see controversy develop over what some consider to be a poorly officiated game. Still, looked like the flag was valid - but that's they way it goes. Life goes on. 

Money is on The Pack, heart with the NFL East (next best thing to the Giants, Eagles or Skins)

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Not a fan of either team. But, the calls blew.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014